I frequent a number of Forums in addition to CrackBerry involved with a number of interests I have. I am amazed, although not surprised, by supposedly fact based statements that are made but without anything of substance to substantiate some claims. When asked to provide fact based support of these statements, the response is typically repeating hearsay information.

CrackBerry unfortunately, of all the Forums I am involved with, is no doubt the #1 Forum for information being posted that can't be substantiated. I always follow my Golden Rule of Forums which is... consider the source.

Bob
    I agree. You can see that first hand in the Key2 forum with the capacitive PKB issues thread. I’ve never seen anything officially substantiated with actual proof beyond user claims.
    11-08-19 10:05 AM
    I agree. You can see that first hand in the Key2 forum with the capacitive PKB issues thread. I’ve never seen anything officially substantiated with actual proof beyond user claims.
    User claims of the PKB flaw are fact based and have been substantiated by BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support. Yes, TCL/Blackberry Mobile has never officially acknowledged this defect, but that runs the true with their not being very forthcoming on anything to date.

Myself, and countless others who experience this defect, are providing first hand information which is fact based... not hearsay.

Bob
    11-08-19 10:16 AM
    Myself, and countless others who experience this defect, are providing first hand information which is fact based... not hearsay.

Bob
    Aren't the "facts" really just anecdotes, as was recently claimed here?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-08-19 10:43 AM
    Chuck, give your head a shake and your glasses a clean, go back to the MEGA thread and find umpteen screen captures of discussions with BBMo support staff acknowledging the issue! This is exactly what Bob is talking about! You make a statement of fact, yet it is no where near to being based on truth or fact! Search LiamQ as he was openly working on the issue from the BBL side and posting here! I would suggest wearing a hat in the hot Florida Sun Chucky!
    11-08-19 10:50 AM
    User claims of the PKB flaw are fact based and have been substantiated by BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support. Yes, TCL/Blackberry Mobile has never officially acknowledged this defect, but that runs the true with their not being very forthcoming on anything to date.

Bob
    It’s first hand fact based opinion since every user that claims has subjective base and measurement. Unlike the screen pop issue which is and was measurable. I’m not looking to argue. My point was simply your perspective is your reality. It’s that way for each device owner. Asking for links and other so called proof cuts both ways. I was merely recalling a posit by another member that was and if still around is well respected.

This entire forum has, is and will be a place that includes speculation and rumor. Official statements, press releases, news items and public filings are found on the corporate pages of the respective companies which have their own spin.
    11-08-19 10:55 AM
    Chuck, give your head a shake and your glasses a clean, go back to the MEGA thread and find umpteen screen captures of discussions with BBMo support staff acknowledging the issue! This is exactly what Bob is talking about! You make a statement of fact, yet it is no where near to being based on truth or fact! Search LiamQ as he was openly working on the issue from the BBL side and posting here! I would suggest wearing a hat in the hot Florida Sun Chucky!
    Read my response to Bob as it applies here too. I’m merely saying that it’s ridiculous to ask for links to a different topic and then not get some feedback that cuts in a similar manner. Official was the key word, and I’ve never seen official acknowledgement from anyone from BBMo about their device regarding the matter. I don’t really think even BB people ever acknowledged device problem either but I won’t split hairs. Everyone asks me to play nicely and I have lately. This all started over memory recall of something from a four year old post not claimed to be correct or not. It’s a casual discussion forum.
    11-08-19 11:00 AM
    Fact... the typing and swiping issue exists and has been documented by countless KEY2 users globally. Fact... the typing and swiping of predicted words issue has been acknowledged by BlackBerry Technical Support. Fact... the typing and swiping of predicted words issue has been acknowledged by a member, who for an extended time, adamantly said it didn't exist.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-08-19 11:01 AM
    Fact... the typing and swiping issue exists and has been documented by countless KEY2 users globally. Fact... the typing and swiping of predicted words issue has been acknowledged by BlackBerry Technical Support. Fact... the typing and swiping of predicted words issue has been acknowledged by a member, who for an extended time, adamantly said it didn't exist.

Bob
    “If you would Bob, please post the article you read that supports this claim... Thanks.”

Your quote above, could you do this for all of us here in the similar manner above requested? All I changed was the name to make sense.

Just hold yourself to same level or standard as you held me...
    11-08-19 11:11 AM
    “If you would Bob, please post the article you read that supports this claim... Thanks.”

Your quote above, could you do this for all of us here in the similar manner above requested? All I changed was the name to make sense.

The "facts" I am claiming are all well substantiated and documented in the Mega Thread Chuck...

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-08-19 11:15 AM

No need or reason to continue this line of discussion. Facts are facts! Period! Enjoy your day!
    11-08-19 11:27 AM
    At least I get the point you're trying to make, Chuck
    11-08-19 12:10 PM
    still a great phone when compared to the Priv I had before it.
    11-08-19 12:53 PM
    still a great phone when compared to the Priv I had before it.
    It’s only fair to judge the PRIV in context of it’s release. It was the very first Android or more accurately the first BBAndroid phone designed and sold from BlackBerry seven years after the first Android hardware was sold in carrier stores. Regardless of your mobile OS related opinions coupled with form, the PRIV was a good first and last total BlackBerry attempt.
    11-08-19 01:01 PM
    It was a love/hate relationship that I had with the Priv, I I loved BBAndroid and the form factor of the Priv, I hated how slow it was, that I couldn't guarantee it would charge when I plugged it in overnight, that the Wifi on mine wouldn't work at a time when I was on a very limited data plan, that bluetooth headphones didn't work for mine etc.

