Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi everyone, someone with my same problem?

When I send a voice message via Whatsapp the sound is very low (It happened after I updated my phone to the latest version (ABI067) ). My friend says it's very weak also with phone volume at max. And when I hear the message from my key2 I can barely hear my voice.

All the permissions are granted for Whatsapp.

All volumes are up.

Problem not occurring on the Dictaphone voice recording app(my voice is so clear when I recorded it via Dictaphone).

WhatsApp voice calls work fine. But voice messages have ultra-low volume.

I uninstalled WhatsApp, reinstalled, no change.

I also did the 32 sec reboot and the problem persited.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware of software issue.

Any solution? Thx
    10-28-18 06:34 PM
    There is at least one thread here addressing this issue, scroll down the list. Some say the issue has been fixed with the latest update but it clearly does not seem to be the case. I had the same issue with ALL videocall apps and had to switch phones because of that. We’re still stuck wondering if it’s a defective mic or a fixable software issue (and if so, whether we will get a fix for that). BBMo support France wasn’t able to help me. A poster kindly offered to test both his KEY2 and LE, we should hear from him soon. Still interested in this issue since I’m considering getting a LE.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 10-29-18 at 02:34 AM.
    10-29-18 12:39 AM
    This doesnt happen all the time. Only 50% of my voicenotes have this issue. The other 50% are clear. Weird. It only happened after I update my phone software and the Whatsapp app. I didnt have this issue before the updates
    10-29-18 07:12 AM
    However the ABI067 update fixed the video call mic issue, the problem switched to voicenotes. Anyone having the same issue?
    10-29-18 07:31 AM
    Have you tried using the mic at the top of the phone? For voice notes it wouldn't be a big issue if top mic works but for Voice and Video calls, the speaker mode is more than needed.
    10-29-18 06:42 PM

When I send a voice message via Whatsapp the sound is very low (It happened after I updated my phone to the latest version (ABI067) ). My friend says it's very weak also with phone volume at max. And when I hear the message from my key2 I can barely hear my voice.

All volumes are up.

Problem not occurring on the Dictaphone voice recording app(my voice is so clear when I recorded it via Dictaphone).

Any solution? Thx
    04-01-19 06:51 AM

All volumes are up.

Any solution? Thx
    Any over the internet calls, like whatsapp, viber, IP, and alike are not really working properly because the microphone is too weak and the other party does not hear you well unless you speak directly to the mic. More than that, during the regular phone calls the microphone is also rather weak. I have tested it and my old samsung has a better mic. than this phone.
    This is a second Key2 I am returning. The first one ( silver ) I bought when it just came out and the second one ( two sim card addition ) March. 2019. I read all the blogs about this issue, I have contact blackberry support and they have recognized this issue and said they are working on it and that the software update should resolve it. Well, they did the update and it did improve it, but it is did not fix it and the issue is still very bad especially for this price it simply does not worth it to struggle with this issue. The keyboard is nice but it does not justify not being able to make phone calls. And No it does not depend on the phone, if you haven't noticed it in your key2 it only means that you haven't been paing attention on the performance of the mic., try testing it on various distances and you will see the mic is very weak. And no, it is not about noise cancelation because other phones also have noise cancelation. It is a software hardware combination of some sort. Too bad., i tried to like this phone two times.
    04-01-19 06:54 AM