So now that AT&T and Verizon and T-Mobile are doing away with the 3-g antenna Supply will there be any functionality for the key to or anything else for that matter or is this just simply a words to cause everybody to buy a lot of phones?
    07-29-20 10:49 AM
    So now that AT&T and Verizon and T-Mobile are doing away with the 3-g antenna Supply will there be any functionality for the key to or anything else for that matter or is this just simply a words to cause everybody to buy a lot of phones?
    The KEYone, Motion, Key2 and Key2 LE all have VoLTE capabilities. If your carrier supports your current device with the VoLTE access then you should be okay. If your VoLTE support is blocked then you’ll probably need a replacement device
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-29-20 11:29 AM
    For AT&T, their list of devices they will support after 2022 includes their own branded KEYone and Priv. But, that's it for BB phones.

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf
    07-29-20 01:56 PM
    I wonder if roaming customers using the AT&T network will be allowed to make calls?

I believe my carrier in Canada has a roaming agreement with them and if I purchase a KEY 2, will I be able to make calls if I travel down there?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-20 02:28 PM
    I wonder if roaming customers using the AT&T network will be allowed to make calls?

I believe my carrier in Canada has a roaming agreement with them and if I purchase a KEY 2, will I be able to make calls if I travel down there?

Posted via CB10
    I am with freedom mobile up here. We also use at and t so i also hope so
    07-29-20 02:33 PM
    I am with freedom mobile up here. We also use at and t so i also hope so

Freedom client myself. I love travel to the US and my plan includes USA roaming and my next device will probably be a Key 2.

I would like to think if I purchased a KEY 2 that I would have a few years of runway for my fairly limited needs. I would hate to think that basic calls wouldn't work on a 2018 device if I was traveling to the US.

On another note, have you found any information on when Freedom may be looking at shutting down their 3G network? I guess before I start worrying about my US roaming I should be more concerned about my day to day provider!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-29-20 02:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    I really think the whole question surrounding non-carrier purchased devices and roaming phones will be revisited many times between now and then. I wouldn't worry too much yet.
    07-29-20 03:31 PM
    It has been confirmed with T-Mobile that unlocked VoLTE devices will continue to work properly on their network.
    07-30-20 02:08 AM
    Freedom client myself. I love travel to the US and my plan includes USA roaming and my next device will probably be a Key 2.

I would like to think if I purchased a KEY 2 that I would have a few years of runway for my fairly limited needs. I would hate to think that basic calls wouldn't work on a 2018 device if I was traveling to the US.

On another note, have you found any information on when Freedom may be looking at shutting down their 3G network? I guess before I start worrying about my US roaming I should be more concerned about my day to day provider!

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Freedom sent out a message earlier in the year offering a free sim card upgrade to use the upgraded system speeds. I just bought my k2 this month. It was time to replace my 5 year old passport.
    07-30-20 05:01 AM
    The BlackBerry Passport was a great device.
    rarsen likes this.
    07-30-20 08:21 AM
    It has been confirmed with T-Mobile that unlocked VoLTE devices will continue to work properly on their network.
    That was never in question. The question was: will devices that don't work with VoLTE on T-Mobile be supported next year? And the answer is clearly "no."
    07-30-20 10:48 AM
    The message was posted for everyone to know since some people were not sure about this.

Also, it is still not certain that non-VoLTE compatible phones will get kicked off the T-Mobile network in January.

It has been suggested in the recent T-Mobile document released.

Apparently, that is still up in the air for now according to the article and after talking to tech support members at T-Mobile.

We'll see what happens later this year.
    07-30-20 11:31 AM
    Again, it's not that non-VoLTE phones will be kicked off the network, they just won't have phone call functionality.
    07-30-20 04:18 PM
    Again, it's not that non-VoLTE phones will be kicked off the network, they just won't have phone call functionality.
    Like the Key2 on VZW at introduction. Ah the memories
    07-30-20 04:27 PM
    That may not be the case with T-Mobile.
    07-30-20 04:28 PM
    That may not be the case with T-Mobile.
    We've said that nobody is certain but even T-Mobile is desperate to sell phones and the merger puts them on the spot to adopt some of the competition models to legally take advantage of the situation.

The shareholders want results and the former Sprint customers are easy picking.
    07-30-20 04:32 PM