You know folks? I was just reminiscing about May/June 2018 when I first saw a leaked rendition of the K2 on my K1. It was Passport like styling with way better specs than the K1 SE I was viewing it on. I was so excited to get my hands on the newest beautifully designed BlackBerry devise. I ordered my K2 SE from Wal-Mart online and could hardly wait the 3 days that delivery took. Once I got it in hand I felt instant Joy! Then - SmokeAir posted about a problem that I had noticed for a while, I jumped on the thread (2nd post) and now we are here! I feel truly sad and somewhat betrayed by Shadowberry! When I think of what could have been! Well, rant over! RIP BlackBerry... When all was possible...-img_20180717_1423270.jpeg
    Last edited by Crusader03; 10-30-19 at 12:47 PM.
    Smokeaire, Tsepz_GP and TheBond like this.
    10-29-19 10:09 PM
    Drama....Queen. Lol
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    10-29-19 11:54 PM
    Still love my KEY². Wouldn't exchange it for any device in the world.

I'm a two-thumbed typer who types so fast that there is no value-add from swiping up. The only gesture I use is swipe-back to delete.
    10-29-19 11:58 PM
    Hahaha, responses from the usual cast of characters is as expected! Carry on gents!
    10-30-19 12:00 PM
    Hahaha, responses from the usual cast of characters is as expected! Carry on gents!
    It is that some people learned to write properly....you still didn't, did you? D
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-30-19 12:34 PM
    i honestly never used the swipe up on any of the devices. Never helped me type any faster than I already did which is plenty fast.
    10-30-19 04:39 PM
    i honestly never used the swipe up on any of the devices. Never helped me type any faster than I already did which is plenty fast.
    It isn't necessarily all about typing fast in my opinion... for those of us that have been accustomed to using the feature of typing and swiping predicted words on our previous BlackBerry devices as a matter convenience, is it wrong for us to expect the same flawless experience on our KEY2s?

Unfortunately that is not the case as the PKB on the KEY2 has been flawed since launch with regard to typing and swiping of predicted words... acknowledged and confirmed by TCL/Blackberry Mobile but unfortunately never resolved.

Bob
    10-30-19 05:47 PM
    swipe up works well for long words iif you know when they'll appear...
    10-30-19 05:49 PM
    swipe up works well for long words iif you know when they'll appear...
    Huh?
    10-30-19 06:01 PM
    One may not swipe up to autocomplete several times per sentence, one may only need to do it once every 5-10 sentences.

But when you do really want to swipe up to autocomplete a long word, it's nice when the hardware just works.

On my red KEY2 built early April of this year, I cannot honestly say that swiping up works every single time.

Swiping back is fine though.
    anon(10387168) and Bob80220 like this.
    10-30-19 07:10 PM
    So, because some folks don't use a certain feature of a product, then said product gets a pass? Where on God's Green Earth is this even remotely acceptable?!? Oh, wait, maybe in the land of BBMo and Associated Organizations?!? The Capacitive PKB is flawed, period! Whether one uses it or not is irrelevant!
    10-30-19 07:13 PM
    So, because some folks don't use a certain feature of a product, then said product gets a pass? Where on God's Green Earth is this even remotely acceptable?!? Oh, wait, maybe in the land of BBMo and Associated Organizations?!? The Capacitive PKB is flawed, period! Whether one uses it or not is irrelevant!
    I don't think that's the argument here.

Many people, myself included, simply believe that the KEY² keyboard, despite its faults, still has a better overall typing experience than any other modern device.
    Sigewif, danielstefan35 and Jamaa like this.
    10-30-19 07:21 PM
    With some folks on CrackBerry it's déjà vu all over again...

Bob
    10-30-19 07:25 PM
    Many people, myself included, simply believe that the KEY² keyboard, despite its faults, still has a better overall typing experience than any other modern device.
    I guess those "many people" weren't enough to make this device a success.
    10-30-19 07:53 PM
    I guess those "many people" weren't enough to make this device a success.
    That extends to keyboard devices in general, yes.
    Trouveur likes this.
    10-30-19 07:56 PM
    With some folks on CrackBerry it's déjà vu all over again...

Bob
    Truth to Power Brother! Truth to Power!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 10-30-19 at 08:37 PM.
    10-30-19 08:00 PM
    Huh?
    For example if I type the word "unnecessary" after typing "unn" the swipe option appears which I use instead of troubling to type the full word.
    10-30-19 10:35 PM
    For example if I type the word "unnecessary" after typing "unn" the swipe option appears which I use instead of troubling to type the full word.
    Oh no doubt though often times it just doesn't work. That is, you swipe up but the predicted word is not inserted into the context box.
    the_boon and anon(10387168) like this.
    10-30-19 10:38 PM
    Oh no doubt though often times it just doesn't work. That is, you swipe up but the predicted word is not inserted into the context box.
    I've never had this issue with Gboard, maybe BlackBerry could switch to that for future devices. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    10-31-19 01:02 AM
    I've never had this issue with Gboard, maybe BlackBerry could switch to that for future devices. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So can you use the Gboard associated with the physical keyboard? And if yes....howany languages can you use at the same time?
    10-31-19 01:11 AM
    So can you use the Gboard associated with the physical keyboard? And if yes....howany languages can you use at the same time?
    No idea. I was referring more to the software core base being used, if they aren't using it already.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-31-19 01:25 AM
    That extends to keyboard devices in general, yes.
    Well, maybe it's just BlackBerry's that left a bad taste in people.

You think that a PKB device has to have the BB logo on the back for it to have a chance of selling well?
    10-31-19 06:33 AM
    Well, maybe it's just BlackBerry's that left a bad taste in people.

You think that a PKB device has to have the BB logo on the back for it to have a chance of selling well?
    Hard to say. But BlackBerry-branded devices have been the only serious product on the market for many years.
    10-31-19 06:38 AM
    More importantly, how many people actually use the features? With me for instance, something I don’t use isn’t broken, it’s just a waste of money. I’d love a Key2 LE price but with Key2 specs. Do I care about Capacitive PKB with it’s problems ? Nope. The problems themselves become subjective. Cause? Effect? Measurements of such? Tolerance level?

I’ve heard others compare the performance to Classic, Passport and PRIV which is totally irrelevant. The better supposed QC didn’t lead to increased sales or profitability. It didn’t keep BB from exiting mobile hardware. It’s probably the biggest reason that VZW chose to carry the Key2 LE recently.
    10-31-19 06:46 AM
    Are you saying that with GBoard installed on a K2 predicted word swipe up on the physical keyboard is flawless?
    10-31-19 08:48 AM
258 123 ...