After my Key2 LE spacebar stopped working, never had the full band of networks in Canada (due to Indian variant) and had that annoying emergency call feature (pressing power button 3 times) which I set off at least 5 times in 2019 (again due to Indian variant), I decided that I was going to sail into the BlackBerry sunset with maybe the best Android BB ever made.

Here's a nice picture of it beside the best BB10 BlackBerry ever made. Both Red editions

Well I took the plunge (Red Key2)-img_20200106_1815209.jpg
    cyberdoggie and BEEBEEBEEBEE like this.
    01-06-20 07:37 PM
    Beautiful! Congrats!
    01-06-20 07:48 PM
    Congrats on your Red KEY2, the best, newest (and last) BlackBerry device ever made.
    01-06-20 07:49 PM
    I'm jelly of your red Passport! That's on my must-have list for my collection. Hopefully I can pick one up one of these days at a bargain price.

BTW I'm writing this post from a gently used BlackBerry Leap that was gifted to me. I've never owned one and it is quite a spiffy little device. The BB10 version of the vkb is the absolute best thing going!

Also, I was able to download the CB10 app from BB world with no issues. I guess it lives on in 2020.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-20 09:17 PM
    I'm jelly of your red Passport! That's on my must-have list for my collection. Hopefully I can pick one up one of these days at a bargain price.

BTW I'm writing this post from a gently used BlackBerry Leap that was gifted to me. I've never owned one and it is quite a spiffy little device. The BB10 version of the vkb is the absolute best thing going!

Also, I was able to download the CB10 app from BB world with no issues. I guess it lives on in 2020.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah man I have a couple of Leaps as well, a black one and a white one and I loved them when I was using them. The batteries kinda died at the end there. The Leap was definitely my 2nd favourite BB10 device after the Passport and my favourite all screen BB10.
    01-06-20 10:13 PM
    Not gonna lie, that is a beautiful picture.

The Red Passport rivals the SE for GOAT BB10 device and its probably safe to say that the Red Key2 is the pinnacle of BB Android.
    01-06-20 10:16 PM
    Just want to provide a quick update. The red Key2 is better in almost every way compared to the LE. But I gotta give a couple of wins to the LE. I kinda prefer the LE's slightly less clicky PKB (ie quieter) although overall the Key2's keyboard is better because it is more spacious and is capacitive. And the letters are so clearly printed on the keys.

Also the fingerprint sensor just feels more accurate and snappy on the LE. Or maybe I messed up my fingerprint inputs...maybe I'll do them again with more finger angles.

But yeah otherwise the Key2 is a much better phone. I'm glad I got it.
    the_boon, Rico4you and phuoc like this.
    01-07-20 08:09 PM
    Just want to provide a quick update. The red Key2 is better in almost every way compared to the LE. But I gotta give a couple of wins to the LE. I kinda prefer the LE's slightly less clicky PKB (ie quieter) although overall the Key2's keyboard is better because it is more spacious and is capacitive. And the letters are so clearly printed on the keys.

Also the fingerprint sensor just feels more accurate and snappy on the LE. Or maybe I messed up my fingerprint inputs...maybe I'll do them again with more finger angles.

But yeah otherwise the Key2 is a much better phone. I'm glad I got it.
    Yeah only the Red LE has the white alternate characters on the keyboard like the Red KEY2.

Enjoy your red KEY2!!
    01-07-20 10:43 PM
    I agree with the above that the Red LE does have some specific quirks that I prefer over the normal Key2 - but having a Red Key2 for over a few months now, it doesn't make a difference

Excllent choice OP, it will be a device that serves you well!
    01-08-20 07:47 AM
    Congrats on your Red KEY2, the best, newest (and last) BlackBerry device ever made.
    Which you sold as you got bored of the red color
    the_boon likes this.
    01-08-20 10:00 AM
    Which you sold as you got bored of the red color
    But then bought another...

Sold again, bored

Factory reset and repeat LOL
    cyberdoggie and the_boon like this.
    01-08-20 10:38 AM
    After my Key2 LE spacebar stopped working, never had the full band of networks in Canada (due to Indian variant) and had that annoying emergency call feature (pressing power button 3 times) which I set off at least 5 times in 2019 (again due to Indian variant), I decided that I was going to sail into the BlackBerry sunset with maybe the best Android BB ever made.

Here's a nice picture of it beside the best BB10 BlackBerry ever made. Both Red editions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200106_1815209.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	447206
    Congratulations on the new device.

Where did you buy it from?

Did you get any updates on it?
    01-08-20 12:59 PM
    Where did you get it?
    01-08-20 04:51 PM
    I bought it from Amazon Australia and then got it shipped to Canada via a 3rd party sender. At the time it was $599 AUD...considering how much they go for in North America, that was a steal.
    01-08-20 05:56 PM
    I agree with the above that the Red LE does have some specific quirks that I prefer over the normal Key2 - but having a Red Key2 for over a few months now, it doesn't make a difference

Excllent choice OP, it will be a device that serves you well!
    What quirks does the Red LE have that the Red KEY2 doesn't?

They're both great devices
    01-08-20 09:54 PM

The permanent non-capacitive PKB and less battery draining 4GB RAM for starters.
    01-09-20 09:42 AM
    The permanent non-capacitive PKB and less battery draining 4GB RAM for starters.
    That's not "quirks".

Those are clear feature differences.
    mh1983 likes this.
    01-09-20 08:37 PM
    I bought it from Amazon Australia and then got it shipped to Canada via a 3rd party sender. At the time it was $599 AUD...considering how much they go for in North America, that was a steal.
    Does the Australian model have the correct bands for North America?
    01-10-20 06:55 AM

Keyboard is a lot more softer keys, an overall lighter device (great for long calls) and I kind of prefer the lighter frame around the device rather than the aluminum one - but they're little things, when I used the LE is missed the Key2's battery life, camera & increased RAM
    01-10-20 07:32 AM
    You have to check by model. The one i got was the BBF100-6 which has all the bands for Canada. I can't speak for the US but should be ok with most carriers.
    01-10-20 07:38 AM
    You have to check by model. The one i got was the BBF100-6 which has all the bands for Canada. I can't speak for the US but should be ok with most carriers.
    No, the BBF100-2 has all the bands for Canada. You are missing a few - bands 14, 29, 30, and 66 to be exact. This affects Bell and Telus - but not Rogers.
    01-20-20 09:24 PM
    BBF100-1 is single SIM international
    BBF100-2 is single SIM North America
    BBF100-3 does not exist
    BBF100-4 is dual SIM China
    BBF100-5 does not exist
    BBF100-6 is dual SIM international
    01-20-20 09:27 PM
    does anyone have the red key 2 with qwertz Keyboard? i can't find any
    01-21-20 06:37 AM
    does anyone have the red key 2 with qwertz Keyboard? i can't find any
    Pretty sure it exists only with QWERTY.
    01-23-20 02:43 AM