I'm from Italy and I bought my K2 ten day ago from Clove (UK).
    It arrived with ABA082 and May patch. No update since I bought it.
    The build quality is good but the software is unripe.
    Sometimes the keyboard is too sensitive while other times it does not take the swipe. The reception is better than that of the K1 but frankly I expected better.
    The quality of the photos has deteriorated compared to k1.
    The quality of the music, using the phone with the BT of my car, is in my opinion excellent.
    The screen has a lower contrast than the k1 and under direct sunlight the k1 is more readable. The white of the k1's display is colder and I find it better.
    I find frankly absurd that a Company like BB, that makes security and privacy its main banner, sells a phone and does not publish an update with the latest patches.
    The idea is a lack of software support that leaves me stunned and worried.

PS - sorry for my english...
    07-09-18 02:51 AM
    I'm sure they will issue the patch with the fixes as soon as possible
    07-09-18 03:06 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile are still ranked high in the area of timely security updates if not the highest. Most Android OEMs have horrible patching processes.

Google is starting to ensure all Android OEMs are comparable to BlackBerry in regards to security patches. Eventually, because of BlackBerry being better than most if not the best at releasing the patches, soon all Android OEMs will improve in that area as well as the leader which seems to be BlackBerry.
    07-09-18 03:59 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile are still ranked high in the area of timely security updates if not the highest. Most Android OEMs have horrible patching processes.

Google is starting to ensure all Android OEMs are comparable to BlackBerry in regards to security patches. Eventually, because of BlackBerry being better than most if not the best at releasing the patches, soon all Android OEMs will improve in that area as well as the leader which seems to be BlackBerry.
    BB better than most? That's a laugh. I have a Sony and security patches always get delivered on time. A far cry from what people are experiencing on the KEY1 for instance.
    07-09-18 05:20 AM
    BB better than most? That's a laugh. I have a Sony and security patches always get delivered on time. A far cry from what people are experiencing on the KEY1 for instance.
    Happy to have been able to make you laugh!

:-)

BlackBerry is better than most on delivering the security patches. So what of a Sony phone is more recent. My KEYone is still more secure than that Sony device.

I actually love Sony as a company. They make nice telephones too.
    07-09-18 05:28 AM
    I just went and checked my security patch date on my KEY2 and it is April 20th, 1984. Probably the most secure patch level available in this dimension.

I feel extra secured from android vulnerabilities made public that would take AI tapped into by a D-Wave quantum computer controlled by a Kindred.ai robot driven by a 'soul' found at CERN o decipher.
    07-09-18 05:36 AM
    What I do not understand is if you launch a new phone on the market with patches that are not updated... lend criticism from reviewers, especially if You call BB or if the new phone has the mark of BB...
    My hope is that, considering the start of sales on the American market on 13 July, an update will be made available in the next few days to solve some defects in the terminal and update the security patches.
    07-09-18 06:48 AM