Could someone with the tech knowledge explains why key2 just can't seem to take decent photos? Is it a hardware issue? If not, why won't they fix it through software update already?

I am talking about auto mode, none of that manual adjustment stuff, because I would like to think that the majority of us would rather double tap the power button to take shots right away, with as little fidgeting as possible.

I think the Key2 is just a good camera away from convincing me to use it as a daily driver....
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-08-18 10:31 PM
    Could someone with the tech knowledge explains why key2 just can't seem to take decent photos? Is it a hardware issue? If not, why won't they fix it through software update already?

I am talking about auto mode, none of that manual adjustment stuff, because I would like to think that the majority of us would rather double tap the power button to take shots right away, with as little fidgeting as possible.

I think the Key2 is just a good camera away from convincing me to use it as a daily driver....
    We've had 2 camera software updates already.
    08-08-18 10:36 PM
    We've had 2 camera software updates already.
    Has it helped? I'm asking honestly. I really need to get a new phone and was almost certain I was going to get the KEY2 but I don't know what to expect from the camera and it's kept me on the fence.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-18 10:49 PM
    Has it helped? I'm asking honestly. I really need to get a new phone and was almost certain I was going to get the KEY2 but I don't know what to expect from the camera and it's kept me on the fence.

Posted via CB10
    Haven't tested it myself, but some claim to have seen improvement.
    08-08-18 10:50 PM
    Haven't tested it myself, but some claim to have seen improvement.
    Still garbage, I just took some pictures & updated my thread here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-come-1152346/
    08-09-18 12:30 AM
    Still garbage, I just took some pictures & updated my thread
    You're on ABE181 ?
    08-09-18 12:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Decide for yourself. I updated my thread. First shot was on old camera software. Just posted 2 new pictures with the newest software update for camera app.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-come-1152346/
    08-09-18 12:32 AM
    You're on ABE181 ?
    Nope, I wanted to be clear on my updated post. So I wrote down I was using ABC432. Using a Silver Canadian Key2, haven't got that newer version yet. Let's hope it brings improvrments. It will be beneficial for everybody.
    08-09-18 12:33 AM
    Nope, I wanted to be clear on my updated post. So I wrote down I was using ABC432. Using a Silver Canadian Key2, haven't got that newer version yet. Let's hope it brings improvrments. It will be beneficial for everybody.
    I agree.

BTW, don't misunderstand me - I am not opposed to continuous improvements to the camera software, as I strongly believe it's the weakest link in the chain.

I just don't characterize the camera as "garbage". But nor is it a priority for me and my use case.
    eckl and Vistaus like this.
    08-09-18 12:36 AM
    so let me get this straight,
    I am currently on ABC432
    you guys mean there will be an update firmware soon for the camera?
    08-09-18 12:53 AM
    I am currently on ABC432
    You have the Jul patch. The Aug patch has another update.
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-09-18 08:35 AM
    I am currently on ABC432
    You got the July update, there was Aug update released for HK variant of key2 with camera update as well. Still no people post the picture result after the latest update.
    08-09-18 08:37 AM
    I am currently on ABC432
    You got the July update, there was Aug update released for HK variant of key2 with camera update as well. Still no people post the picture result after the latest update.
    08-09-18 08:37 AM
    Taking great photos for me
    chrispmoto and Vistaus like this.
    08-09-18 09:01 AM
    Taking great photos for me
    That's the thing, one person's garbage is another's treasure. It's clear it's not the best camera at this point, but that doesn't mean many might not find it more than adequate for their needs.

The Z10 had terrible battery life, but many loved it and found it useful.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    08-09-18 09:09 AM
    Got it. Thanks for the 411.
    Hopefully we can get the Aug update soon
    08-09-18 09:12 AM
    You're on ABE181 ?
    How do I check what version am I in?
    08-09-18 09:43 AM
    has it occurred to you that sophisticated image-processing might be a hard problem and TCL doesn't have software engineer skilled enough to pull it off?
    08-09-18 10:20 AM
    has it occurred to you that sophisticated image-processing might be a hard problem and TCL doesn't have software engineer skilled enough to pull it off?
    I doubt they do it themselves. I had heard a rumour they were using ArcSoft.
    08-09-18 10:24 AM
    How do I check what version am I in?
    Settings, about.

Although it's only available in Hong Kong atm.
    08-09-18 10:24 AM
    I doubt they do it themselves. I had heard a rumour they were using ArcSoft.
    You're making my point. Surely Apple and Google have their own in-house stuff
    08-09-18 10:33 AM
    You're making my point. Surely Apple and Google have their own in-house stuff
    Well, they do have the boatloads of cash...
    ppeters914 and Vistaus like this.
    08-09-18 10:35 AM
    Just wait for the CrackBerry Kevin Camera compare video to prove you wrong. LOL.

Seriously though, I'm holding back on buying until the camera improves. Else, I'll just wait for KEY3 or deeply discounted KEY2.
    08-10-18 01:33 PM
    I really want a good camera. Almost to the point of considering a different brand just for the camera, but don't want to miss out on my favourite little BlackBerry features!

I am anxiously waiting to see how the updates help out the camera.
    Last edited by chrispmoto; 08-11-18 at 08:52 PM.
    08-10-18 09:45 PM
    My camera is perfect no issues at all takes great photos all the time.
    08-10-18 11:38 PM
70 123