Are you saying that with GBoard installed on a K2 predicted word swipe up on the physical keyboard is flawless?
    Of course not. Swiping while typing won't work with anything other than BB Keyboard.
    Using Gboard or SwiftKey on a KEY2 will LE-fy the typing experience.
    10-31-19 08:57 AM
    Are you saying that with GBoard installed on a K2 predicted word swipe up on the physical keyboard is flawless?
    Same again. As far as Gboard predictions go, it's been the best at sending up the most accurate.
    10-31-19 08:57 AM
    What does that mean?
    10-31-19 08:58 AM
    Of course not. Swiping while typing won't work with anything other than BB Keyboard.
    Using Gboard or SwiftKey on a KEY2 will LE-fy the typing experience.
    Needs a bit of editing for clarity; not everyone knows how the PKB utilizes swiping predictions.
    10-31-19 09:02 AM
    What does that mean?
    Elfabio80 asked the same question already.
    10-31-19 09:03 AM
    Elfabio80 asked the same question already.
    If I am reading correctly, Elfabio80 did not ask the same question.

I was specifically talking about the predicted word swipe up experience and when you mentioned that you experienced no such issue with GBoard it made me wonder if having GBoard installed solve the issue of failed predicted word swipe up gesture.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-31-19 09:07 AM
    If I am reading correctly, Elfabio80 did not ask the same question.

I was specifically talking about the predicted word swipe up experience and when you mentioned that you experienced no such issue with GBoard it made me wonder if having GBoard installed solve the issue of failed predicted word swipe up gesture.
    Yes, and my reply was almost the same thought you have. I was thinking software, hadn't thought about whether having Gboard actually installed would have any effect. I don't think it would, but I don't know that anyone would be using Gboard (or any software keyboard) if they have a KEY series.
    10-31-19 09:42 AM
    Wait, GBoard supports word swipe-up to auto complete?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-19 09:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope. He's asking if having Gboard installed fixes the glitch.
    10-31-19 09:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Nope but @Thud Hardsmack made me think it had an affect on the performance of the predicted word swipe up gesture using the physical keyboard
    10-31-19 10:01 AM
    Let's keep the calling out of other members for any habits they may or may not have to an absolute nothing, thanks.
    bberrist likes this.
    10-31-19 11:23 PM
    The KEY² capacitive keyboard functions well within acceptable tolerances for my use-case. There is no other keyboard I would rather be using - including any BBOS keyboard or BB10 keyboard.
    Sigewif likes this.
    10-31-19 11:24 PM
    Just here to say I missed you guys
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-31-19 11:54 PM
    Closed for maintenance.
    11-01-19 12:19 AM
    Thread reopened. Keep comments and posts civil and within guidelines. If you feel you need to argue how someone uses their device or how they post, stop. Don't post. Close your browser and/or put your phone down.
    bberrist likes this.
    11-01-19 12:26 AM
    When my wife let's me play with her Key2 it's like heaven!
    11-01-19 12:38 AM
    The KEY² capacitive keyboard functions well within acceptable tolerances for my use-case. There is no other keyboard I would rather be using - including any BBOS keyboard or BB10 keyboard.
    You used the Priv before. Do you remember having swipe up issues on that one?
    11-01-19 08:13 AM
    I disliked the keyboard so much on the Priv that I rarely used it.
    11-01-19 08:27 AM
    Despite the numerous faults of the PRIV, the PKB was solid. Having spent 3 years using my PRIV I didn't suffer from the swiping of predicted words issue like I have, and continue to experience, on my KEY2.

As some here love to boast/claim, that the KEY2 PKB is tolerable, if they aren't typing and swiping predicted words then that claim has no merit.

The PKB on the KEY2 is flawed/defective with the swiping of predicted words feature and that is indisputable, as it has been acknowledged by TCL/BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support.

Bob
    anon(10387168) and the_boon like this.
    11-01-19 08:36 AM
    Despite the numerous faults of the PRIV, the PKB was solid. Having spent 3 years using my PRIV I didn't suffer from the swiping of predicted words issue like I have, and continue to experience, on my KEY2.

As some here love to boast/claim, that the KEY2 PKB is tolerable, if they aren't typing and swiping predicted words then that claim has no merit.

The PKB on the KEY2 is flawed/defective with the swiping of predicted words feature and that is indisputable, as it has been acknowledged by TCL/BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support.

Bob
    Evaluating a keyboard is like giving a score of 1 to 10 on each of 10 features, and then adding up the total.

You may give the swipe gesture a 3 out of 10, and I may give it a 7 out of 10. But there are still 9 other features to evaluate.

On a total score, I find the KEY² keyboard stands heads above anything else.
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    11-01-19 09:20 AM
    Evaluating a keyboard is like giving a score of 1 to 10 on each of 10 features, and then adding up the total.

You may give the swipe gesture a 3 out of 10, and I may give it a 7 out of 10. But there are still 9 other features to evaluate.

On a total score, I find the KEY² keyboard stands heads above anything else.

Bottom line this is the problem with PKB's in general.... even those that claim to be PKB lovers aren't happy with what there is. I keep hearing that the Passport or the Classic or the 9900 were perfect... yet even back then there were complaints as well.

I think for the swipe feature BB10 was better able to be "developed" to function best with that. Keyboard on it's own, might have been the 9900...

But size is now the big issues... KEY's might be the perfect balance, but they are more two handed devices than the 9900 was.
    11-01-19 09:33 AM

Bob
    I found the pkb on my PRIV too mushy and shallow and found that the chin of the phone kept interfering with my swipe gestures.

The KEYone and KEY2 flick gestures for word suggestions is pretty meh. I find that I have to find just the right amount of pressure and flick distance to get it to work right. A flick to long or too hard will result in me triggering one of the android home row buttons. Swipe left to delete is the only gesture I use on the KEY phones and it is awesome.

For me, the Passport was the perfect keyboard. Gestures worked great, key travel was perfect, I even loved the virtual number/character pad due to the three-row keyboard. What I would give to have that keyboard on an Android device!
    Wrec and the_boon like this.
    11-01-19 11:38 AM
    I acknowledge and admit the PRIV had a number of issues... my point was specifically related to the swiping of predicted words on the PRIV keyboard in comparison to the KEY2.

The PRIV was, and still is, flawless. The KEY2 has been flawed/defective since launch.

Bob
    anon(10387168) and the_boon like this.
    11-01-19 11:45 AM
    I don't think that's the argument here.

Many people, myself included, simply believe that the KEY² keyboard, despite its faults, still has a better overall typing experience than any other modern device.
    I love my KEY2 keyboard. It is a pleasure to type on. I am really spoiled with this keyboard. It is responsive and easy to type on. The KEYone PKB was a bit stiff but the KEY2 keyboard is not at all stiff, and yet it is not mushy either.
    I don't swipe up, It is so much easier for me to simply tap the predicted word that comes up. It is quicker as well. One feature I use often if I write more than a couple of words and want to delete what I wrote, is to highlight what I want to delete and then hit the backspace key.
    11-01-19 11:47 AM
    I acknowledge and admit the PRIV had a number of issues... my point was specifically related to the swiping of predicted words on the PRIV keyboard in comparison to the KEY2.

The PRIV was, and still is, flawless. The KEY2 has been flawed/defective since launch.

Bob
    I get that.

But as much as you would refer to the inconsistency in swipe recognition as a flaw on the KEY², I would refer to the unpleasant mushiness of the Priv keyboard as a flaw.
    11-01-19 11:50 AM
258 1234 ...