Good morning all. My Bluetooth connections are acting up. When playing music, after a few songs or if I Skip a few songs, this notification shows up and the music stops playing and will not restart. I am using Apple Play as all my music is on iTunes. Any ideas on how to fix this or get rid of it? Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails What does this notification mean?-6527.jpg  
    07-20-18 09:31 AM
    your phone is connecting via Bluetooth to one of your paired devices (and sending the music there), I'd assume
    07-20-18 09:36 AM
    Good morning all. My Bluetooth connections are acting up. When playing music, after a few songs or if I Skip a few songs, this notification shows up and the music stops playing and will not restart. I am using Apple Play as all my music is on iTunes. Any ideas on how to fix this or get rid of it? Thanks,
    It's saying that both devices are compatible with (and using) the enhanced Bluetooth audio protocol.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-20-18 09:47 AM
    It's saying that both devices are compatible with (and using) the enhanced Bluetooth audio protocol.
    Oh, ok. Although the Bluetooth Connection fails in the same way with all my Bluetooth enabled devices, Kenwood car stereo (worked perfectly with my K1), Sony sound bars, patio speakers, etc... I have searched and did not find others with Bluetooth issues, is this a known issue? Software update fix? Or, is there a hardware issue with my K2? Thanks,
    07-20-18 09:52 AM
    Oh, ok. Although the Bluetooth Connection fails in the same way with all my Bluetooth enabled devices, Kenwood car stereo (worked perfectly with my K1), Sony sound bars, patio speakers, etc... I have searched and did not find others with Bluetooth issues, is this a known issue? Software update fix? Or, is there a hardware issue with my K2? Thanks,
    I really don't know. I'll let you know when I get mine.
    07-20-18 10:24 AM
    Thanks!
    07-20-18 11:17 AM
    What is your software version?
    07-20-18 11:24 AM
    What is your software version?
    On Oreo 8.1.
    Apple Music App ver. 2.5.0 (665)
    Digital 7 seems to work seamlessly. No Qualcom notification.

Is there a way to make iTunes music visible to other players?

Thanks,
    07-20-18 11:34 AM
    Sorry, I meant what patch.. go to setting and then system: its a code with letter and numbers. The fact is that aptx should not even be available on the KEY2. It would be interesting to understand if they enabled it with a newer update.
    07-20-18 11:43 AM
    Sorry, I meant what patch.. go to setting and then system: its a code with letter and numbers. The fact is that aptx should not even be available on the KEY2. It would be interesting to understand if they enabled it with a newer update.
    I believe this is the latest update?
    Attached Thumbnails What does this notification mean?-6892.jpg  
    07-20-18 01:31 PM
    I believe this is the latest update?
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like this latest update brought in the aptx feature.

Now.. It should not give you the issue that you are experiencing but at least it is interesting to know that they are working on the audio codecs
    07-20-18 05:40 PM
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like this latest update brought in the aptx feature.

Now.. It should not give you the issue that you are experiencing but at least it is interesting to know that they are working on the audio codecs
    That is correct, it came with the July patch. Aptx is not a bug, it's an enhancement. All that notification shows is that both your phone and your device support it, and it is streaming HD audio over Bluetooth. That's a good thing.

Bluetooth connectivity is another issue, and that's definitely a bug that needs to be addressed. Many others (myself including) are experiencing issues with the consistency (or lack thereof) of the Bluetooth connection.

Having said that, I can't say Bluetooth connectivity issues were completely absent with the K1, or any Android phone I have owned for that matter. But in the K2's case it seems some work is required to get it up to par though.
    07-20-18 05:45 PM
    My Silver K1 acted up seldomly, much more stable than my K2. definitely a bug as quite a few threads have popped up since. I did disable Smart Lock but have not had a chance to test. Hopefully that is a workaround for now.
    07-20-18 05:50 PM