If "success" is the right word, how about user satisfaction. The damned thing is old, heavy and increasingly nonfunctional and still many of us would prefer to use it over anything else.
    For me it was the PKB of the Passport, not the size or shape, that inspired me to leave Android and go back to BlackBerry.
    After the KEYᵒⁿᵉ was released it was back to Android but with a PKB. It was is all about the PKB.
    Now unless the K2 offers a significant advantage and improvement over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ I will stick with my K1. I'm not a sucker for diminishing returns when it comes to my wallet, which the content of diminishes enough as it is.
    05-07-18 12:33 PM
    For me it was the PKB of the Passport, not the size or shape, that inspired me to leave Android and go back to BlackBerry.
    After the KEYᵒⁿᵉ was released it was back to Android but with a PKB. It was is all about the PKB.
    Now unless the K2 offers a significant advantage and improvement over the KEYᵒⁿᵉ I will stick with my K1. I'm not a sucker for diminishing returns when it comes to my wallet, which the content of diminishes enough as it is.
    the_boon and Smokeaire like this.
    05-07-18 01:05 PM
    I wonder what is the second device...
    Many do...
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    05-07-18 01:18 PM
    "I will obey. I will alway buy the newest and shiniest no matter what." "Please take my money."
    hplovecraft likes this.
    05-07-18 04:16 PM
    "I will obey. I will alway buy the newest and shiniest no matter what." "Please take my money."
    Smokeaire, hplovecraft and twopack like this.
    05-07-18 04:22 PM
    05-07-18 04:43 PM

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    05-08-18 04:42 PM
    Same goes here. Well for the pkb ones... I can kid myself but damn I will buy that device
    05-09-18 12:12 PM
    Due to hitting the FCC the size of the KEY2 is now disclosed: 151.4x71.8x8.5mm. For reference, the original KEYone is 149.3x72.5x9.4mm, so it should be pretty much the same size.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    05-21-18 04:52 PM
    Due to hitting the FCC the size of the KEY2 is now disclosed: 151.4x71.8x8.5mm. For reference, the original KEYone is 149.3x72.5x9.4mm, so it should be pretty much the same size.
    So... taller, larger and thinner?

Damn, I'd have preferred shorter, same width and thickness.

Oh well
    05-22-18 03:00 AM
    Please, BBMo, listen to the consumers who don't want to hold a chocolate bar anymore (there are a fair amount of them). Make the Luna near Q10 sized with an Android Ratio.

I would take K1s hardware with that size phone and still pay the K1 550 price. Seriously.

(Bonus points for a trackpad...

...never gonna happen)
    05-22-18 08:51 AM
    Please, BBMo, listen to the consumers who don't want to hold a chocolate bar anymore (there are a fair amount of them). Make the Luna near Q10 sized with an Android Ratio.

I would take K1s hardware with that size phone and still pay the K1 550 price. Seriously.

...never gonna happen)
    A centimeter shorter than the KEYone is about all we could expect I suppose. Very little premium compact devices these days, that means a small compact market. The PKB is an even smaller niche. So, I just don't know if we can realistically expect something close to Classic sized, let alone Q10.
    That being said, I would also pay KEYone launch price for one
    05-22-18 10:48 AM
    What consumers? Do you have the results from any properly conducted survey or poll?
    tnewton3 and Carjackd like this.
    05-22-18 11:00 AM

...never gonna happen)
    Unfortunately, at this point, market for smaller PKB devices isn’t large enough. The market for all PKB devices isn’t that big yet, if ever...
    05-22-18 03:10 PM
    If the keyboard is smaller, I am probably a no go. I have large hands, the K1 is close to being too small.
    phuoc likes this.
    05-22-18 05:04 PM
    If the keyboard is smaller, I am probably a no go. I have large hands, the K1 is close to being too small.
    Keyboard is the same width, but a bit taller.
    05-22-18 05:12 PM
    Keyboard is the same width, but a bit taller.
    Not sure what's better:

Keys that are wider than they are tall, or the other way around, or even perfect square for that matter

05-22-18 05:16 PM
    Not sure what's better:

Keys that are wider than they are tall, or the other way around, or even perfect square for that matter

I think anyone that complained that the keyboard was a bit cramped should be satisfied.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    05-22-18 05:19 PM
    https://fccid.io/2ACCJN026/Letter/De...F100-1-3856377

Whole size of EUT: 151.4x71.8x8.5mm
    KEYone is 149.3x72.5x9.4mm
    05-22-18 06:56 PM
    I am one of those hoping that it will be smaller. However I am doubtful we will ever see a smaller phone, unless they start pumping out flagships and variations of those flagships (mini, plus).

Could you imagine how badly the Android reviewers would react if somebody came out with a SMALLER device?! The scoffing and claims of going backward, living in the past, etc would be all you hear. Despite the fact that many within the BlackBerry niche want smaller devices, and the iPhone SE and Sony Xperia compact line have both done well.
    05-22-18 11:27 PM
    I am one of those hoping that it will be smaller. However I am doubtful we will ever see a smaller phone, unless they start pumping out flagships and variations of those flagships (mini, plus).

Could you imagine how badly the Android reviewers would react if somebody came out with a SMALLER device?! The scoffing and claims of going backward, living in the past, etc would be all you hear. Despite the fact that many within the BlackBerry niche want smaller devices, and the iPhone SE and Sony Xperia compact line have both done well.
    Because they are non-pkb devices. Smaller BB with pkb, the screen size gonna be only half of the phone.

The purpose of the phone is more universal than ever, and smaller phone like old BB just cannot be used for those purposes.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-23-18 03:14 AM
    Because they are non-pkb devices. Smaller BB with pkb, the screen size gonna be only half of the phone.

The purpose of the phone is more universal than ever, and smaller phone like old BB just cannot be used for those purposes.
    Why does universal mean a need for larger screens? Why is there a market for tablets and laptops still if phones are so 'universal'?

We could do everything we needed to previously on our 9900s, but we seem to forget that. Now the only reason it doesn't work isn't because of its size, but because of the lack of support. Really, it's all about our perception of needs, and right now, it is merely perceived that we need larger screens.

I keep looking back to when the iPhone was first released. People didn't like it because of what it did, they liked it because they were enthralled with its marketing, how different and simple it was, and mostly because it had a large all-touch screen. That was it. The phone was absolute garbage and couldn't do half the things a Nokia at the time could do... but look what succeeded and received support. (Hint: it's not Nokia).

It's not about usage and universality, it's about marketing and catering to the masses that soak up said marketing. We're like bugs that are attracted to the largest and brightest bug zappers.
    herr_tan likes this.
    05-23-18 11:01 AM

We could do everything we needed to previously on our 9900s, but we seem to forget that.
    Things have changed a lot in 7 years. We expect a lot more functionality from smartphones now - and much of that is contingent on being able to see it.
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-23-18 11:45 AM
    Things have changed a lot in 7 years. We expect a lot more functionality from smartphones now - and much of that is contingent on being able to see it.
    Too bad people don’t “expect” 2 or more days of battery life and are ok with spending almost a grand on fragile phones with huge displays that try to be thinner, thereby resulting in mediocre battery sizes, compared to what the display guzzles
    05-23-18 12:02 PM
    Too bad people don’t “expect” 2 or more days of battery life and are ok with spending almost a grand on fragile phones with huge displays that try to be thinner, thereby resulting in mediocre battery sizes, compared to what the display guzzles
    BlackBerry Mobile is trying to address the sturdiness, and battery life issues without compromising on the screen size as best they can. But ultimately, if a phone lasts two full days but doesn't do what you need it to, who cares?
    05-23-18 12:05 PM
67 123