So I went for a walk with my wife and figured I would just take my rod along in case I seen some nice spots to fish. Didnt really gear up and put my phone in front pocket. River is very low. Caught a really nice cutthroat and let it go. Then I tried another area and got a snag. Forgot till last second about my phone as I walked into deeper water. My pocket was submerged. Grabbed phone out and got into the sun and prayed. I was able to turn it off. Few hours later I tried to turn it on and it looked like it was ok. I put it down and came back it was off. Camera lenses had fog. Back into the sun and then came home. Lenses looked clear so turned it on and so far its working. Keyboard is perfect. Have not tried speakers yet. I was so upset with myself and the idea I couldnt even buy one if I wanted. Was starting to build a plan to buy one from telus or bell through my kids as I use virgin mobile and they dont carry it. Of course it would have been a black one. But seems I won't have too yet. Can still use my signature

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg 🇨🇦
    Sigewif likes this.
    08-19-19 10:33 PM
    So I went for a walk with my wife and figured I would just take my rod along in case I seen some nice spots to fish. Didnt really gear up and put my phone in front pocket. River is very low. Caught a really nice cutthroat and let it go. Then I tried another area and got a snag. Forgot till last second about my phone as I walked into deeper water. My pocket was submerged. Grabbed phone out and got into the sun and prayed. I was able to turn it off. Few hours later I tried to turn it on and it looked like it was ok. I put it down and came back it was off. Camera lenses had fog. Back into the sun and then came home. Lenses looked clear so turned it on and so far its working. Keyboard is perfect. Have not tried speakers yet. I was so upset with myself and the idea I couldnt even buy one if I wanted. Was starting to build a plan to buy one from telus or bell through my kids as I use virgin mobile and they dont carry it. Of course it would have been a black one. But seems I won't have too yet. Can still use my signature

Reg 🇨🇦
    Hope all turns out well. Maybe put it in a warm place for a while. It's a nice phone and hard to net a new one at the moment to keep you afloat! 🎣 Just on the thought of going fishing maybe a small watertight container to keep the phone in would be a good idea to stay on the safe side.
    08-20-19 02:50 AM
    Hope all turns out well. Maybe put it in a warm place for a while. It's a nice phone and hard to net a new one at the moment to keep you afloat! Just on the thought of going fishing maybe a small watertight container to keep the phone in would be a good idea to stay on the safe side.
    That would be so disconcerting. I am glad to hear that it seems to be working so far. To draw out any residual dampness you can use silica gel packets (like what are often inside vitamin bottles) and place your phone in a container together with some. Attached is a screenshot from Amazon of what I am referring to. They are quite cheap.
    All the best!
    Also you can buy watertight carrying pouches especially made for phones for when taking it to wet locations. I got one a few years ago. It was after I had taken my (at the time) new Priv to the Oregon coast and it started to rain while we were on the beach, so water and sand were a threat. They have lanyards on them too, so the phone isn't lost if it goes overboard. Went fishing and...-screenshot_20190820-010939.jpg
    08-20-19 03:23 AM
    Thats a good idea thanks for the tip.
    08-20-19 03:31 AM
    if river water is very pure then it's non conductive.
    08-20-19 04:57 AM
    I hope everything turns out ok. Sometimes corrosion starts setting in (even after a couple of months) and you still end up with a dead phone.

Used my iPhone 3G for a year after it came into contact with water. After a while the screen started acting weird and the phone started to malfunction.

After about 1 year later the phone just shut down completely.
    08-20-19 06:40 AM
    if river water is very pure then it's non conductive.
    That is interesting. This river was about as clear and pure as any I have seen. As far as water proof containers goes I just choose to not take it. This day was kind one where things went from walking to getting my feet wet to "oh what the big deal I will dry off". I just would not normally have my phone with me even if I am wearing my waders.

Makes me sad to think that if something happened to my phone to go to using a slab. You will never see me type this on a slab. My wife did find a used one for 450 not far from here. She knew how down I was.

Reg 🇨🇦
    08-20-19 07:35 AM
    Went fishing and...-71pgzp79uwl._sl1200_.jpg
    Sigewif likes this.
    08-21-19 12:33 AM