My KeyOne is experiencing significant performance issues lately, so I decided I'd bite the bullet and buy a Key2. I'm in the USA, and use AT&T for a carrier.

I went onto Amazon, and there were several options - I had read on this forum that the International version was inferior (and not covered by warranty), so I avoided the sponsored link of

"BlackBerry Key2 BBF100-6 64GB/6GB Dual Sim Factory Unlocked GSM ONLY, NO CDMA - International Version (no Warranty in The USA) (Black)" for $419

and instead opted for:

"BlackBerry KEY2 Black Unlocked Android Smartphone (AT&T/T-Mobile) 4G LTE, 64GB" for $591.

I was then shocked to receive the Dual Sim "Imported from India" version from Amazon yesterday. I promptly filed for a return.

However, since the only seller on Amazon with Key2 for AT&T is not selling the correct product, I have no idea where to actually buy a Key2 now. Even the large "Buy Now" ad on this forum post just takes me to Amazon.

So where can I actually purchase a Key2? Is my 15-year run with Blackberry coming to an end?
    05-31-19 09:51 AM
    My KeyOne is experiencing significant performance issues lately, so I decided I'd bite the bullet and buy a Key2. I'm in the USA, and use AT&T for a carrier.

I went onto Amazon, and there were several options - I had read on this forum that the International version was inferior (and not covered by warranty), so I avoided the sponsored link of

"BlackBerry Key2 BBF100-6 64GB/6GB Dual Sim Factory Unlocked GSM ONLY, NO CDMA - International Version (no Warranty in The USA) (Black)" for $419

and instead opted for:

"BlackBerry KEY2 Black Unlocked Android Smartphone (AT&T/T-Mobile) 4G LTE, 64GB" for $591.

I was then shocked to receive the Dual Sim "Imported from India" version from Amazon yesterday. I promptly filed for a return.

However, since the only seller on Amazon with Key2 for AT&T is not selling the correct product, I have no idea where to actually buy a Key2 now. Even the large "Buy Now" ad on this forum post just takes me to Amazon.

So where can I actually purchase a Key2? Is my 15-year run with Blackberry coming to an end?
    https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Un...UvbUpU13397907

BBF100-2.
    05-31-19 09:53 AM
    Nope - that is the vendor I purchased it from, it is not the US version, it is the India version.
    John Albert likes this.
    05-31-19 09:54 AM

and instead opted for:

Unfortunately I have read far too many posts here on CrackBerry from people like yourself who have ordered a KEY2 from Amazon only to have gotten snookered by these 3rd party sellers. What they advertise is not what they are selling and until you receive the device you then find out it's the India version KEY2.

This should not be happening in my opinion... but I have read of this occurring multiple times recently here on CrackBerry.

Good luck and hopefully you will fine a true North American KEY2.

Bob
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-31-19 10:18 AM
    Unfortunately I have read far too many posts here on CrackBerry from people like yourself who have ordered a KEY2 from Amazon only to have gotten snookered by these 3rd party sellers. What they advertise is not what they are selling and until you receive the device you then find out it's the India version KEY2.

This should not be happening in my opinion... but I have read of this occurring multiple times recently here on CrackBerry.

Good luck and hopefully you will fine a true North American KEY2.

Bob
    Right now, seems like the only seller on Amazon for the International BBF100-6 is "BuySpray".
    05-31-19 10:32 AM
    Nope - that is the vendor I purchased it from, it is not the US version, it is the India version.
    If you expand the seller listings for the 100-2 you'll see several vendors. The one for $615.95 from Amazon directly and Prime eligible should get you the proper device. Third party sellers will sometimes list the device incorrectly, unintended or intended to get traffic and even unload some devices. For them a possible non returned sale is better than no sale.
    05-31-19 10:37 AM
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    05-31-19 10:55 AM
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [IMG=683x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/1472681ce5888593ab6dcb92ab25f644.jpg[/url]
    Third party vendors misidentified products.
    05-31-19 10:57 AM
    Third party vendors misidentified products.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    05-31-19 10:59 AM
    Ordered mine back in April, with same description (-2 version) but got the indian version.

I can't sent back because I had it shipped to honduras and it will be too much of hassle.

im not mad, just worried about the os updates.
    05-31-19 10:59 AM
    Ordered mine back in April, with same description (-2 version) but got the indian version.

