Reading the discussion here it's sad but not surprising.

Did anyone ever think that it wasn't necessarily TCL hardware but Blackberry's Android software?

And not to place all the blame on Blackberry but maybe it has to do with each updated Android versions.

Blackberry's skin was never good to begin with from what I remember and even though they introduced decent apps (like the privacy shade, etc) nothing about the BB skin was ever implemented very well - the HUB, the Tab, Dtek, Device Search, etc and I think that was probably Google's fault.

I remember when the Priv launched people were like, give Blackberry some time they'll nail the OS - well have they? It's like almost 5 years later...

There was only ever so much Blackberry could do with Android and their take on "productivity" unfortunately.
    I'm of the opinion still there's tons they could have done if they'd really wanted to.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-19 04:00 PM
    I'm of the opinion still there's tons they could have done if they'd really wanted to.
    Agree..... but I think it was more if they could not afford too.

They did a great job in the short time they had, but once the PRIV was launched (and flopped)... there was no money. Seems like back then there was talk of the possibility of an Android version of Blend. That would have been a nice touch. Clearly the launcher could have really benefited from a lot more development.
    11-13-19 07:35 AM
    I remember seeing the PRIV here in Canada with a Price tag of $800 Canadian. That might have something to do with it. Did not pick up a PRIV for that very reason. Then paid almost that for my K1 and more than that for my K2. Go figure!
    11-14-19 05:00 PM
    Again stop the back and forth arguing and move on or you will find yourself gone for a couple days in a non volunteer manner
    11-14-19 07:32 PM
    Again stop the back and forth arguing and move on or you will find yourself gone for a couple days in a non volunteer manner
    Good! I fully agree!
    11-14-19 07:40 PM
    Good! I fully agree!
    By the way stop calling me "my freind" LOL
    11-14-19 07:46 PM
    By the way stop calling me "my freind" LOL
    Will do brother!
    11-14-19 07:47 PM
    Dropping a comment here.. it has been a long while since any thread generated so much participation.. so I thought I could be a part of this. haha.

Have a great weekend!
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-15-19 03:32 AM
258 ... 91011