The degrees to which it wobbles left and right varies from device to device - but EVERY Key 2 I’ve played with in stores (15+) and EACH of the now 6 that I’ve had have had this issue. This is one of the quietest ones - not the firmest or quietest of the bunch, but it has the most consistently quiet actual clicking sound when pressed.

Last edited by markusbeutel; 07-20-18 at 08:52 PM.
    07-20-18 08:39 PM
    The degrees to which it wobbles left and right varies from device to device - but EVERY Key 2 I’ve played with in stores (15+) and EACH of the now 6 that I’ve had have had this issue. This is one of the quietest ones - not the firmest or quietest of the bunch, but it has the most consistently quiet actual clicking sound when pressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=o-ISkNl95Kk
    Thanks for doing that. Ironically my replacement silver Sounds just like that. My black original does not. In your opinion is that a defect that warrants a return. I was going to try to live with it but it’s definitely bugging me. I prefer the silver but I’ll probably stick with black rather than go deep down the rabbit whole of returns.
    07-20-18 08:55 PM
    Thanks for doing that. Ironically my replacement silver Sounds just like that. My black original does not. In your opinion is that a defect that warrants a return. I was going to try to live with it but it’s definitely bugging me. I prefer the silver but I’ll probably stick with black rather than go deep down the rabbit whole of returns.
    Edit so you have found that they ALL do this ? My black is quiet but the key moves all over the place. Do we even think this is a big deal? Is it return worthy?
    07-20-18 08:56 PM
    Edit so you have found that they ALL do this ? My black is quiet but the key moves all over the place. Do we even think this is a big deal? Is it return worthy?
    The one silver model I had was the quietest, and it also had the latest build date. But it had the worst click discrepancies, where the right side and middle were super loud, and the left side was a dull thud sound, which was more annoying than the wobbliness of every single black model I've had.

I guess it depends if this bugs you or not. I'm resigned to using the one I have now as the actual click is pretty consistent across the left/middle/right. It's only annoying on this one when I use the fingerprint sensor, as that's when it's super obvious.

I think this is just how the Key2 is designed for whatever reason. It's the main reason I returned 5 (with no issues on the return - Rogers verified it as an inconsistency worthy of return when I demoed the problem in store).
    07-20-18 09:04 PM
    I don’t think Best Buy or the retail equation will be as forgiving on the returns. I only notice the clack when I use the scanner. The click is when I release my finger. My black definitely does not make that sound. Tough call.
    07-20-18 09:19 PM
    my black makes that noise. I think I'm just going to keep it though
    07-20-18 09:25 PM
    Maybe someone can open up a K2 and take a look at what's under the spacebar key!
    07-20-18 09:31 PM
    Well if the op is right about the sample size of over 20 this seems like it just is what it is. Design flaw or maybe not. I’m not sure I would have noticed the slight clack but for this forum.
    07-20-18 09:33 PM
    Seems like the spacebar is akin to a BB curve spacebar and the rest of the kb is like a passport se
    07-21-18 01:18 AM
    I think for key three they just need to make the space bar slightly smaller to avoid this
    07-21-18 03:15 AM
    all I see is people returning key2 for this issue. I don't think it's an issue it's just how the space is bar is built. if you want to see a key3, get used to it and don't be picky, all these returns lower the possibility of a key3. I've been using mine for a month annd it's getting better, just wobbly a bit but in general it's perfectly fine
    the_boon likes this.
    07-21-18 03:44 AM
    all I see is people returning key2 for this issue. I don't think it's an issue it's just how the space is bar is built. if you want to see a key3, get used to it and don't be picky, all these returns lower the possibility of a key3. I've been using mine for a month annd it's getting better, just wobbly a bit but in general it's perfectly fine
    Wouldn't mind that happening - then BB could license the brand to someone else that doesn't use bargain basement parts.
    07-21-18 04:02 AM
    Mine also has a different click then the rest of the keys. Would have liked if the keys were as consistent as on the Classic (or PP).

In real life it does not bother me much - gonna have a look at some Key2s when they hit german stores.

