I think that there are still some things we would like to see solved like the swiping up not being consistent. Anyone with inside info on when we can expect a new build beyond ABP242?

Is TCL communicating in some way which "aggravations" it plans to address in future builds or is this always kind of a guess?
    02-12-19 12:18 PM
    Keeping with the current flow of updates, one should roll through at the end of the month to the middle of next month depending on your PRD. And while there's no direct communication from TCL, I know there's plenty of folks on the BlackBerry (apps) / TCL (hardware) side which do track and escalate issues found here presented by users.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    02-12-19 12:33 PM
    02-12-19 12:58 PM
    That massive thread is s more about cursor and pointer mode. My keyboard doesn't seem to be affected by this. When I need cursor mode I just double tap a key. Works as designed.

Just would be nice if TCL would communicate specifically about certain specific issues experienced by a large number of users so we know when to expect a fix.

Now it's always a guess if this or that issue was addressed or not.

In general I am not complaining. I am pretty happy with the improvements they have made since KEYone. Always room for some improvement of course ๐Ÿ˜‹
    02-12-19 01:40 PM
    That massive thread is s more about cursor and pointer mode. My keyboard doesn't seem to be affected by this. When I need cursor mode I just double tap a key. Works as designed.

Just would be nice if TCL would communicate specifically about certain specific issues experienced by a large number of users so we know when to expect a fix.

In general I am not complaining. I am pretty happy with the improvements they have made since KEYone. Always room for some improvement of course
    They need to learn from Punkt:

/crackberry-com-news-discussion-f415/punkt-releases-first-mp02-software-update-1163510/
    02-12-19 01:42 PM
    I started a petition for better changelog info

Better changelog and roadmap info https://secure.avaaz.org/en/communit...rm=rhAaob%2Ben bumped
    Last edited by Thinkbusiness; 02-24-19 at 12:02 PM.
    02-12-19 02:01 PM

In general I am not complaining. I am pretty happy with the improvements they have made since KEYone. Always room for some improvement of course ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Yes, that thread started off the discussion regarding the pointer/cursor issue. It has evolved into not only discussing that issue, which seems to be mostly eliminated in the recent update, and the PKB sensitivity issue when swiping predicted words. Which some have reported getting a bit of relief with the recent update.

From your posts here and other threads, it appears you suffer as I do and others, with the PKB sensitivity issue when swiping predicted words. I would encourage you to contact BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support and open a case... the more KEY2 owners that bring this to their attention will assist in their resolving this issue.

Bob
    Crusader03 likes this.
    02-12-19 02:03 PM
    I started a petition for better changelog info

Better changelog and roadmap info https://secure.avaaz.org/en/communit...rm=rhAaob%2Ben
    Signed!
    Crusader03 likes this.
    02-12-19 02:04 PM
    I signed up as well... ๐Ÿ‘

Bob
    Crusader03 likes this.
    02-12-19 02:13 PM
    I signed up as well... ๐Ÿ‘

Bob
    Great. Spread the word.
    02-12-19 02:21 PM
    Keeping with the current flow of updates, one should roll through at the end of the month to the middle of next month depending on your PRD. And while there's no direct communication from TCL, I know there's plenty of folks on the BlackBerry (apps) / TCL (hardware) side which do track and escalate issues found here presented by users.
    The next build is already rolling out to some devices and it contains the February patch.
    02-13-19 12:15 PM
    The next build is already rolling out to some devices and it contains the February patch.
    Right, but given we're already in February I figured they meant the NEXT (March) update. Missed the build number they mentioned, they all blend to me. :P
    02-13-19 12:19 PM
    I'm on the February patch right now and already looking forward to the March patch. I hope they will finally fix the swiping up / random cursor mode issue.

Don't get me wrong I love the device but the PKB responsiveness should be perfect.
    Bob80220, RK_BB and Vistaus like this.
    02-22-19 01:51 PM
    I have yet to receive the February update OTA for my PRD-003. I have no idea if I will receive this update or go onto March like I went from November and received the January update OTA skipping December. From reports I have read by those that did the update with the autoloader there was minimal, if any, change with the PKB sensitivity issue.

Bob
    02-22-19 01:57 PM
    I have yet to receive the February update OTA for my PRD-003. I have no idea if I will receive this update or go onto March like I went from November and received the January update OTA skipping December. From reports I have read by those that did the update with the autoloader there was minimal, if any, change with the PKB sensitivity issue.

Bob
    Do you mean an OTA update can trigger different behavior compared to using an autoloader?

That would worry me. Because my PRD still was on ABL911 in February (!) With no OTA update in sight I decided to do the autoloader.

I can confirm that IMHO the swiping up still hasn't been resolved. Because it is still a hit and miss I really cannot tell if it actually has been improved or not. Maybe slightly but certainly not in a way that swipes work perfectly now.

Also still experiencing the cursor mode or symbol page popping up.

I guess my hands and brain are dealing with the imperfections. That might also lead us to believe the situation has improved while it's actually us adapting to the situation.
    02-22-19 02:18 PM
    Do you mean an OTA update can trigger different behavior compared to using an autoloader?
    Not that I'm aware of... my understanding is the updates done with the autoloader are the same as what gets pushed OTA.

Bob
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-22-19 02:38 PM
    Not that I'm aware of... my understanding is the updates done with the autoloader are the same as what gets pushed OTA.

Bob
    That's correct!
    02-22-19 03:17 PM
    That's correct!
    Ok. Do you think a wipe makes a difference? I always choose no wipe with autoloaders.
    02-23-19 04:57 AM
    Ok. Do you think a wipe makes a difference? I always choose no wipe with autoloaders.
    It shouldn't but in my stickler mind it does...
    02-23-19 10:19 AM
    I may consider doing a wipe with the March update. I guess it will depend on the results from early installers.
    02-24-19 12:01 PM
    I may consider doing a wipe with the March update. I guess it will depend on the results from early installers.
    I will do a wipe with March for sure! I think it should be a standard practice while something as acutely important as PKB drivers is being updated. You never know what gremlins were left behind from the older version...

Yes, not ideal, but necessary IMO.
    02-24-19 12:46 PM
    any word on the next update?
    02-27-19 01:13 AM