I have seen discussions over the last several months regarding removing the app. Now with Google detuning it, I am considering whether to do it.

On my classic it was a favorite. On android I am not sure.

BTW I only have two email account on the phone.
    03-03-19 07:10 PM
    I have seen discussions over the last several months regarding removing the app. Now with Google detuning it, I am considering whether to do it.

On my classic it was a favorite. On android I am not sure.

BTW I only have two email account on the phone.
    There is no performance hit on a 6GB device like the KEY². You can disable it if you wish.
    03-03-19 07:16 PM
    Not sure performance is the only issue. I am thinking about useablity. If sms and calls are not on the hub going fwd, there is no big reason to keep it open all the time. In fact, it might need to be closed to even notice the non email messages.

Is there something I am not thinking about?
    03-03-19 07:19 PM
    Not sure performance is the only issue. I am thinking about useablity. If sms and calls are not on the hub going fwd, there is no big reason to keep it open all the time. In fact, it might need to be closed to even notice the non email messages.

SMS received, and call logs ARE in the HUB going forward on the KEY².
    Rico4you and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-03-19 07:36 PM

I'm curious what would you use instead for email? Texts are still there just shows last line that came in not the last sent. Phone calls work same as always for me. It still is best email client I have used so far.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    03-03-19 07:42 PM
    I find the BlackBerry android hub for anything other than email, repetitive and a superfluous additional step between a notification and a social / messaging app.

I still use the hub, but for email. all other "apps" have been removed. I have persisted with the hub for emails for one reason only - darkmode.

I am going through the email apps in the playstore to test their interfaces and functionality. There are a number that match the hub in the large majority of aspects and others exceed the hub's functionality.

I suggest a bit of testing. With only 2 accounts you have the luxury of a large number of apps that can manage this effectively.
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    03-03-19 09:12 PM
    SMS received, and call logs ARE in the HUB going forward on the KEY².
    Ok, then is this article incorrect?

https://crackberry.com/hub-services-...-and-call-logs
    03-03-19 09:17 PM
    I find the BlackBerry android hub for anything other than email, repetitive and a superfluous additional step between a notification and a social / messaging app.

I still use the hub, but for email. all other "apps" have been removed. I have persisted with the hub for emails for one reason only - darkmode.

I am going through the email apps in the playstore to test their interfaces and functionality. There are a number that match the hub in the large majority of aspects and others exceed the hub's functionality.

I suggest a bit of testing. With only 2 accounts you have the luxury of a large number of apps that can manage this effectively.
    I still haven't found anything better than the HUB, but Nine and Aquamail are two of the best alternatives.
    03-03-19 09:17 PM
    Ok, then is this article incorrect?

https://crackberry.com/hub-services-...-and-call-logs
    It is accurate, but "some devices" do not refer to BlackBerry Android devices.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-03-19 09:19 PM
    Perhaps I should be clearer. I get perhaps three texts a week. I get a similar number of Whats App threads. I find that even using HUB, I occasionally miss one. I am concerned that if Hub is detuned, even a little, that will make it more likely that I will miss a text or whatsapp thread.

I do try to tell folks that if it is important enough to communicate with me - use e-mail or call. But there are a few folks who insist on texting. One of them is my wife - so missing a text is problematic. I am wondering whether it will be easier to view these other acounts without hub.
    03-03-19 09:22 PM
    It is accurate, but "some devices" do not refer to BlackBerry Android devices.
    Thank you. Your response helps substantially. That said, the article is FAR from clear on that point.
    03-03-19 09:25 PM
    I am a big fan of the Hub. other than the physical keyboard it's all that is really left of the BlackBerry DNA. I am far more productive with the Hub. I like to see sent emails. I like the way attachments are handled. I like the ability to actually see clearly email properties. I also like the filtering options. I have tried all other email apps and I can't find one that comes close. I have. an iphone and dearly wish the Hub was on iOS. I literally can not stand the host email app on iphone.
    03-03-19 09:26 PM
    I still haven't found anything better than the HUB, but Nine and Aquamail are two of the best alternatives.
    I just tried Aqua. I like the dark mode mixed with light messages. A nice mix with full presentation, but still easy on the eyes.
    03-03-19 09:31 PM
    I'm curious what would you use instead for email? ... It still is best email client I have used so far.
    Email client - Nine. 'Nuff said.
    03-03-19 11:36 PM
    Email client - Nine. 'Nuff said.

