Understood. We just need to register our points. Still I appreciate the Hub and hope for focus on productivity.
    03-04-19 11:24 AM
    They are handcuffed to go any further than they have.
    I disagree! I still think there is incentive to some app developers to work on a Hub API that potentially can allow for in-line reply experience and maybe more.

Think Telegram: how about we build an API that can potentially give you another million users (maybe more)?

I don't know the economics of that but I do know that any app want more users so partner up to create a better experience and a win-win situation for all parties, users included.

If Telegram says they want to keep users inside their application for as long as possible (like most apps) then fine, limit in-line reply to 140 characters or something to that nature; anything beyond that has to happen in-app.

Just a thought; I think that with creativity and a can do attitude a lot can be achieved.
    @LiamQ
    03-04-19 12:17 PM
    I disagree! I still think there is incentive to some app developers to work on a Hub API that potentially can allow for in-line reply experience and maybe more.

Think Telegram: how about we build an API that can potentially give you another million users (maybe more)?

I don't know the economics of that but I do know that any app want more users so partner up to create a better experience and a win-win situation for all parties, users included.

If Telegram says they want to keep users inside their application for as long as possible (like most apps) then fine, limit in-line reply to 140 characters or something to that nature; anything beyond that has to happen in-app.

Just a thought; I think that with creativity and a can do attitude a lot can be achieved.
    @LiamQ
    What's in it for Telegram?
    03-04-19 12:21 PM
    What's in it for Telegram?
    More potential users coming from Hub to their app!

BlackBerry says to Telegram: if you work with us, the integration can lead to more users coming on to your platform; these are BlackBerry Hub users that currently do not use Telegram.

Since Hub & Telegram do not compete there is no conflict of interest and in fact, a complimentary role can be achieved.
    03-04-19 12:24 PM
    More potential users coming from Hub to their app!

BlackBerry says to Telegram: if you work with us, the integration can lead to more users coming on to your platform; these are BlackBerry Hub users that currently do not use Telegram.

Since Hub & Telegram do not compete there is no conflict of interest and in fact, a complimentary role can be achieved.
    Telegram has about 250 million active users of its app.

If the HUB user base even registered as anything more than noise at its HQ, why would they not want the status quo and let the HUB feed its app.
    03-04-19 12:28 PM
    Telegram has about 250 million active users of its app.
    Fine, look for another app that can benefit from such incentive and go for it; maybe others will follow for reasons we cannot predict at the moment; that part is called faith and it is part of business, or at least it should be.

Signal maybe? I don't know but dig deep and be positive, is all I can say.

When there is a will, there is away. It's not a cliché.
    03-04-19 12:31 PM
    Fine, look for another app that can benefit from such incentive and go for it; maybe others will follow for reasons we cannot predict at the moment; that part is called faith and it is part of business, or at least it should be.

Signal maybe? I don't know but dig deep and be positive, is all I can say.

When there is a will, there is away. It's not a cliché.
    The problem is that it's the OTHER party that has to have the will. For goodness sake, even Emtek BBM has no interest in that.
    03-04-19 12:32 PM
    For goodness sake, even Emtek BBM has no interest in that.
    I know, that's funny isn't it?

Well, that doesn't mean we have to stop trying. And that's called persistence
    03-04-19 12:35 PM
    Well, that doesn't mean we have to stop trying. And that's called persistence
    Great enthusiasm!

But I'd love to see the business case - required investment, expected payoff in terms of new subscriptions, and resulting ROI.
    03-04-19 12:40 PM
    Great enthusiasm!

But I'd love to see the business case - required investment, expected payoff in terms of new subscriptions, and resulting ROI.
    Yup I agree. There has to be a business case; I am not qualified to write one up otherwise I would out of sheer passion for seeing it happen!

Envision this:

You work with us we give you the "BlackBerry Hub Compatible" seal and if you pay X we give you the "BlackBerry Secure" seal.
    03-04-19 12:54 PM
    Yup I agree. There has to be a business case; I am not qualified to write one up otherwise I would out of sheer passion for seeing it happen!

Envision this:

You work with us we give you the "BlackBerry Hub Compatible" seal and if you pay X we give you the "BlackBerry Secure" seal.
    Answer: "My 250 million users aren't asking for that, and the 312 additional subscriptions for your HUB will just cannibalize my own app use. Oh, and my private chats are already e2e encrypted."