The fact that all of that works great for my Key2 is so important to me, and also I still get BBAndroid and in my opinion a great keyboard.
    11-08-19 01:23 PM
    It was a love/hate relationship that I had with the Priv, I I loved BBAndroid and the form factor of the Priv, I hated how slow it was, that I couldn't guarantee it would charge when I plugged it in overnight, that the Wifi on mine wouldn't work at a time when I was on a very limited data plan, that bluetooth headphones didn't work for mine etc.

The fact that all of that works great for my Key2 is so important to me, and also I still get BBAndroid and in my opinion a great keyboard.
    Sorry Mr.Spork but your anecdote cannot be considered fact because it doesn't satisfy the requirements as set forth by this particular thread.... ;-)
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    11-08-19 02:55 PM
    In fact there have been videos and links to videos of the issues. Visual proof.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    11-08-19 03:56 PM
    In fact there have been videos and links to videos of the issues. Visual proof.
    Ok, but like Bob, I think you forgot to attach the link.

Seriously, this all started because I vaguely remembered something that was stated by someone else here on the forums around four years ago. For some reason this needed to be linked and verified. I’m not sure why. Again, we’re having a discussion. I didn’t realize I needed to cite all my sources like high school English but if that’s our new TOS, I’m on board.
    11-08-19 04:10 PM
    Ok, but like Bob, I think you forgot to attach the link.

Seriously, this all started because I vaguely remembered something that was stated by someone else here on the forums around four years ago. For some reason this needed to be linked and verified. I’m not sure why. Again, we’re having a discussion. I didn’t realize I needed to cite all my sources like high school English but if that’s our new TOS, I’m on board.
    Please get over it Chucky! We have Provided umpteen proof that several thousand members can acknowledge! There are 1000's of posts in the Mega Thread in support, there is an admission of the issue by a Mr. Ambassador, there is confirmation emails from BBMo, there is a top level developer from BBL who has furnished fixes via updates and there are many Videos online, including CrackBerry Kevin demonstrating the issue! Your initial statement brought zero support, no Imperial data and no verification of any kind! Let's hop off the high horse of Victim Syndrome and get back to sensical discourse! Chucky, let's pull it together buddy!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 11-08-19 at 09:30 PM.
    11-08-19 08:54 PM
    Please get over it Chucky! We have Provided umpteen proof that several thousand members can acknowledge! There are 1000's of posts in the Mega Thread in support, there is an admission of the issue by a Mr. Ambassador, there is confirmation emails from BBMo, there is a top level developer from BBL who has furnished fixes via updates and there are many Videos online, including CrackBerry Kevin demonstrating the issue! Your initial statement brought zero support, no Imperial data and no verification of any kind! Let's hop off the high horse of Victim Syndrome and get back to sensical discourse! Chucky, let's pull it together buddy!
    But what is the ultimate point of this thread? Are you planning a class-action lawsuit? Didn't like the phone don't buy it. Bought it but didn't like it return it. Bought it liked but had issues use the warranty process. Did I miss anything?
    11-08-19 09:50 PM
    Hahaha! Ok. We have digressed! I do find you amusing though! Cheers,
    11-08-19 10:00 PM
    Hahaha! Ok. We have digressed! I do find you amusing though! Cheers,
    Cheers my arse.
    11-08-19 10:15 PM
    My initial statement was about the PRIV and stated nothing that required proof. It was simply a personal memory recall. Why can’t anyone provide the so called links? When I ask for anything, I get nothing but words about some other thread but no actual links to anything like I was asked for. It’s not about victimizing. It’s simply asking why some think an opinion is fact because it’s stated and that should be accepted unless disproven. However, something like I stated wouldn’t be accepted the same way. I’m curious about double standard. Not because I really care about the PRIV, it’s why should one statement be held to a different standard? Why expect me to provide links and refuse to do same?
    11-08-19 10:15 PM
    My initial statement was about the PRIV and stated nothing that required proof. It was simply a personal memory recall. Why can’t anyone provide the so called links? When I ask for anything, I get nothing but words about some other thread but no actual links to anything like I was asked for. It’s not about victimizing. It’s simply asking why some think an opinion is fact because it’s stated and that should be accepted unless disproven. However, something like I stated wouldn’t be accepted the same way. I’m curious about double standard. Not because I really care about the PRIV, it’s why should one statement be held to a different standard? Why expect me to provide links and refuse to do same?
    An opinion based in nothing then? Yes, we are all allowed to speculate, however, if we state a something as fact, then backup is required. Ok, I'm good with that!
    11-08-19 10:36 PM
    Please get over it Chucky! We have Provided umpteen proof that several thousand members can acknowledge!
    There's no way you can prove this so I won't even ask, but a several thousand post thread does not equal several thousand individual users who have reported this issue. The "mega thread" is mostly the same 5-10 people discussing this issue amongst themselves, hence the high thread count. If you broke down the mega thread by posts from "The Mighty Five" vs individual members reporting the issue, you'll see it's greatly skewed in one direction. Crusader and I came to an agreement back in the day, but what's the point of this thread? It's just a continuation of the arguing that eventually got the original thread shut down at one point. This thread is a lose-lose for everyone involved.
    anon(10622733) likes this.
    11-08-19 10:59 PM
    There's no way you can prove this so I won't even ask, but a several thousand post thread does not equal several thousand individual users who have reported this issue. The "mega thread" is mostly the same 5-10 people discussing this issue amongst themselves, hence the high thread count. If you broke down the mega thread by posts from "The Mighty Five" vs individual members reporting the issue, you'll see it's greatly skewed in one direction. Crusader and I came to an agreement back in the day, but what's the point of this thread? It's just a continuation of the arguing that eventually got the original thread shut down at one point. This thread is a lose-lose for everyone involved.
    You forgot to say Cheers LOL.
    11-08-19 11:03 PM
258 ... 7891011