It appears that the only way to buy a Key2 is through Amazon or Best Buy. I would like to hold one in an actual store before making a decision to buy. Does anyone know if the Key2 is on any store shelves, or is it online only? Thanks in advance....
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    09-24-18 04:43 PM
    You will probably have better luck finding someone from CB in your area that already has the device and is willing to do show and tell with you.

Posted via CB10
    Egonzalez1978 likes this.
    09-24-18 05:15 PM
    You will probably have better luck finding someone from CB in your area that already has the device and is willing to do show and tell with you.

Posted via CB10
    Thats such a great Idea I never thought about this. I too was looking in my state and neighboring states for this phone on display. I checked Bestbuy, all the carriers and other electronic stores and nothing. So i just purchased one on Swappa for way below price in stores. I get it soon and once I try it out if I like it I will keep if not i will re sell. Very excited. IS there a place in the crackberry forums to see if anyone else is in the same area as you? or me? or w/e? lol
    Luke Coughey likes this.
    09-25-18 06:22 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm in small town West Texas and I haven't seen a Blackberry (outside of mine) for at least five years. I'm gonna roll the dice and hope for the best.
    09-25-18 11:15 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm in small town West Texas and I haven't seen a Blackberry (outside of mine) for at least five years. I'm gonna roll the dice and hope for the best.
    I’m just north of Fort Worth if you’re ever out that way.
    09-27-18 09:02 AM
    That's a generous offer. I sometimes get there (my brother lives in Azle), but not too often. I've made up my mind to buy the Key2 and hope for the best. I was on this forum a bit when I bought the DTEK50, but not since then. I'll report my thoughts on the Key2. Thanks for the offer.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-27-18 09:59 PM
    That's a generous offer. I sometimes get there (my brother lives in Azle), but not too often. I've made up my mind to buy the Key2 and hope for the best. I was on this forum a bit when I bought the DTEK50, but not since then. I'll report my thoughts on the Key2. Thanks for the offer.
    Sure thing. I'm about 5 minutes from Azle. I don't think you'll regret the Key2. Best BlackBerry I think I've ever used, which could be very specific to my needs.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-28-18 08:51 AM
    Good verbiage: "my needs." Here are my needs. Tell me if you think the K2 is a good fit. First and foremost, phone calls. I make and get lots of them. Need quality sound and decent volume. I assume all phones have that today. Next is emails, often with attachments. I need to be able to read attachments easily. Third is texting, I'm very fond of the swiping feature on the DTEK50. Does the swiping on the K2 work at least as well? After that, but still quite important, is viewing photos. Not "fun" pictures, but pictures from employees that require decisions, such as a broken part on equipment, etc. Is the screen big enough to see picture details without having to zoom too much?

On the bright side, I don't do social media, gaming or watch movies, so the smaller screen won't affect me there. I think I'm mostly concerned about the smaller screen causing me to zoom a lot for picture detail and scroll a lot to read documents.

Feedback?
    09-29-18 08:45 AM
    Frustrating! Went to my local Best Buy to check out the new Key2 as they advertise purchase and pick up at this location. It is NOT on display. they actually have it to sell, but it's not out. The only way to touch it is to purchase it. How CrAzY!!! How is Blackberry planning to sell these devices when it's hidden and hard to purchase?
    phuoc likes this.
    09-29-18 12:38 PM
    Frustrating! Went to my local Best Buy to check out the new Key2 as they advertise purchase and pick up at this location. It is NOT on display. they actually have it to sell, but it's not out. The only way to touch it is to purchase it. How CrAzY!!! How is Blackberry planning to sell these devices when it's hidden and hard to purchase?
    Did the same, disheartening.
    09-29-18 12:44 PM
    I'm sure it is a Best Buy management decision, not that of BBMo. I bought my Key² through Best Buy. I ordered it sight unseen knowing that there is a Best Buy a few blocks down the road from me and if I didn't like the Key² I could drive a mile or less down the street and return it.
    flelite likes this.
    09-29-18 12:51 PM
    My experience is that, given the high value of limited shelf space, retailers, whether phone stores or groceries or any others, have to decide how to best allocate that real estate. They give it to what sells. Who can blame them? While we who are on this forum like to use BlackBerries, the brand is essentially gone at the macro level in this country (the US). Sad, but true. At the same time, marketing drives so many products that otherwise would never stand out. BB's investors could roll the dice and spend the money to put the brand back on the map. I think it's doable. But, for most of the market, it needs to be a touch screen. The times have just gotten us there. I just ordered a Key2, but I'm not an idiot. I know keyboards are going away. I'm 60 and grew up with vinyl albums. They disappeared, but now are "back." I ask, "How 'back' do people mean?" I know the answer: Enough to sell some albums to a niche group, but not enough that all the major artists are releasing music on vinyl. It's just over. The times are changing, as always.
    misterabrasive and flelite like this.
    09-29-18 01:44 PM
    I'm sure it is a Best Buy management decision, not that of BBMo. I bought my Key² through Best Buy. I ordered it sight unseen knowing that there is a Best Buy a few blocks down the road from me and if I didn't like the Key² I could drive a mile or less down the street and return it.
    Agreed!!! I will most likely buy the Key2 or Key2 LE sight unseen as well. However, to rebuild the brand and hit some impressive sales to secure it's possible future, I can imagine a display enticing more people to get rid of their all glass phones and come back to these phones. Definitely a missed opportunity. People still ask about my phone and didn't realize these phones were still being made. - Typed on my Keyone
    09-29-18 05:57 PM