How to advertise Blackberry with his Android is the safest and I still have versions from March 5 2019 ABS054.

Let someone explain where is the famous Blackberry security like some people already got updates to Android Pie and we still have Oreo and the March 5 update ????

Where's the famous safe Blackberry By Android ?????
    06-07-19 09:39 AM
    How to advertise Blackberry with his Android is the safest and I still have versions from March 5 2019 ABS054.

Let someone explain where is the famous Blackberry security like some people already got updates to Android Pie and we still have Oreo and the March 5 update ????

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tatus-1168323/
    06-07-19 09:46 AM
    When you bought the KEY2, were you not aware of the Motion and KEYone upgrade cycle? Were you not aware that Oreo didn't come until August 2018? Were you not aware that KEYone monthly patches had been hit and miss depending on what "variant" or PRD# you had?

Yes the whole "most secure Android" is a great marketing slogan... but the fine print is where they always get you.
    06-07-19 09:54 AM
    When you bought the KEY2, were you not aware of the Motion and KEYone upgrade cycle? Were you not aware that Oreo didn't come until August 2018? Were you not aware that KEYone monthly patches had been hit and miss depending on what "variant" or PRD# you had?

Yes the whole "most secure Android" is a great marketing slogan... but the fine print is where they always get you.
    Where is the logic here? do I have some security about the version of Oreo on Key2 I have from March 5 and we have today? You have to go after them like a burea *****, you do not leave small money in this company and they can not deliver every month update.

The new Nokia can do updates to Android Pie and the big Blackberry can not deliver on time updates, the big roller is made from customers at BLACKBERRY and then a great surprise that they have a small sale.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-07-19 11:04 AM
    Nokia's business is many times that of BBMo and BlackBerry Ltd (takes both), and they opted for a much simpler generic software update solution - Android One for the most part.

What everyone wanted for BBMo didn't happen.... and the support you see toady is reflective of the lack of Carrier's supporting them and Enterprise choosing BlackBerry's Android Secure product... and them selling millions of phones every year.

If they had sold more, there would have been more revenue to pay for more developers and more overall support capabilities.

My view is having a KEY2 with some updates, is better than no KEY2....
    06-07-19 11:21 AM
    Where is the logic here? do I have some security about the version of Oreo on Key2 I have from March 5 and we have today? You have to go after them like a burea *****, you do not leave small money in this company and they can not deliver every month update.

The new Nokia can do updates to Android Pie and the big Blackberry can not deliver on time updates, the big roller is made from customers at BLACKBERRY and then a great surprise that they have a small sale.
    Nokia uses vanilla Android One.

If you prefer that to a custom, hardened Android, then fill your boots.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-07-19 06:45 PM

If the hardened Android was more important than the security patches....then why BB is losing time on providing them?

True is that Nokia is working much more seriously than BB....
    John Albert and Luniz like this.
    06-08-19 03:49 AM

True is that Nokia is working much more seriously than BB....
    Nokia doesn't have to DO anything. They use Android One.
    06-08-19 08:31 AM
    Nokia's business is many times that of BBMo and BlackBerry Ltd (takes both), and they opted for a much simpler generic software update solution - Android One for the most part.

What everyone wanted for BBMo didn't happen.... and the support you see toady is reflective of the lack of Carrier's supporting them and Enterprise choosing BlackBerry's Android Secure product... and them selling millions of phones every year.

If they had sold more, there would have been more revenue to pay for more developers and more overall support capabilities.

My view is having a KEY2 with some updates, is better than no KEY2....
    Stupid translation, if this and that, and the truth is that not a small price is for Blackberry phones so we have a client somewhere or a small cast at Blackberry until there is such a high price will demand as customers Appla Samsung.

Because in your opinion, we have to pay a high price for Blackberry By Android phones as users of other phones only with the difference that they can demand from their producers only not
    Blackberry customers because there is a small cast.

What the **** is logic?
    06-08-19 10:38 AM
    Nokia doesn't have to DO anything. They use Android One.
    And who's to say BB is doing anything to Android? Who's to say they really are hardening Android?
    06-08-19 05:50 PM
    And who's to say BB is doing anything to Android? Who's to say they really are hardening Android?
    Because we know that. Review the kernel code and analyse the OS yourself.
    06-08-19 06:04 PM
    It’s in the marketing materials and nowhere else.
    John Albert and IceCreamPlz like this.
    06-08-19 06:43 PM

Indeed. Something truly hilarious is that the list of things BB has in the below screenshot is stuff that is already on Android in one form or the other, the DTEK app seems to be the only unique thing that basically brings an existing feature into a user friendly app.
    06-08-19 06:56 PM
    Really?
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    06-09-19 09:08 AM
    Indeed. Something truly hilarious is that the list of things BB has in the below screenshot is stuff that is already on Android in one form or the other, the DTEK app seems to be the only unique thing that basically brings an existing feature into a user friendly app.
    [IMG=1242x1651]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190608/839634e10c215b3853389d5848de2376.jpg[/url]
    I agree..... most their marketing was developed when Lollipop was the flavor of the day. A lot has changed with Android in the five generations that have come since then.