I've been trying FairEmail for the past couple of days.
    So far, am pleased, though it's still early lol

FairEmail (Privacy friendly email app) - https://f-droid.org/app/eu.faircode.email
    03-04-19 12:09 AM
    Perhaps I should be clearer. I get perhaps three texts a week. I get a similar number of Whats App threads. I find that even using HUB, I occasionally miss one. I am concerned that if Hub is detuned, even a little, that will make it more likely that I will miss a text or whatsapp thread.
    I do too miss important messages when using Hub as my notifications center and I blame that on automatically marking messages as Read in Hub every time a message is dismissed from the OS notification tray.

This is a discussion I have had with @max-bb here which confirm that this behavior is unlikely to change and I yet again ask to have a configurable toggle for this behavior as it is now clear I am not the only one that would prefer a different behavior.

Perhaps Hub shouldn't be used as a notifications center; rather it should be used as an aggregator in which point I wonder what is the purpose of having one to begin with.
    03-04-19 02:59 AM
    When I used HUB... I found it better to simply use it for email, and use the Android Notification center along with each individual app for other messages (they are running anyway). As HUB did tend to sometimes cause me to miss a message.

As for performance... I suggest you try it with and without and judge for yourself.

I had issues early last summer with HUB, and just moved on. They did patch it, but I haven't bothered going back.... it's not as seamless on a Samsung phone.
    03-04-19 07:41 AM
    I've been a big advocate of the hub from before the BlackBerry Droid days. I love the ability to search a single email account or search them all for a name or subject. Use the search almost daily.

I tried disabling when everyone was talking about performance issues but could not deal with the stock email applications.

I also remove everything but my 4 email accounts from the HUB. Use short press for texting, phone calls and other apps that I use on a regular basis.

Just my 2 cents.
    03-04-19 08:14 AM
    Hub on Droid is not nearly as clean and practical as the BlackBerry version. Such a shame they had to poor Google sauce on top not taking the original into account.
    03-04-19 10:24 AM
    Hub on Droid is not nearly as clean and practical as the BlackBerry version. Such a shame they had to poor Google sauce on top not taking the original into account.
    It's kind of the other way around. BlackBerry had to work within the constraints of Material Design.
    03-04-19 10:28 AM
    I must be misunderstanding something. I miss nothing in the Hub. For me there is no equal except perhaps for bb10 hub which is still my favorite.
    gebco likes this.
    03-04-19 10:46 AM
    I guess it really depends on what you need to get the same flexibility on your device once you've deleted. I find on my A8 that I need multiple email apps (4 at the last count) to ensure I have a similar usability as the hub. For me, it just wasn't worth deleting the app, and I've not seen much difference in SMS/MMS/Telephone logging since the last (Feb 1) update. I'd say stick with it.
    03-04-19 10:58 AM
    I must be misunderstanding something. I miss nothing in the Hub. For me there is no equal except perhaps for bb10 hub which is still my favorite.
    Some miss the SMS client that was part of the BB10 HUB, as well as its "always-on" nature.
    03-04-19 10:58 AM
    Some miss the SMS client that was part of the BB10 HUB, as well as its "always-on" nature.
    Yeah I get that. For me this is a small but important complaint. Still the Hub is without equal in my view. I wish BlackBerry and bbmobile would continue to invest in the vision of a unified approach to communication. For me notifications don't do this.
    03-04-19 11:09 AM
    Yeah I get that. For me this is a small but important complaint. Still the Hub is without equal in my view. I wish BlackBerry and bbmobile would continue to invest in the vision of a unified approach to communication. For me notifications don't do this.
    They are handcuffed to go any further than they have.
    03-04-19 11:20 AM
63 123