Looks like the new System Update has widely improved it. It's usable for sure but not optimum however voice messages do not playback on the Speaker. You have to use the ear piece.

I have tested this on Duo and Telegram and everything else is working fine there.

EDIT: A restart fixed the Voice notes for me. All good.
    @Laramie50 Feeling reassured yet ?
    11-03-18 03:55 PM
    This is a shot in the dark as I don't use whatsapp. However I had a similar issue using the fongo calling app. People could hardly hear me. There was a mic gain control in the app settings and I had to put it to max. Does whatapp have a mic gain in the settings?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-18 05:39 PM
    I got my new key2 a couple of days back, faced the same issue, talked to the customer support, their developers seem to be working on this issue... though normal calls work just fine for me, just the bottom microphone not working with Whatsapp, Duo or Messenger...
    11-12-18 05:20 PM
    I got my new key2 a couple of days back, faced the same issue, talked to the customer support, their developers seem to be working on this issue... though normal calls work just fine for me, just the bottom microphone not working with Whatsapp, Duo or Messenger...
    Try enabling the "Phone" permission for each of these apps and see if that helps a bit in the meantime
    11-13-18 07:36 AM
    What build is your phone on? The latest does help a lot and you can finally use it with video calling.

The best result I got was on Hangouts but Whatsapp and Duo were passable too. My build is ABI067
    11-13-18 01:43 PM
    Hi, Same build as yours, ABI067.
    I didnt try Hangouts but Whatsapp and Duo volume still pretty low, you can use it if the other side is okay with low volumes but I would want it not to be a such a struggle to do a decent video calls I guess. I will try Hangouts, thanks for the reply.
    11-13-18 01:49 PM
    Hi,
    Update: I did try Hangouts, seems to be working decently! So weird, but thanks a lot!
    11-13-18 02:07 PM
    Hi,
    Update: I did try Hangouts, seems to be working decently! So weird, but thanks a lot!
    No worries. I use Hangouts for work, so that was crucial for meetings and I was told that it was working fine.

And yes you're right, Whatsapp still aren't optimum (if you look at my previous replies) with the latest build, but they're way better than before, hence passable.
    11-13-18 07:44 PM
    I'm having this same issue, glad someone is on it with whatsapp
    11-14-18 09:16 PM
    Only top mic works for both audio only and video calls on WA. ABI067 build. Not great but at least it kinda works
    12-05-18 10:09 AM
    And looks like this issue is back with a vengeance with the December patch. Is there anyone from BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile here that can comment on this? This may become a deal breaker for me. I've never had a device act like this and since I travel a fair bit for work, video chat with the kids is important.
    12-30-18 07:27 PM
    @LiamQ any thought on this (above post)? It's become a big disappointment and I'm starting to wonder if Dtek app has something to do with it when microphone is accessed.
    johnb_xp likes this.
    12-30-18 07:32 PM
112 ... 345