Hi guys, I got the black 128gb key2 last week as a present for myself and so far so good. Keyboard is good, reception exceptional, battery as expected.
    Everything works but WhatsApp calls. When I call my girlfriend on her WhatsApp on a video call (speakers on my side and hers) I can hear her really good but she can barely hear me. When I call her by voice call always when I speak I cannot hear her, but she does not have the problem... she has an iPhone.
    Anyone else encountered this bug?
    Thanks
    07-11-18 04:15 AM
    So on WA calls, she can't hear you and on regular phone calls, you can't hear her?

Doesn't sound like a hardware issue since your earpiece/speakerphone and mic seem to be working fine
    07-11-18 05:15 AM
    she can hear me good when we talk via voice chat only without a picture. however, when I read, I can't hear what she says, the sound just does not come to me. when we do video calls (my speakers are on) then she says I am very quiet, that she cannot hear me. it's weird
    07-11-18 10:55 AM
    Same problem on my side, changed the handset, changed the sim. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Same problem.
    07-19-18 04:57 PM
    i have the same problem... not using WA but simialr app. other party can barely hear me but i hear other party fine. if i call on a different phone but same app, the other party can hear me perfectly fine. it's not app issue since both are android phones. it's blackberry once again... pure android my a$$...
    gManTwo likes this.
    08-07-18 11:59 PM
    I have the same whatsapp video issue. The person on other end can barely hear me but I hear them fine.

And I don't believe it's a whatsapp issue and it works good with other devices in our house. Of course I now get the "I can't hear you. Oh right you use a BlackBerry" line.
    08-08-18 01:00 AM
    same problem here. Regular video calls at different times via Whatsapp and the problem's always there. Can barely be heard and need to keep the phone fairly close to my face, which is a tad awkward if you're making a video call...same experience using my wife's iPhone and the sound's just fine. Not the greatest experience overall as the speaker is of course average. A fix would be nice.
    08-08-18 01:55 AM
    If the other person can hear you just fine on regular phone calls, then it's a software issue.
    08-08-18 02:31 AM
    First test normal mic (mic 1) with basic phone call. Then test speaker phone mic (mic 2) on basic phone call.

After noting results, test mic 1 with whatsapp call. And then test mic 2 with whatsapp video call.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-18 01:46 PM
    I really hope it gets some kind of fix. I had to interrupt a video call on whatsapp a few minutes ago, we couldn't carry on a satisfactory conversion.
    08-10-18 04:37 PM
    Yes. I am having the exact same issue. Also on google Duo and Facebook Messenger. There is something with the key2 where it doesn't activate the microphone on speakerphone mode.
    When I speak directly into the top microphone (little hole to right of headphone jack) the other end no longer hears me softly and instead hears me perfectly.

The mic is behaving in a non speakerphone mode so they can't hear properly. It isn't app specific. It's the phone.

I've also found that if I get the other end to go into a quiet room where they have no ambient noise then they can hear me better.

Also If I use a headset then there is no issue at all.

I suggest everyone contact blackberry mobile to report the issue to them so they prioritize this as an urgent fix.
    abhi15 likes this.
    08-10-18 05:25 PM
    Is this universal with ALL K2's?
    I do use WA video quite a bit.
    08-10-18 06:21 PM
    Is this universal with ALL K2's?
    I do use WA video quite a bit.
    It's been reported by many here (in another thread I believe too). It can be fairly annoying depending on how often we use this tool. My daughter is spending the year abroad and we video call quite a bit. Had to switch to my computer for her to hear me correctly. Annoying and a little embarrassing. I do think as well that as many of us as possible should report the issue to BlackBerry support. I just did.

Now my question is why does the mike work fine with OK Google for instance? In all logic, in some situations when I've used it , I should not have been heard clearly.
    Last edited by Laramie50; 08-12-18 at 02:20 AM.
    08-11-18 03:52 AM
    Any solution found for this problem?
    08-12-18 05:06 PM
    Any solution found for this problem?
    @LiamQ, any thoughts on this? It is a real issue with any video chat app it seems.
    08-13-18 09:25 AM
    I almost wonder if this has anything to do with DTEK app? Any time I'm on video chat, a notification comes up that Microphone has been accessed. Maybe DTEK is interferring somehow.
    08-13-18 09:26 AM
    How could we contact Blackbberry support for create a request to this issue?
    08-13-18 09:29 AM
    How could we contact Blackbberry support for create a request to this issue?
    I emailed BlackBerry Support. Waiting for an answer. But we should all do it.
    JWW likes this.
    08-13-18 01:33 PM
    Hi guys just got my key2 today. I use video calls extensively for work and to my loved ones. I do use WhatsApp but it's mainly for messaging, I mainly use LINE for the video calling and experienced the same problem as you guys, hopefully it is a software problem.
    08-13-18 03:35 PM
    I emailed BlackBerry Support. Waiting for an answer. But we should all do it.
    Which email address did you use? Just so we all send to same place.
    08-13-18 04:37 PM
    Use the Support Center app that's in the app drawer >feedback and/or https://blackberrymobile.com/contact-us/

I reported the issue to both addresses. BlackBerry Mobile might more appropriate. Let's hope it's a software issue and that it may be fixed through an update. Let them know anyway!
    Last edited by Laramie50; 08-14-18 at 03:46 AM.
    08-13-18 04:51 PM
    Hi guys just got my key2 today. I use video calls extensively for work and to my loved ones. I do use WhatsApp but it's mainly for messaging, I mainly use LINE for the video calling and experienced the same problem as you guys, hopefully it is a software problem.
    I'd bet it is software, since the mic works just fine on regular calls, and the selfie cam works fine. Something's just off when an app like WhatsApp is using both at the same time
    08-14-18 02:18 AM
    I just got a response asking me to attempt to blow on the Mic lol. I have a feeling this issue won't be fixed anytime soon if ever.
    08-14-18 10:17 AM
    I just got a response asking me to attempt to blow on the Mic lol. I have a feeling this issue won't be fixed anytime soon if ever.
    Lol what a reply, reminds me of my younger days playing the PlayStation 1, having to blow into the cartridge constantly.
    08-14-18 01:54 PM
    Update on this. I replied explaining it's not an issue with the mic and that it works fine of regular calls. I got a response saying "whatsapp is a third party app and the issue is with them". I now replied again telling them its not an issue with whatsapp as it works fine on all other devices. I don't think this will ever get fixed and if it does, it will be by a coincidence with an update. I really think it's a software/dtek issue myself but they clearly won't look into it given their responses.
    08-15-18 10:23 AM
112 123 ...