I think there is little need for what BlackBerry is trying to sell... And I don't buy into the most secure Android phone either. Think with their longer support window that that title belongs to Samsung.

Unless you for some reason I haven't figured out think the rooting is really and issue. Sure if someone wanted to root their phone they would be at risk... but no more than people that allow apps from unknown sources, and that hasn't slowed many BlackBerry users down.

But I do think BlackBerry tried to offer a more secure Android...
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-10-19 07:10 AM
    Really?
    Yep, Googling every feature BlackBerry claims, lands me on an Android equivalent

I agree..... most their marketing was developed when Lollipop was the flavor of the day. A lot has changed with Android in the five generations that have come since then.

I think there is little need for what BlackBerry is trying to sell... And I don't buy into the most secure Android phone either. Think with their longer support window that that title belongs to Samsung.

Unless you for some reason I haven't figured out think the rooting is really and issue. Sure if someone wanted to root their phone they would be at risk... but no more than people that allow apps from unknown sources, and that hasn't slowed many BlackBerry users down.

But I do think BlackBerry tried to offer a more secure Android...
    Lol, BlackBerry are using the placebo effect, to make people think they have the most secure version of Android.

Even Rooting is all dependent on Bootloader unlocking etc... there are many Samsung, LG etc.... models that cannot be rooted due to bootloader locks by networks.
    06-10-19 07:19 AM
    Yep, Googling every feature BlackBerry claims, lands me on an Android equivalent

Lol, BlackBerry are using the placebo effect, to make people think they have the most secure version of Android.

Even Rooting is all dependent on Bootloader unlocking etc... there are many Samsung, LG etc.... models that cannot be rooted due to bootloader locks by networks.
    I don't think it's a placebo, believe they have gone beyond what others were doing back four years ago. But the gap has narrowed and just how much more secure their threat detection is.... I can't really say.

For me the short support window is a bigger issue...
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    06-10-19 07:53 AM
    I don't think it's a placebo, believe they have gone beyond what others were doing back four years ago. But the gap has narrowed and just how much more secure their threat detection is.... I can't really say.

For me the short support window is a bigger issue...
    Yup, the market has simply caught up and in some ways is surpassing them. In 2015 monthly updates were revolutionary, in 2019 not only do most OEM's provide them but they offer them for a longer period than "BlackBerry devices" seem to.
    06-10-19 10:04 AM
    Yup, the market has simply caught up and in some ways is surpassing them. In 2015 monthly updates were revolutionary, in 2019 not only do most OEM's provide them but they offer them for a longer period than "BlackBerry devices" seem to.
    I wouldn't say "most" OEM's, but those dealing in what are suppose to be premium device.... yes.

But there are plenty of OEMs that still don't offer any updates of note. BBMo is much better than their sister brand Alcatel.
    06-10-19 10:52 AM
    I wouldn't say "most" OEM's, but those dealing in what are suppose to be premium device.... yes.

But there are plenty of OEMs that still don't offer any updates of note. BBMo is much better than their sister brand Alcatel.
    BBMo has typically over 90% of all of its device variants updated within 60 days. This is up near the top - no question (flagship or not).

Specifically, the last three months are 96%, 87%, and 91%.
    06-10-19 11:01 AM
    BBMo has typically over 90% of all devices updated within 60 days. This is up near the top - no question.
    We'll check back in 60 days and see how that looks....
    06-10-19 11:10 AM
    We'll check back in 60 days and see how that looks....
    If you're referring to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, I would exclude that from future lists, as update support has ended. That's a different discussion. I track actively supported devices.
    06-10-19 11:15 AM
    If you're referring to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, I would exclude that from future lists, as update support has ended. That's a different discussion. I track actively supported devices.
    That the two year old KEYone isn't an actively supported device is the issue I was talking about. By today's standards that is a short support window for a "premium" product.

And that was the discussion I was having...
    06-10-19 11:35 AM

My Blackberry Key2 in England, United Kingdom on O2 network unlocked is just about 3 months old now and has already had its third update
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 06-10-19 at 12:58 PM.
    06-10-19 12:31 PM
    BBMo has typically over 90% of all of its device variants updated within 60 days. This is up near the top - no question (flagship or not).

Specifically, the last three months are 96%, 87%, and 91%.
    Sure but if they're only guaranteed for 2 years that's still behind Google, Nokia, Samsung, etc who now provide updates for 3 years. My point wasn't that BlackBerry Ltd/BlackBerry Mobile are lagging but that the market is catching up to the point where many previous unique BB Android selling points are no longer unique or competitive.
    06-10-19 03:22 PM
27 12