I just got mine from rogers and it only has the May patch. Am I missing June? Nothing is found when I press update.
    07-10-18 05:23 PM
    Rogers is on may , no new update as of yet.

I expect a late July one or August.
    07-10-18 05:48 PM
    WI fi calling?
    07-10-18 07:02 PM
    I just got mine from rogers and it only has the May patch. Am I missing June? Nothing is found when I press update.
    I got the international unlocked Black 128GB version here in Dubai and it came with the May Patch as well and no updates available. Not surprising from TCL, they suck at updates and security patches just like they suckd with the KeyOne where we had to manually install the latest OS if we want to be on the latest security patch.
    nucks26 likes this.
    07-10-18 07:29 PM
    I got the international unlocked Black 128GB version here in Dubai and it came with the May Patch as well and no updates available. Not surprising from TCL, they suck at updates and security patches just like they suckd with the KeyOne where we had to manually install the latest OS if we want to be on the latest security patch.
    And they promote blackberry as the most secured android phone.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    07-10-18 07:41 PM
    I don't think any of them are on June yet.
    07-10-18 07:47 PM
    TCL has nothing to do with software updates. It's strictly BlackBerry and carriers.
    07-10-18 07:47 PM
    And they promote blackberry as the most secured android phone.
    There's a lot more to security than software updates. By that logic everyone would carry a Pixel.
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    07-10-18 07:48 PM
    There's a lot more to security than software updates. By that logic everyone would carry a Pixel.
    I see ur point. But if an Android vulnerability found and the patch only released few months later, I don't feel secured at all.
    07-10-18 07:55 PM
    I see ur point. But if an Android vulnerability found and the patch only released few months later, I don't feel secured at all.
    I understand. And in a perfect world everybody would get security patches at the same time (or in an apple world, lol). But you need to understand that there's many different variants in many different regions that are on many different carriers and/or factory unlocked. Therefore, all of these devices are bound by a different update schedules; it's just the reality of the situation. The more concerning part is how popular Samsung devices are despite how long it takes for them to get a security update compared to a BlackBerry device. BlackBerry Android devices are second in line to Google themselves, so in reality they're doing a very good job of managing all of these different variants. Could it be better? Sure. But they're doing very well in my opinion compared to other vendors.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    07-10-18 07:58 PM
    I didn't have a KEYone, but I recall most articles saying it kept the security patches pretty current, sometimes even before a Pixel
    07-10-18 08:21 PM
    I didn't have a KEYone, but I recall most articles saying it kept the security patches pretty current, sometimes even before a Pixel
    Nope, my previous KEYone even had a lower security patch level than my previous Huawei mate 9 pro.
    07-10-18 08:38 PM
    This article says BlackBerry ranked 3rd behind Google and Essential for providing the fastest security updates:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article...ates-to-users/
    07-10-18 08:42 PM
    It really is pitiful that the brand new K2 is not being shipped or at least immediate update to July. No excuse on BB's part.
    07-10-18 08:58 PM
    It really is pitiful that the brand new K2 is not being shipped or at least immediate update to July. No excuse on BB's part.
    Probably working on bug fixes as well.
    07-10-18 09:13 PM
    What if, they don't want to release a patch until they're sure it won't fix more things than it'll break?
    07-11-18 04:49 AM
    What if, they don't want to release a patch until they're sure it won't fix more things than it'll break?
    What if they continue to do what they did for the K1 with sporadic monthly updates?
    07-11-18 05:46 AM
    Easy to say, but since the phone is just being released, it's likely that the May update was the most current during manufacturing and packaging. The phone can't magically update itself powered off in the box even if a newer update was available.

Posted via CB10
    Mike-Mike likes this.
    07-11-18 06:24 AM
    Easy to say, but since the phone is just being released, it's likely that the May update was the most current during manufacturing and packaging. The phone can't magically update itself powered off in the box even if a newer update was available.

Posted via CB10
    Hence what I wrote "or immediate update to July". I'm aware phones can't have an OTA update when the phone is powered off. Thanks.
    07-11-18 07:09 AM
    Hence what I wrote "or immediate update to July". I'm aware phones can't have an OTA update when the phone is powered off. Thanks.
    Don’t you think carriers and the OEM will pause updates as phone is being released? There’s enough other stuff to worry about during the Key2 rollout.
    07-11-18 08:13 AM
    This article says BlackBerry ranked 3rd behind Google and Essential for providing the fastest security updates:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article...ates-to-users/
    Yup.

People understandably get caught up with a particular delay with their own device variant, but across the board, across devices, across the globe, and on average, BlackBerry Mobile is just behind Google.
    07-11-18 08:34 AM
    My pixel doesn't even have July yet...
    07-11-18 08:36 AM
    My pixel doesn't even have July yet...
    My wife's Pixel 2 has the July 5th update.
    Attached Thumbnails What security patch should my key2 be?-18205.jpg  
    07-11-18 09:11 AM
    Don’t you think carriers and the OEM will pause updates as phone is being released? There’s enough other stuff to worry about during the Key2 rollout.
    Did Google pause updates when Pixel 2 came out?

Why does my unlocked BE K1 go from a Feb to May update? Why the months of no updates? Why is it July 11th, and I am still on the May update?
    07-11-18 09:15 AM
    My wife's Pixel 2 has the July 5th update.
    Well then there you go! Even Google has different variants.
    07-11-18 09:15 AM
37 12