I like the K1 but would prefer a larger phone. What size will K2 be?

Any other phone suggestions?
    05-02-18 11:23 PM

People was it smaller, wider, thicker and thinner. More bezel and less bezel. Rounded top and same squarish top. Faster with still astounding battery life. More astounding battery life. Unfortunately few will get exactly what they want.
    Sigewif and Bbnivende like this.
    05-02-18 11:59 PM

Recent leaks interpretations point to an almost identical size to the KEYone.
    05-03-18 12:20 AM

Many find the KEYone to be relatively large because of previous BlackBerry devices. I personally think the size is just right where it still feels comfortable in one hand.
    Chris_R, Sigewif and LyoobaBerry like this.
    05-03-18 12:30 AM
    I heard they plan for 2018, do create also a passport 2, will see.. I am still debating between my lg V30 and my keyone, keyone functionality, but the weight and screen of lg v30 are amazing.. agree with you
    05-03-18 04:51 AM
    I heard they plan for 2018, do create also a passport 2, will see.. I am still debating between my lg V30 and my keyone, keyone functionality, but the weight and screen of lg v30 are amazing.. agree with you
    You heard wrong.

The KEY² is as close as you'll ever get.
    quizm and LyoobaBerry like this.
    05-03-18 05:13 AM
    that's a shame.. thanks for the input.
    05-03-18 06:11 AM
    You heard wrong.

I think the keyone is a good standard size. That said, I still consider my old SE passport to be the best. I would like a k2 + that is a bit taller and wider than the k1. Blackberry please build on successes. Don't mimick others. Cut your own trail where it seems to lead somewhere. Almost all those with a passport think it was unique. Develop that into a workable option.
    05-03-18 02:26 PM
    I think the keyone is a good standard size. That said, I still consider my old SE passport to be the best. I would like a k2 + that is a bit taller and wider than the k1. Blackberry please build on successes. Don't mimick others. Cut your own trail where it seems to lead somewhere. Almost all those with a passport think it was unique. Develop that into a workable option.
    First, Blackberry has nothing to do with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It's a TCL device and it's their first BlackBerry-branded device.

Second, by what measure would you consider the Passport a success?
    citystars41 likes this.
    05-03-18 02:29 PM
    I understand BlackBerry gave TCL the keyone to produce. Maybe I am wrong but certainly it has all BlackBerry DNA that needs BlackBerry Support.

By what measure was the passport a success? This is a good question and obviously the answer is subjective. We know the decision to go android killed the passport concept in its tracks so it couldn't develop. So success in sales was killed from that moment so difficult to assess. In concept and in practice for me the passport form is still a standard for my work. No better phone for messaging/ reading. Success? Oddly I have still seen more passports in stores here in Europe than any other BlackBerry branded phone -including the keyone. it's a phone that suffered from os change, at least in my view.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-03-18 02:49 PM
    I understand BlackBerry gave TCL the keyone to produce. Maybe I am wrong but certainly it has all BlackBerry DNA that needs BlackBerry Support.

By what measure was the passport a success? This is a good question and obviously the answer is subjective. We know the decision to go android killed the passport concept in its tracks so it couldn't develop. So success in sales was killed from that moment so difficult to assess. In concept and in practice for me the passport form is still a standard for my work. No better phone for messaging/ reading. Success? Oddly I have still seen more passports in stores here in Europe than any other BlackBerry branded phone -including the keyone. it's a phone that suffered from os change, at least in my view.
    Phone sales had dropped off to near zero by the time BlackBerry Android came along, and the only reason it was produced in the first place was because they had already negotiated and committed to the parts in 2013.

BlackBerry's only contribution to TCL's BlackBerry Mobile is strictly as a vendor of the software.
    05-03-18 02:55 PM
    You may know better than me. But I understood the KEYone was in fact designed by BlackBerry Ltd. BlackBerry had decided to give up phones. certainly BlackBerry passed also use of its patents on hardware. I won't say more on the passport, as it's all speculative now, and subjective. I still believe it's unique enough to sell well if the software OS supports it. It was not given that chance.
    05-03-18 03:27 PM
    You heard wrong.

Just gonna stick this in my pocket, for later.
    05-03-18 08:27 PM
    Just gonna stick this in my pocket, for later.
    There should be a statute of limitation though.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-03-18 08:53 PM
    There should be a statute of limitation though.
    It's the interwebz, ergo forever.
    05-03-18 08:56 PM
    Many find the KEYone to be relatively large because of previous BlackBerry devices. I personally think the size is just right where it still feels comfortable in one hand.
    I don't think tcl or BlackBerry have ever made a device that didn't feel great in the hand.. Well...the passport took some getting use to, but even the q5 as budget as that device was ..it felt incredible in the hand
    05-03-18 09:45 PM
    I don't think tcl or BlackBerry have ever made a device that didn't feel great in the hand.. Well...the passport took some getting use to, but even the q5 as budget as that device was ..it felt incredible in the hand
    Just keep that hand out of my pocket.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-03-18 10:09 PM
    Facts
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-03-18 10:17 PM
    First, Blackberry has nothing to do with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. It's a TCL device and it's their first BlackBerry-branded device.

Second, by what measure would you consider the Passport a success?
    If "success" is the right word, how about user satisfaction. The damned thing is old, heavy and increasingly nonfunctional and still many of us would prefer to use it over anything else.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    05-04-18 09:22 AM
    If "success" is the right word, how about user satisfaction. The damned thing is old, heavy and increasingly nonfunctional and still many of us would prefer to use it over anything else.
    Even there, I wouldn't say user satisfaction was great. Most people aren't users of the original device since there was something or multiple things leading to purchase of different phone. Simply not enough people chose to be users to be viable either.
    05-04-18 09:37 AM
    Where did you hear that?
    05-04-18 10:04 AM
    Also, I thought a Passport 2 wasn't possible because Android doesn't support 1:1? I mean: they could get away with a different resolution but I don't think it's fair to call it a PP2 then because one of the highlights of the original PP is the 1:1 resolution...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    05-05-18 11:52 AM
    I wonder what is the second device...
    05-05-18 12:11 PM
    BlackBerry's only contribution to TCL's BlackBerry Mobile is strictly as a vendor of the software.
    When TCL got the licensing deal from BB ltd, did they also get access to all the patents and concept devices, blueprints etc?

Or is BB ltd simply sitting on those?
    05-07-18 12:13 PM
    When TCL got the licensing deal from BB ltd, did they also get access to all the patents and concept devices, blueprints etc?

Or is BB ltd simply sitting on those?
    They don't own the design patents, but they are permitted to use them as required.

And yes, they got whatever BlackBerry had for the Mercury up to that point.
    05-07-18 12:28 PM
67 123