Hello Community

I wonder what people here are doing with their key2? Is it that many of you just have it in order to use a phone that Sticks out of the design that nowadays Every phone has or do you really *need* a PKB device and what are you doing with it in day by day Life?
    Kind regards chris
    08-16-18 09:56 AM
    Hello Community

I wonder what people here are doing with their key2? Is it that many of you just have it in order to use a phone that Sticks out of the design that nowadays Every phone has or do you really *need* a PKB device and what are you doing with it in day by day Life?
    Kind regards chris
    I chose it because it just feels right. I've gone through tons of phones. None of them have really felt right like my Palm Centro and Palm Pixi and BlackBerry Passport. So decided to go back to pkb and so glad I did.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-16-18 09:56 PM
    just love the feel of a PKB under my fingers. Always have. Not a business man or bent on being as productive as possible; I don't even use it for work email.
    The KEY² is a one of a kind device and I love that.
    mailmonster and the_boon like this.
    08-17-18 12:19 AM
    Productivity + ease of use are the highlights. Fast Lil bugger too.
    08-17-18 01:17 AM
    No other current device feels as good to hold and use. No case needed, for the ultimate satisfaction. The feel of the back case grip with the aluminum designed frames, with that bit of heft,along with the premium feel of the keyboard, nothing compares. Along with the personal customisation features, no other device can be as appreciated. is it weird of me to stop every now and then and think of how i love it?
    mailmonster and Laramie50 like this.
    08-17-18 01:38 AM
    I have an iPhone X too, but I've always loved BlackBerry. I enjoy learning and using android, and I love the device itself. I have t-mobile Digits for free, so I don't pay for an extra number, but when anyone calls me, my iPhone and key2 both ring. unnecessary, sure, but I like having different experiences
    08-17-18 02:01 AM
    Same as I do on any other phone.

Call
    SMS
    Mail
    Messenger
    Social Media
    Web browsing
    Music & Radio
    Apps

What I dont do on a phone:
    Gaming
    Movies

What the physical keyboard adds to the table is comfort.
    A coventional slab phone is usually held in one hand while using your other index finger for input, while with a physical keyboard you can hold it snugly in both hands using your thumbs instead.
    A way better, more enjoyable and intuitive experience imo.
    the_boon and Bucky2016 like this.
    08-17-18 03:06 AM
    Another PKB lover here too. my Pixel 2 XL is great but there something about this phone that just makes it more interesting to use. I love the speed key and how fast I can flick between apps. I love the fact that my typing has improved massively over glass keyboards and now I'd say I'm faster at typing.
    the_boon and JOHNGAETANO like this.
    08-17-18 04:06 AM
    Upgraded from BB Classic to the Key2. Wonderful device. Lightening fast for me. What do I use for? I am consolidating off of a number of devices to the Key2. Various ipad and the Classic.

- Podcasts via PocketCasts
    - Twitter via Talon
    - Mail via Hub and Tutanota app
    - Audio Recorder
    - Music via Poweramp.
    - Audio books via Audibooks and Audible.
    - For my writing works: WriterP and Oxford English Dictionary
    - Remember the Milk for tasks
    - Evernote for nearly everything.
    08-17-18 05:43 AM
    I have the X mainly for taking photos and watching movies. If only key2 has better camera I probably sell my X right away. Hopefully key3 will have this features:

- Better Camera
    - Dual Speakers
    - On-Screen back/home buttons

there is something in me that really love the BlackBerry brand, hopefully BlackBerry will be a big name again soon.
    08-17-18 06:57 AM
    I am getting a Key2 and will use it as my mobile device/PDA -- as a phone, for email, calendar, contacts, etc. , primarily when I am out of the office, on the road, etc.

In using my current device -- a Priv -- while I certainly go on the internet, read emails, and the like -- for me, when using the internet, sending lengthy emails, reading articles, posting here, etc., I primarily use my laptop/tablet.
    08-17-18 07:53 PM
    Same as I do on any other phone.

Call
    SMS
    Mail
    Messenger
    Social Media
    Web browsing
    Music & Radio
    Apps

What I dont do on a phone:
    Gaming
    Movies

What the physical keyboard adds to the table is comfort.
    A coventional slab phone is usually held in one hand while using your other index finger for input, while with a physical keyboard you can hold it snugly in both hands using your thumbs instead.
    A way better, more enjoyable and intuitive experience imo.
    What? Lots people use thumbs to type on a virtual keyboard. It’s much faster. It’s actually faster than on a physical keyboard.
    Last edited by bobshine; 08-17-18 at 10:58 PM.
    08-17-18 08:41 PM
    I use it because it's built extremely well and is different from all other phones out there. Looks sleek and also fun to type on a pkb again (although I am much slower on it)
    08-17-18 09:11 PM
    I need a PKB for medical reasons. My hands and fingers don't work so well sometimes. I just find it easier to "feel" the actual keys, the "resistance" and me pushing them. I've been doing it so long, that often I can tell if my finger is on the wrong key, and they I have to feel the key to move to right key. I've tried the virtual KB, and it just doesn't work as well for me.

I guess when PKB's are finally extinct, I'll have no choice. Either I'll eventually get used to it and be OK, or I'll just be slower and less efficient, effective, etc.
    Kraeutermann likes this.
    08-17-18 09:51 PM
    What? Lots people use thumbs to type on a virtual keyboard. It’s much faster. It’s actually faster than on a physical keyboard.
    Thats not my experience at all. Some may sure, but a slab offers nowhere near as robust of an experience as physical keys.
    And lets be honest here, its not about speed. Saving a few seconds during a mail is irrelevant.

Its about the comfort gained by having a physical and touch resistant keyboard.
    It prevents erroneous input like you wouldnt believe. With a PKB, you can even rest your thumbs on the keyboard without having it go "lks,opx,.sxeekikeiedkoiosoldk,derthg".

Anchor your hands around it and you are unstoppable, even during a shaky cab or plane ride. And thats not the case with a software keyboard.
    Tech Idiot and the_boon like this.
    08-18-18 08:07 AM
    Me, I just prefer a physical keyboard
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-18-18 09:08 AM
    Previous BB user for 10 years... switched to Nexus then LG and now giving BB another shot.

Main factors that made me come back:

• shortcuts... must for multitasking
    • missed the red notification
    • love for pkb
    • support the underdog... pkb + BB!!
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-18-18 10:04 AM
    Thats not my experience at all. Some may sure, but a slab offers nowhere near as robust of an experience as physical keys.
    And lets be honest here, its not about speed. Saving a few seconds during a mail is irrelevant.

Its about the comfort gained by having a physical and touch resistant keyboard.
    It prevents erroneous input like you wouldnt believe. With a PKB, you can even rest your thumbs on the keyboard without having it go "lks,opx,.sxeekikeiedkoiosoldk,derthg".

Anchor your hands around it and you are unstoppable, even during a shaky cab or plane ride. And thats not the case with a software keyboard.
    Everyone it preferences! I always used VKB, from the Storm, to the Z10, Z30 and now the iPhone 6S. I « briefly » used a 9900 (2 years). It was good, but it was a pain to view webpages always having to constant scroll (cause of the smaller screen and the constant presence of the keyboard)

And I hated the clicking noise! Especially if I have to answer a client during a meeting!
    08-18-18 06:48 PM