Substitute 1.5 billion for WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, 1 billion for WeChat, 800 million for QQ, 200-300 million for Skype, Viber and Line, and almost 100 million for Signal.
    Last edited by conite; 03-04-19 at 01:28 PM.
    03-04-19 01:03 PM
    No one mentioned Allo

Crazy how Blackberry missed out on so much not realizing they needed to change sooner. Whatsapp numbers could have been bbm's if they would have cross platformed sooner. Good old hindsight

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    03-04-19 01:52 PM
    No one mentioned Allo

Crazy how Blackberry missed out on so much not realizing they needed to change sooner. Whatsapp numbers could have been bbm's if they would have cross platformed sooner. Good old hindsight

Reg
    Allo is history in March.
    03-04-19 01:57 PM
    I feel that if you are missing messages when using the hub then you have not mastered the HUB or its features.
    There is a pane from the left that displays all the categories and unread messages.
    03-04-19 02:05 PM
    Allo is history in March.
    Yes that was why I said that. I actually use it and going to miss it. Just for immediate family.

Reg
    03-04-19 02:14 PM
    I must be misunderstanding something. I miss nothing in the Hub. For me there is no equal except perhaps for bb10 hub which is still my favorite.
    For me the samen. Could not live without.
    03-04-19 02:15 PM
    I feel that if you are missing messages when using the hub then you have not mastered the HUB or its features.
    There is a pane from the left that displays all the categories and unread messages.
    For me... last summer, there was no notifications with new messages and when you went into HUB, the messages were marked read already. Even though I had not read them yet. Was having to check each account regularly. So I decided to give Outlook a try... and liked it.

Personally, I sorta like the Android notification system and having all these messaging apps separate from my email.

I get that for BB10 users it's tough to make the transition to Android, and that some shade of the HUB is better than nothing. But the reality is BlackBerry has little control over Google or other app Developers. They do what they can... but it's Google' ball and their field, and the is no one forcing the other teams to show up and play with BlackBerry.... think they have done very well up until the SMS issue....
    RegN likes this.
    03-04-19 02:16 PM
    I still haven't found anything better than the HUB, but Nine and Aquamail are two of the best alternatives.
    They've got pretty slick interfaces for sure. But I don't think either of them supports Outlook Activesync/push email from Outlook.
    03-04-19 02:40 PM
    They've got pretty slick interfaces for sure. But I don't think either of them supports Outlook Activesync/push email from Outlook.
    I thought they both did.
    03-04-19 02:51 PM
    I think it's just timed interval sync, not push email But it's been a while since I last checked out Hub alternatives.
    I thought they both did.
    03-04-19 03:00 PM
    For me... last summer, there was no notifications with new messages and when you went into HUB, the messages were marked read already. Even though I had not read them yet. Was having to check each account regularly.
    My point exactly, made in post # 16 above.
    03-04-19 05:44 PM
    Answer: "My 250 million users aren't asking for that, and the 312 additional subscriptions for your HUB will just cannibalize my own app use. Oh, and my private chats are already e2e encrypted."

Substitute 1.5 billion for WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, 1 billion for WeChat, 800 million for QQ, 200-300 million for Skype, Viber and Line, and almost 100 million for Signal.
    Fine. I tried. Kinda used to getting all and any ideas dismissed around here...thankfully posting is free!
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    03-04-19 05:47 PM
    Fine. I tried. Kinda used to getting all and any ideas dismissed around here...thankfully posting is free!
    Don't let me stop you. If you have a plan, send it to the BoD of BlackBerry for its financial consideration. I'm probably 1/10th as hard to convince mind you - as it's not my money.

In the meantime we are just exchanging ideas on this forum.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-04-19 06:04 PM
    Don't let me stop you. If you have a plan, send it to the BoD of BlackBerry for its financial consideration.

In the meantime we are just exchanging ideas on this forum.
    I wish I had the knowledge how to write one. I would do it out of total passion!
    anon(10387168) and Greened like this.
    03-04-19 06:05 PM
    The only reason I can think of disabling it would be for battery life, but I don't think the Hub is too much of a drainer, especially if you only have 1 or 2 e-mail accounts
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-04-19 06:18 PM
63 123