Im looking to upgrade from a Key 1 to a Key 2.

Telus mobile tells me they have none available in their national warehouse,

staples and other retailers dont have it any more

and I searched high and low on the Blackberry Canada website and they dont show the KEy2, just the LE version.

I dont want the LE.

Whats going on, are they discontinued

I was very very close to going with a Pixel 3 XL with the telus Rep, but he said those were sold out too. But now Im thinking I will like the Key 2 better.

any thoughts appreciated.
    12-14-18 07:49 PM
    Did you try Rogers and Bell?
    12-14-18 07:53 PM
    I've noticed this too. It seems like the supply of K2 is getting limited, and perhaps more resources are being directed to the K2LE.
    12-14-18 08:06 PM
    Im looking to upgrade from a Key 1 to a Key 2.

Telus mobile tells me they have none available in their national warehouse,

staples and other retailers dont have it any more

and I searched high and low on the Blackberry Canada website and they dont show the KEy2, just the LE version.

I dont want the LE.

Whats going on, are they discontinued

I was very very close to going with a Pixel 3 XL with the telus Rep, but he said those were sold out too. But now Im thinking I will like the Key 2 better.

any thoughts appreciated.
    Amazon has a bunch in stock. And they still have the KEY2 on the BB Mobile website but the LE is highlighted most likely because it’s their latest product.
    12-14-18 08:30 PM
    Im would like to stay with Telus, since they are offering me renew the contract.

they are offering me a free key 2. or a pixel 3 xl for $30
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-14-18 08:34 PM
    Be aware that pixel3 has calling issues. My son has one on bell and one on Telus and they both mess up calls. Phone just cuts in and out. Of course he returned the one and they say it's fine. I have seen some reports that others are having issues too and Google is not saying anything

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    12-15-18 06:32 PM
    Im would like to stay with Telus, since they are offering me renew the contract.

they are offering me a free key 2. or a pixel 3 xl for $30
    Well, clearly they're not offering you a KEY2 if they don't have any as you stated.
    12-15-18 11:44 PM
    Can you buy from Rogers without a Rogers plan? Might be an option...
    12-16-18 03:21 AM
    Try to order though the Telus website (or My Telus I think). I got a Key2 mid November, paid $350 so I could keep my existing plan. Had the phone in 3 days. I know I'm on a contract again, but it was cheaper to pay $350 for a current device vs. the cheapest Key 1 I could find for $440. I'll be keeping the Key2 for two years anyway. I love the phone so much, only caveat was I wanted silver but they were only offering the black, I do like it a lot still though.
    12-16-18 05:46 AM
    I bought the KEY2 at Bell, was not in stock close to home so went to another smaller Bell store 1 mile further and got it. Paid full price because I want to keep control on my options, among phone provider contracts. I am slowly transitioning from the Passport.
    12-16-18 07:03 AM
    They are indeed offering me a Key 2. the problem is, there apparently are NON in telus warehouse stock across Canada. They tell me to "wait", or take e a Pixel 3.

my only other option They told me, is to call around to Telus authorized dealers in my area to see if any have a Key 2 in physical stock, which I am going to do on Monday.

The thrust of my original post, is, why aren't they readily available? Why are they so hard to find?

Thought they would have many of these stockpiled to due slow interest.

Well, clearly they're not offering you a KEY2 if they don't have any as you stated.
    12-16-18 03:02 PM
    was able to find one at a local telus reseller

I'm happy again
    12-18-18 06:43 PM
    Hey I don't know where you're at I called ahead to telus they told me they had some at their Mayfair store went there on Sunday.. Just Key 2LE I walked out of there after being a customer for almost 20yrs.

I was on a tight timeline to catch a ferry home and needed a replacement for my PRIV.. Telus would only offer me 3GB data as a loyalty bonus and 75 a month, if I wanted to run a tablet on cell data they wanted a second line for another 75..

Went to the Bell store, they piggyback on Telus towers.. Got a Key2 from them with 5GB data for same price, I actually got a discount for being a business unlike Telus. I added on a Tab E on a second line for 10 bucks and a warranty /replacement plan, + another 2GB= 7GB for 100 a month.
    12-20-18 09:24 AM