all the while i thought that small pin hole on top left of my key2 beside the earphone jack is the mic, but today while doing voice recording, i hold my key2 upright only to notice the playback volume soooo low.

after tinkering around, the mic seems to be on the lower left grill holes (right is the speaker)

so whats that pin hole on top?
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    08-28-19 07:21 AM
    It's a secondary Mic, for recording in stereo.
    08-28-19 07:38 AM
    It's a secondary Mic, for recording in stereo.
    in that case... mine might be problematic :-(
    08-28-19 08:08 AM
    just don't do what others have done and jam a pin in there thinking it opens a sim tray or memory card slot!
    hamilgs likes this.
    08-28-19 02:43 PM
    just don't do what others have done and jam a pin in there thinking it opens a sim tray or memory card slot!
    How can one make that mistake when there is clearly no SIM tray up there!
    08-29-19 09:24 AM
    How can one make that mistake when there is clearly no SIM tray up there!
    That's the rule of the internet... if you can think it, someone has tried it...
    the_boon likes this.
    08-29-19 10:11 AM
    all the while i thought that small pin hole on top left of my key2 beside the earphone jack is the mic, but today while doing voice recording, i hold my key2 upright only to notice the playback volume soooo low.

after tinkering around, the mic seems to be on the lower left grill holes (right is the speaker)

so whats that pin hole on top?
    Many of us have gone into the audio settings and switched off stereo into mono because we only have one no speakers. Go back into those settings and deliberately switch to stereo audio then check your microphone by doing another recording.
    08-29-19 01:22 PM
    Many of us have gone into the audio settings and switched off stereo into mono because we only have one no speakers. Go back into those settings and deliberately switch to stereo audio then check your microphone by doing another recording.
    makes sense... i might had disabled it way way before... but, can u tell me where in settings the stereo/mono recording is? all i found is the "combine channels when playing audio" under the accessibility, which is currently disabled
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    08-29-19 01:28 PM
    makes sense... i might had disabled it way way before... but, can u tell me where in settings the stereo/mono recording is? all i found is the "combine channels when playing audio" under the accessibility, which is currently disabled
    That unfortunately is the only one.
    Test and see.
    To test the stereo you will have to play it back on the stereo device.
    08-31-19 04:43 PM