Hello everyone. It's been several weeks since I've been active in the forums, so sorry about that. I don't been to be redundant because I know there are already several threads about the KEY2's unsatisfactory camera performance. I've been using an iPhone X for the past month or so. Communication has always been a high priority for me, and iMessage is a great communication tool. Overall I prefer android so I am excited for RCS implementation in the near future.

Without getting too off topic, how's the camera? Has there been any software updates recently? I'm assuming the latest security patch available is September, so any improvements there? Let's hear it; it's only been 1 month and I'm already getting CrackBerry withdrawals, lol.
    09-27-18 08:05 PM
    Hello everyone. It's been several weeks since I've been active in the forums, so sorry about that. I don't been to be redundant because I know there are already several threads about the KEY2's unsatisfactory camera performance. I've been using an iPhone X for the past month or so. Communication has always been a high priority for me, and iMessage is a great communication tool. Overall I prefer android so I am excited for RCS implementation in the near future.

Without getting too off topic, how's the camera? Has there been any software updates recently? I'm assuming the latest security patch available is September, so any improvements there? Let's hear it; it's only been 1 month and I'm already getting CrackBerry withdrawals, lol.
    Uh, you can still post from an iOS device ..... glad you’re back though....
    09-27-18 08:32 PM
    Well they can try to make some updates to the software but lots of the processing in cameras nowadays are hardware... so you need a really quick CPU. Look at the Pixel and the iPhone XS
    09-27-18 09:50 PM
    Well they can try to make some updates to the software but lots of the processing in cameras nowadays are hardware... so you need a really quick CPU. Look at the Pixel and the iPhone XS
    Sure, but the 660 is faster than the 821 in the Pixel, and also has the same (but a bit newer) Qualcomm Spectra image sensor processor, and Qualcomm Clear Sight.
    09-27-18 10:16 PM
    Uh, you can still post from an iOS device ..... glad you’re back though....
    You’re not wrong!
    09-27-18 10:18 PM

Small incremental updates with steady, but not miraculous, improvement.
    the brother likes this.
    09-27-18 10:19 PM
    Sure, but the 660 is faster than the 821 in the Pixel, and also has the same (but a bit newer) Qualcomm Spectra image sensor processor, and Qualcomm Clear Sight.
    I think he refers to pixel 3 not pixel one.
    09-27-18 10:24 PM
    Bummer!
    09-27-18 10:26 PM
    I think he refers to pixel 3 not pixel one.
    Well, the 660 is 90% the speed of the mighty 835, so CPU is not the issue.

Its software that is the key - and the big boys have a well-paid-for edge.
    Last edited by conite; 09-29-18 at 12:46 AM.
    09-27-18 10:42 PM
    Welcome back!

I noticed a slight improvement in the last update. I captured few pics before and after it, both the same scenes to compare. It got slightly better, there is little more details, zoomed pictures are not that blurred as they used to be. But still it's rather unsatisfying. Low light video is total trash.

That's however the only disadvantage with this phone IMO.
    09-28-18 06:30 AM
    Well, the 660 is 90% the speed of the mighty 835, so CPU is not the issue.

It's software that is the key - and the big boys have a well-paid-for edge.
    I don’t know enough about CPU. How’s your 90% speed measured?
    09-28-18 07:03 PM
    Welcome back!

I noticed a slight improvement in the last update. I captured few pics before and after it, both the same scenes to compare. It got slightly better, there is little more details, zoomed pictures are not that blurred as they used to be. But still it's rather unsatisfying. Low light video is total trash.

That's however the only disadvantage with this phone IMO.
    Video was my biggest disappointment, even in good lighting situations. It looked like it was shot on an old flip phone camera.
    09-28-18 08:39 PM
    Hey, not even a, "can't believe you consider an iPhone X to be a direct substitute for a BlackBerry" chirp? Lol! Seen that one in here from time to time.
    conite likes this.
    09-28-18 08:41 PM
    Hey, not even a, "can't believe you consider an iPhone X to be a direct substitute for a BlackBerry" chirp? Lol! Seen that one in here from time to time.
    That's because there IS no substitute for a BlackBerry. Ha ha...
    09-28-18 09:07 PM
    That's because there IS no substitute for a BlackBerry. Ha ha...
    You’re not wrong! iOS does have some great features though.
    09-28-18 09:11 PM
    You’re not wrong! iOS does have some great features though.
    For sure. All kidding aside if BlackBerry (and BlackBerry apps) were to finally crash and burn once and for all I'm about 99% certain that is where I will end up as well. But for now...as long as BlackBerry is still around...here I am.
    09-28-18 09:20 PM
    For sure. All kidding aside if BlackBerry (and BlackBerry apps) were to finally crash and burn once and for all I'm about 99% certain that is where I will end up as well. But for now...as long as BlackBerry is still around...here I am.
    Wouldn’t another Android device be a more consistent transition in that case?
    09-28-18 09:59 PM
    I don’t know enough about CPU. How’s your 90% speed measured?
    Geekbench - multi-core index.
    the brother likes this.
    09-29-18 12:45 AM
    It's not. https://www.androidcentral.com/snapdragon-660
    09-29-18 01:31 AM
    Multi-core benchmark. It absolutely is, and by quite a margin.
    the brother likes this.
    09-29-18 05:18 AM
    Wouldn’t another Android device be a more consistent transition in that case?
    It would be. But the common thread for me on Android is BlackBerry. If that were to disappear, and I were to reassess the OS and hardware for both options on their own terms - I don't believe what is left on Android, including the various hardware and software configurations offered by the Android OEM's, would be compelling enough for me to want to stay with it.
    09-29-18 07:08 AM
    Multi-core benchmark. It absolutely is, and by quite a margin.
    So it's better for playing games and worse at all of the things people buy blackberries for...
    09-29-18 03:35 PM
    So it's better for playing games and worse at all of the things people buy blackberries for...
    The Geekbench multi-core score is the one benchmark that removes the GPU from the equation, and the only one I find useful when one isn't interested in gaming.

The CPU in the 660 is 30% faster than the 821, and only 10% slower than the 835.
    nucks26 likes this.
    09-29-18 03:41 PM