I've had the key2 three days now. I'm trying to turn off all LED notifications, so that (eventually) I can add them for things that are important to me.

I sometimes see a blinking WHITE LED, and rarely GREEN. I can't find out what app is doing this. (I haven't added many apps so I suspect its a built in app doing this)

Does someone know what these mean, and how to disable them?
    09-17-18 11:14 AM
    Hard to say if you added many apps. All you can really do is go through them one by one.
    09-17-18 12:03 PM
    It means the phone needs your attention... Sorry, couldn't resist...

On mines the green is for Calendar. Blue is text but I've never seen white. Look in the Calendar settings and you should be able to turn it off.
    09-17-18 12:04 PM
    Do you have whatsapp? It has LED settings and you can custom assign colors to specific contacts
    09-17-18 02:05 PM
    Download an app called "light manager" from the Google play store. From there you can assign any colour to any app and disable the ones you don't use.
    09-17-18 04:21 PM
    this happens to me. I use Light Flow, and even when I've cleared all notifications, and applications, there is still a notification light.

I just open up light flow and there is always a notification there waiting even though I cleared them. I just clear it in Light Flow and it stops.

not sure if this is your situation, but just in case, wanted to share.
    09-18-18 05:25 AM
    I'd prefer not to add another app (just to control LED used by other apps). I'll chase the recommendations above.

I've also noticed a flashing red LED, and the only notification waiting is GMAIL messages. But I've disabled all notifications in GMAIL. Strange....
    09-18-18 07:35 AM
    One of my gripes with Android OS, notifications! There is no single place to manage them and every app seems to have notifications turned on. I still have mystery LED notifications appear randomly.
    09-18-18 08:23 AM
    Download an app called "light manager" from the Google play store. From there you can assign any colour to any app and disable the ones you don't use.
    Problem is he is having trouble disabling the android led in the first place.
    If he goes throughout all the settings in android then each app one by one he should be able to turn them all off.

That's the one grip about android is that there is no one set common place for each thing. Every developer can design their apps as the see fit and place things where the want so you have to dig hard into every app to make sure.

In android settings things can be placed or categorized differently from version to version so best to Google it for your version to find it and turn them off.

That said I use Light Flow for my RGB LED.
    09-18-18 08:57 AM
    That said I use Light Flow for my RGB LED.
    So the Passporter isn't using a Passport?
    09-18-18 09:47 AM
    So the Passporter isn't using a Passport?
    Nope! I've moved on but I wish I could still use it. The browser is the one thing that holding me back. If there was only one last update that made it more compatible with all websites then I could have stuck it out longer. Then the imminent closing of the app store. It was and still is the best smartphone I've ever used but we all need to change and adjust one day so......
    Looking at getting the KEY2 soon but not sure what is coming out next. I would hate to get it and have a much improved KEY line phone emerge that meets my standards.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 09-18-18 at 12:52 PM.
    09-18-18 10:42 AM
    Nope! I've moved on but I wish I could still use it. The browser is the one thing that holding me back. If there was only one last update that made it more compatible with all websites then I could have stuck it out longer. Then the imminent closing of the app store. It was and still is the best smartphone I've ever used but we all need to change and adjust one day so......
    Looking at getting the KEY2 soon but not sure what is coming out next. I would hate to get it and have a much improved KEY line phone emerge that meets my standards.
    I'd recommend the KEY2 LE if you can do without the capacitive keyboard.
    09-19-18 02:49 PM
    I'd recommend the KEY2 LE if you can do without the capacitive keyboard.
    Sorry but I would not recommend a lower specd phone then the KEY2 to anyone. The specs on the KEY2 are bare minimum at this point and moving forward I wouldn't think anything less would take you too far. The capacitive keyboard is a must for me, it's what makes the BlackBerry keyboard the incredible experience it has now evolved to.

I'm having a hard time justifying getting a KEY2 but dearly want my physical keyboard back. Miss that Passport of mine
    09-19-18 03:02 PM
    Sorry but I would not recommend a lower specd phone then the KEY2 to anyone. The specs on the KEY2 are bare minimum at this point and moving forward I wouldn't think anything less would take you too far. The capacitive keyboard is a must for me, it's what makes the BlackBerry keyboard the incredible experience it has now evolved to.

I'm having a hard time justifying getting a KEY2 but dearly want my physical keyboard back. Miss that Passport of mine
    I would suggest this cutting edge model!
    Attached Thumbnails What is blinking my LED-47394.jpg  
    09-19-18 03:59 PM
    Bet it won't drop a call
    09-19-18 04:00 PM
    Can't verify that, it cost me a dollar per call in late 80's money back in the day, so we all just fake called! lmao!
    09-19-18 04:03 PM
    Well, the edges do seem sharp...
    09-19-18 04:14 PM

Fair enough. But I'm pretty sure the LE would be faster at opening apps and more efficient at it than the Passport with Android apps, which obviously means there's progress. The spacebar apparently has a similar click as the rest of the keys just like the KEYone, which is why OCD me plans on buying one asap.
    09-19-18 04:16 PM
    Bet it won't drop a call
    I'll take that bet, there weren't many towers back then so calls dropped regularly if you moved. Also, batteries only lasted through "how you doing..." so we did a lot of fake calling also...
    09-19-18 10:32 PM