As an early adaptor what would bother me the most is that if ive had waited i get a better device.

To all without Key2: space Bar is NO reason not to get the device - just my 2 cents
    07-21-18 04:56 AM
    I think they all sound like that. But that doesn't necessarily make the space bar wobbly. Mine's firmly in place but does make that clicky sound. Now whether that sound is bearable is highly subjective.
    07-21-18 07:00 AM
    My space bar is fine and the click sounds from all the keys are barely audible, even the space bar. Absolutely no complaints about the physical build.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-21-18 07:43 AM
    The space bar definitely makes an audible 'click', very subtle IMO at least on all the K2's I've seen, whereas all the other keys on the K2's greatly improved PKB are essentially silent. Perhaps it is more noticeable on so called "loose" space bar phones.

My advice is to replace the phone if the space bar is annoyingly loose or wobbly. On every K2 I have seen it was tight, but as I've said before - I must either have extremely good luck or perhaps not as obsessive about this issue as some.

You are going to have a 'clickier' space bar no matter which K2 you get - perhaps some more so than others. That is something that comes part and parcel with the design of this phone, so if you have that much of a problem with it, go back to a K1 and ALL your keys will click in unison.
    07-21-18 07:47 AM
    I think they all sound like that. But that doesn't necessarily make the space bar wobbly. Mine's firmly in place but does make that clicky sound. Now whether that sound is bearable is highly subjective.
    I'm not actually pressing the keys in the video though, just tapping them. It makes that sound because it's not as firmly seated as the other keys.

If yours makes that sound just by tapping and not pressing, and your other keys don't, yours is also not as firmly in place.
    07-21-18 07:49 AM
    My space bar is fine and the click sounds from all the keys are barely audible, even the space bar. Absolutely no complaints about the physical build.
    I'd have to see a video to believe that as I've seen 20+ Key 2s now and every single one responds like in the video to some degree.
    07-21-18 07:54 AM
    Too bad you can't believe people have better phones than you. It does happen. I've have complained about the keyboard software issues, never about the build on my Key².
    07-21-18 08:11 AM
    I'd have to see a video to believe that as I've seen 20+ Key 2s now and every single one responds like in the video to some degree.
    I can confirm that unicorns do exist. I have a black one that does not make that sound. However the black one has a space bar with a lot more play up and down and side to side. That why I was wondering if it's a tradeoff of sorts. My silver with the clicking sound while not being actually depressed does not wobble much to the touch, seems to work fine and certainly does not feel like it will fall off. Not to go off topic too far but the keys on the black feel different to me. Softer almost.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    07-21-18 08:13 AM
    What if people with the "wobbly" spacebar were to press it down super hard. Would that set it properly into place?
    07-21-18 09:44 AM
    Maybe the K2 lite will have a less wobbly and quieter space bar. ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    07-21-18 10:10 AM
    What if people with the "wobbly" spacebar were to press it down super hard. Would that set it properly into place?
    Nope. Trust me, I've tried. Lol
    07-21-18 10:10 AM
    I don't think the wobbly is such a big deal now that I've used it for a while along with a previous device that was tight.

Also it's not a problem to hear the click being louder than the rest of the keys. It's the same as the K1.

What bothers me is the loudness of clacky sound that the OP demonstrates. Having said that I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    07-21-18 01:09 PM
    I don't think the wobbly is such a big deal now that I've used it for a while along with a previous device that was tight.

Also it's not a problem to hear the click being louder than the rest of the keys. It's the same as the K1.

What bothers me is the loudness of clacky sound that the OP demonstrates. Having said that I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    The clacky sound is annoying because when I type fast, and my fingers are clammy for instance, after I push the spacebar, it gets pulled up a little bit from the friction due to their looseness and I intermittently hear the clacky sound filtering throughout my texting.

It takes me out of the moment and I revert from thinking about what I'm texting, to what a huge piece of **** this spacebar is.

I am getting used to it though - just can't be playing around with my passport or priv as that reminds me what a spacebar should feel and sound like.
    07-21-18 04:33 PM
40 12