I guess the unexpected exit of Bryan Palma today also would not raise any warning flags?!?
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-04-19 06:34 PM
    I guess the unexpected exit of Bryan Palma today also would not raise ny warning flags?!?
    I have absolutely no idea. Could be anywhere between a tragedy and a godsend.
    11-04-19 06:36 PM
    I guess the unexpected exit of Bryan Palma today also would not raise any warning flags?!?
    Why would you ask if warning flags would be raised? Everything is in tip top shape at BlackBerry Ltd.

Bob
    anon(10387168) and elfabio80 like this.
    11-04-19 06:40 PM
    Remember the last earnings report, with UEM revenues down and discussion of lack of sales execution. Regardless, it has nothing to do with mobile hardware.
    11-04-19 06:42 PM
    What we were trying to do was lock down the scale and source of the problem.

I couldn't have cared less if all or none were affected. I have no horse in the race, or any objective other than to get to the bottom of it.

The problem was that dispassionate trouble-shooting wasn't really being asked for - only outright condemnation and outrage would do.

And btw, we still have no stats regarding screen lift. I still have an original silver KEYone from launch day still going strong. The only device I've ever had screen lift on incidentally was the Passport.
    Really? You realize a lot of people read that MEGA thread! Just sayin, if you're joking, it's only mildly amusing. Cheers,
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-04-19 07:05 PM
    Really? You realize a lot of people read that MEGA thread! Just sayin, if you're joking, it's only mildly amusing. Cheers,
    What does people count of reading thread represent?
    11-04-19 07:08 PM
    89K+ reads of the Mega Thread...

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-04-19 07:10 PM

Bob
    I’ve seen the number but was looking for intended or implied correlation. I got lost in the conversation.
    11-04-19 07:16 PM
    With the reality setting in and me accepting the fact that the KEY2 Red Edition will be my last BlackBerry device, I've started going back into the archives to give my older devices a spin.

I'm writing this post on my PRIV and man, I never realized how smooth the pkb was on this thing! When the PRIV was my daily driver, I was the vkb 99.999% of the time and very rarely slid down the pkb.

This thing is pretty sweet! I don't know how much patience I'll have for the 808 processor and 3 GB of RAM, but I'm definitely changing my stance on the PRIV's pkb. I would rate it higher than the KEY2 's and on par with the LE's (LE would be the clear winner if it was capacitive).
    Are you typing regularly with the Key2? I am dual carrying the Priv and the Key2 right now and I find the Priv keyboard to have very tiny keys compared to the Key2. Useable for sure, but inferior.
    11-04-19 08:16 PM

Bob
    Does that mean unique users, or does the number increase every time someone enters the thread?

Posted via CB10
    11-04-19 08:34 PM
    Does that mean unique users, or does the number increase every time someone enters the thread?

Posted via CB10
    Unique.
    Ben xfg and anon(10387168) like this.
    11-04-19 08:40 PM
    Unique.
    nah its not unique. It also counts if someone who is not logged in or doesnt have an account also click into the thread. So in a thread that big some of the members probably have 1000+ views themselves
    11-04-19 09:18 PM
    Are you typing regularly with the Key2? I am dual carrying the Priv and the Key2 right now and I find the Priv keyboard to have very tiny keys compared to the Key2. Useable for sure, but inferior.
    KEY2 is my daily driver. IMO it's a good keyboard, but not the best. That title goes to the Passport. I never really gave the PRIV's pkb much of a chance in the 8 months that used it as my dd four years ago, so was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it was. The chin of the screen gets in the way a bit, but if the PRIV's keyboard was on a device the size of a Z10, I'd be he super stoked.
    11-04-19 09:28 PM
    Unique.
    Was not aware of that! Hmmm, very interesting as the number of views takes on a whole new dimension.
    11-04-19 09:38 PM
    Was not aware of that! Hmmm, very interesting as the number of views takes on a whole new dimension.
    nah its not unique. It also counts if someone who is not logged in or doesnt have an account also click into the thread. So in a thread that big some of the members probably have 1000+ views themselves
    ^^^
    11-04-19 09:39 PM
    I'm confused! So if I use my app which I am logged into 99% of the time and visit a thread several times, does that count as several visits or only one initial visit?
    11-04-19 09:44 PM
    I'm confused! So if I use my app which I am logged into 99% of the time and visit a thread several times, does that count as several visits or only one initial visit?
    every time it would get incremented
    11-04-19 09:44 PM
    every time it would get incremented
    Ah, ok. Got it.
    11-04-19 09:45 PM
    I’ve seen the number but was looking for intended or implied correlation. I got lost in the conversation.
    I too was once lost but now am found! Famous book! You should check it out!
    robnhl likes this.
    11-04-19 09:54 PM
    And btw, we still have no stats regarding screen lift. I still have an original silver KEYone from launch day still going strong. The only device I've ever had screen lift on incidentally was the Passport.
    Oh come on. You know damn well that every single silver KEYone that was assembled before July 10th, 2017 has had or will have its screen lift at some point.

Those who didn't by now... have probably been sitting in their box the whole time.

The adhesive was defective from the get-go.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-04-19 10:36 PM
    Oh come on. You know damn well that every single silver KEYone that was assembled before July 10th, 2017 has had or will have its screen lift at some point.

Those who didn't by now... have probably been sitting in their box the whole time.

The adhesive was defective from the get-go.
    My original silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ from launch day begs to differ. It is still used in my household as a primary device. Never used a case either.

I'm in no way suggesting it wasn't a significant issue though.
    Last edited by conite; 11-04-19 at 11:15 PM.
    11-04-19 11:04 PM
    My original silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ from launch day begs to differ. It is still used in my household as a primary device. Never used a case either.

Weren't you using your Keyone with tapes?
    the_boon likes this.
    11-05-19 12:17 AM
    Weren't you using your Keyone with tapes?
    Not me.
    11-05-19 12:18 AM

Like your Silver KEY2 that has a perfectly firm spacebar, I guess you got one of "the good ones".
    11-05-19 07:13 AM
    Like your Silver KEY2 that has a perfectly firm spacebar, I guess you got one of "the good ones".
    Quite right. That's why I don't put too much faith in anecdotal evidence - or skewed evidence on a fansite that offers support.
    11-05-19 07:23 AM
258 ... 56789 ...