What happens (considering the lockdowns and china trade delays) if blackberry key 2 stock sells out before August, are TCL obligated to make more until the official deadline?
    05-29-20 07:23 PM
    What happens (considering the lockdowns and china trade delays) if blackberry key 2 stock sells out before August, are TCL obligated to make more until the official deadline?
    Don't worry. For its current price, it won't happen. At least not in Europe.

Posted via my lovely  Z30
    05-29-20 07:28 PM
    they wont be making anymore at all. August 31st has nothing to do with it
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-29-20 08:03 PM
    Why would they be obligated? I don't understand.
    05-29-20 10:56 PM
    Don't worry. For its current price, it won't happen. At least not in Europe.

Posted via my lovely  Z30
    They set the price so that it will work out about right.
    rarsen likes this.
    05-29-20 10:57 PM
    8/31/2020 is the last day they'll sell new phones - but it doesn't mean they can't stop selling them at any time. If they run out early, BBMo would be thrilled, because at least they're all sold and they can close down the sales staff completely. They are certainly not obligated to make any more devices, and they absolutely will not make anymore devices regardless.
    05-29-20 11:34 PM
    Does anybody know any carriers or any retail stores that are selling Key 2's for MSRP in Canada or the US?

I'm looking to potentially buy a KEY 2 as a longer term device for when I eventually move off of BB 10. I know it's not ideal to use older hardware or software for either OS but the thought of not having a physical keyboard drives me nuts!

I've seen some prices online for insane prices but I would never pay that.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-30-20 02:09 PM
    Sucks, I wanted until last few days to make a final decision whether to buy it.
    05-30-20 02:16 PM
    Unless you need a keyboard there are tons better devices to choose from. Key2 will receive no more updates so you are buying a device that is really EOL
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-30-20 02:18 PM
    Considering in June we expect to see what Android 11 looks like, the Key2 looks increasingly outdated by the day.
    05-30-20 03:22 PM
    Does anybody know any carriers or any retail stores that are selling Key 2's for MSRP in Canada or the US?

I'm looking to potentially buy a KEY 2 as a longer term device for when I eventually move off of BB 10. I know it's not ideal to use older hardware or software for either OS but the thought of not having a physical keyboard drives me nuts!

I've seen some prices online for insane prices but I would never pay that.
    You had 2 years to buy one at MSRP. Today, the very few NIB phones are being sold at collector prices - and someone will pay those prices. If you want a new one, you'll pay it too. Otherwise, you'll have to either buy a used one, or you'll have to buy some other phone. That's the reality of the situation, and several folks here (including myself) have been saying that this is where things would end up - it was very predictable. Production on this phone ended 2 years ago, aside from a relative few assembled later by hand from "spare parts" that were no longer needed, so you had to know that the supply was going to run out eventually.
    Laura Knotek and whatnow00 like this.
    05-30-20 07:30 PM
    My dilemma and the reason I ask is that I want to buy as late as possible, because I love my Classic and only want Key2 after classic breaks, but if classic lasts long enough for an unexpected new PKB to become available, then don't want the key2.
    Also, I don't see a key2 red at a reasonable price for the last few months.
    05-31-20 11:21 AM
    Given that there have been 3 indie PKB phones released this year, and none of them have sold particularly well even by indie standards, I wouldn't expect another PKB phone for a couple of years at least.

And the Key2 Red was always a limited edition phone, which was made in very small numbers, so of course you're not going to see it at a good price. There was about a 3-week window (when it was initially released) to buy it at MSRP, and now it's a collector's item, so it is what it is. It's naive to expect a "deal" or "good price" given the situation. A lot of people didn't want to believe that this was the end of BB phones, but now that people are realizing it is, the demand is bigger than the supply and prices will remain high.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-20 12:05 PM
    GoTalk (banner advertisements on the home page of CB) still sells unlocked 64GB K2's in silver and black at MSRP. But at $679 for an EOL phone put together from spare parts with an Android build 2 generations behind, that price is probably a bit too dear for all but the most rabid BB fanatics. When Best Buy was having a fire sale on their remaining stock of K2' & K2LE's (also built from spare parts) a few months ago... THAT was the last best time to pick one up-- LE prices hovered between USD $250-280.
    https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/bl...-key2-unlocked
    06-02-20 12:39 AM
    GoTalk (banner advertisements on the home page of CB) still sells unlocked 64GB K2's in silver and black at MSRP. But at $679 for an EOL phone put together from spare parts with an Android build 2 generations behind, that price is probably a bit too dear for all but the most rabid BB fanatics. When Best Buy was having a fire sale on their remaining stock of K2' & K2LE's (also built from spare parts) a few months ago... THAT was the last best time to pick one up-- LE prices hovered between USD $250-280.
    https://gotalkusa.com/smartphones/bl...-key2-unlocked
    Wasn't MSRP for Key2 $649 and GoTalk raised $30 when they bought up all the official remaining inventory from BBMo and others considered official in the supply chain?
    06-02-20 05:25 AM
    If you want one... buy it now!

There will be no new production, that ended long ago. All they are doing now is moving units around from one market to another and reflashing it. But by August I expect a KEY2 will be $1000, from 3rd party sources only.
    06-02-20 09:11 AM