I can't sent back because I had it shipped to honduras and it will be too much of hassle.

im not mad, just worried about the os updates.
    The Indian version is appalling on updates.
    05-31-19 11:02 AM
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [IMG=683x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/71f9d61eb0b7d46cb51f6da634e7070d.jpg[/url]
    Attached Thumbnails Where can I buy a USA AT&T Key2?-25944.jpg  
    05-31-19 11:04 AM
    If you expand the seller listings for the 100-2 you'll see several vendors. The one for $615.95 from Amazon directly and Prime eligible should get you the proper device. Third party sellers will sometimes list the device incorrectly, unintended or intended to get traffic and even unload some devices. For them a possible non returned sale is better than no sale.
    Thanks, it took me a while to find this, but now I can see where to get it direct from Amazon.
    05-31-19 11:19 AM
    Thanks, it took me a while to find this, but now I can see where to get it direct from Amazon.
    Good luck in getting the phone you think your getting. Keep us informed.
    05-31-19 03:23 PM
    Thanks - it was helpful to get the actual model number, it was clearly printed as BBF100-2 on the Amazon page, so I don't think I'll have any trouble getting a refund since the one I received was a BBF100-6.
    05-31-19 03:29 PM
    Thanks - it was helpful to get the actual model number, it was clearly printed as BBF100-2 on the Amazon page, so I don't think I'll have any trouble getting a refund since the one I received was a BBF100-6.
    Amazon track record much better. It's not perfect as I know couple reports of fulfillment error. Most important thing is when you get device, use the manual code, actually punch in, and verify the correct PRD # model and version. I'm sorry I don't remember the sequence, @conite or @Smokeaire please?
    05-31-19 03:34 PM
    Amazon track record much better. It's not perfect as I know couple reports of fulfillment error. Most important thing is when you get device, use the manual code, actually punch in, and verify the correct PRD # model and version. I'm sorry I don't remember the sequence, @conite or @Smokeaire please?
    Type *#837837# into the phone dialer.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-31-19 03:59 PM
    I got the India version when I ordered my Key²LE and got a prompt refund once the shipping was confirmed. It didn't even have to arrive back. It too had the wrong specs in Amazon.
    05-31-19 04:17 PM
    Unfortunately I have to wait for the seller to authorize the return, they have 48 hours to do so. It sucks since I don't want to order a second phone until I know for sure that I'm getting my money back on the first, so it seems like this all delays me about a week from a replacement phone.
    05-31-19 04:23 PM
    Unfortunately I have to wait for the seller to authorize the return, they have 48 hours to do so. It sucks since I don't want to order a second phone until I know for sure that I'm getting my money back on the first, so it seems like this all delays me about a week from a replacement phone.
    I sent you a DM.
    05-31-19 04:52 PM
    The seller authorizing the refund didn't take long. I think is was same day.
    When I got the phone I just took the phone out of the box, didn't even look at the rest of the "stuff". Had I looked at the wall plug charger I would have noticed it had the European prongs. Oh well. It ended fine.
    05-31-19 05:14 PM
    Maybe you hit it just right. I put the claim in this morning, nothing back yet. They have two business days, which is probably now Tuesday. I'll wind up shipping back on Wednesday, place my order the same day, and if I'm lucky, will have my new phone next Friday.
    05-31-19 06:45 PM
    Try the Amazon warehouse deals. I just picked up one and doesn't even look used and they are cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...UvbUpU13398168
    05-31-19 09:45 PM
    Unfortunately, the seller is not being cooperative, and did not respond to my request for a return. I now have to escalate this via opening a case, which means that it can take me an additional week for the approval to be processed. What a mess!
    06-04-19 09:40 AM
    When I was trying to get my KEY2, I asked 3rd party sellers if they could tell me the model number and PRD ahead of time. A bunch of them came clean and said "Sorry, we only carry the BBF100-6 model. Amazon made a listing error. We are trying to fix it." or something to that effect.

If your purchasing a phone, the easiest way is to buy directly from Amazon and not a 3rd party. I got my Silver KEY2 directly from Amazon this weekend and it was exactly as listed. Of course, this is only because I really need a BBF100-2 since my local carrier uses band 66. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't fuss over an International phone or not.
    06-04-19 09:59 AM
29 12