I'm also very much disappointed as the whole reason for purchasing BlackBerry was for the security but fact is even low end phones are more secured with latest security patches

Posted from my Classic!
    11-08-19 03:00 AM
    Doesn't mean none of them would enjoy one if they picked one up and tried to use it
    I have yet to run into one person under 25 or so that has seen my phone and has been impressed/intrigued/wanted to touch it. I have a hard time believing that other "young" people would love it if given a chance. People I know that have grown up with only vkb can type ridiculously fast and don't need a keyboard.
    11-08-19 06:19 AM
    I have yet to run into one person under 25 or so that has seen my phone and has been impressed/intrigued/wanted to touch it. I have a hard time believing that other "young" people would love it if given a chance. People I know that have grown up with only vkb can type ridiculously fast and don't need a keyboard.
    Almost no one needs a keyboard, it's about wanting one...

... REALLY wanting one lol because that 4.5" mediocre LCD pales in comparison to any slab's display in the last 3 years
    11-08-19 09:42 AM
    Almost no one needs a keyboard, it's about wanting one...

... REALLY wanting one lol because that 4.5" mediocre LCD pales in comparison to any slab's display in the last 3 years
    Yes, and almost nobody wants them.
    11-08-19 09:49 AM
    If I had a Key2, I would be rip roaring pissed off that a promised OS update never materialized. Any way you cut it, that's just wrong. Bad business!
    There was never promise of an OS update for the KEY².
    11-08-19 03:15 PM
    If I had a Key2, I would be rip roaring pissed off that a promised OS update never materialized. Any way you cut it, that's just wrong. Bad business!
    Fair enough, but don't blame BlackBerry if TCL is withholding payment.
    11-08-19 03:57 PM
    There was never promise of an OS update for the KEY².
    Huh?
    11-10-19 01:37 AM
    Huh?
    Huh what?
    11-10-19 02:00 AM
    In the midst of another thread that went in a predictable direction, did anyone ever post the autoloader for the OP? :/

Posted via CB10
    shrenik301 likes this.
    11-10-19 04:47 AM
    In the midst of another thread that went in a predictable direction, did anyone ever post the autoloader for the OP? :/

Posted via CB10
    In fairness, the question was "who is to blame?".
    shrenik301 likes this.
    11-10-19 08:46 AM
    In fairness, the question was "who is to blame?".
    The thread's taken a few forking paths. All forks were acknowledged except the autoloader point.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-19 08:53 AM
    The thread's taken a few forking paths. All forks were acknowledged except the autoloader point.

Posted via CB10
    The OP never brought up needing the autoloader just griping. That being said, the autoloader is posted along with others already I’m sure if memory serves.
    11-10-19 09:39 AM
    Wouldn't hurt to post the autoloader here one more time as a courtesy.
    11-10-19 11:37 AM
    Wouldn't hurt to post the autoloader here one more time as a courtesy.
    Says a well known member in good standing who could have easily posted the link......

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1157839/

Or are you referring to something else.
    11-10-19 01:18 PM
    Huh what?
    Yes, KEY2 owners are entitled to have 1 OS upgrade.
    11-10-19 04:00 PM
    Dear Conite, It took me a long time to recover from that statement "There was never promise of an OS update for the KEY²". And then I did some research and found the following:

The BlackBerry KEY2 is also part of the Google-led Android Enterprise Recommended program aimed at helping businesses select the best Android smartphone for their organization. With the Android Enterprise Recommended BlackBerry KEY2, business users can buy with confidence knowing they’re getting the most secure Android smartphone experience possible. This means meeting elevated requirements established and validated by Google, including timely security updates (which BlackBerry Mobile provides monthly), business-ready hardware features and at least one major OS update. BlackBerry KEY2 also supports Android zero-touch enrollment, making it seamless for large organizations to deploy and manage their corporate-owned mobile devices.

Source: https://blackberrymobile.com/press-room/ June,07,2018
    Last edited by Paulelmar18; 11-10-19 at 04:23 PM.
    11-10-19 04:09 PM
    Yes, KEY2 owners are entitled to have 1 OS upgrade.
    By entitled, do you mean “should expect” or “guaranteed” in your opinion? I’m certain many of us expected PIE a year later for the Key2 and we stated as such. I don’t recall BBMo themselves ever stating the fact or even implied officially by them.
    11-10-19 04:11 PM
    By entitled, do you mean “should expect” or “guaranteed” in your opinion? I’m certain many of us expected PIE a year later for the Key2 and we stated as such. I don’t recall BBMo themselves ever stating the fact or even implied officially by them.
    Yes, guaranteed just like how Priv users got Marshmallow and how (most) KEYone owners got Oreo.

And there's also the LE, but maybe people will be less furious about not getting an upgrade on that one since its a mid ranger, and most mid rangers are poorly supported by OEM's.

Either way, Pie won't magically remove those horrendous capacitive navigation buttons, which is why I'd prefer a KEY3 if we could have one more thing from TCL
    11-10-19 04:17 PM
    Dear Chuck, how do you read their press release? In my eyes it's a promise and a guarantee!
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-10-19 04:18 PM
    Dear Chuck, how do you read their press release? In my eyes it's a promise and a guarantee!
    This is not the end, and you just need to wait.
    Patient people like me are still waiting to get BB10 on their Playbook.
    All BlackBerry promises are still valid!
    11-10-19 04:23 PM
    That's what we've been discussing for months - the issue of BBMo's membership in the Enterprise Recommended program.

Ultimately, the terms of the program, and compliance with those terms are between Google and the OEM.

The fact the the KEYx devices are still certified despite not complying with some of the terms of membership is Google's business.
    11-10-19 04:24 PM
    This is not the end, and you just need to wait.
    Patient people like me are still waiting to get BB10 on their Playbook.
    All BlackBerry promises are still valid!
    Yep... I still have my PlayBook and I'm patiently waiting for the BB10 upgrade... 🤣

Bob
    11-10-19 04:26 PM
    That's what we've been discussing for months - the issue of BBMo's membership in the Enterprise Recommended program.

Ultimately, the terms of the program, and compliance with those terms are between Google and the OEM.
    But they publicly promised the end customers, so this should be an issue between BlackBerry Mobile and their customers who trusted that public memo.
    Bob80220 and anon(10387168) like this.
    11-10-19 04:27 PM
    But they publicly promised the end customers, so this should be an issue between BlackBerry Mobile and their customers who trusted that public memo.
    I understand what you're saying, but they would probably say they were simply describing the terms of the program, and not making a direct commitment to the end user.

Either way, it doesn't matter anyway. All bets are off with any company that is struggling. If you're not happy, good luck in court.
    11-10-19 04:34 PM
    Description of the program and their participation. At this point with the staggering of device releases and the plausible deniability, I wouldn’t be surprised either way and I’ve felt that way over fifteen+ years. It’s the biggest reason that for the first 10+ years of supporting BlackBerry, I only purchased AT&T carrier locked and supported devices. My complaints and dealings would be through AT&T not BlackBerry directly.

Look at it this way. I have two KEYones. The AT&T doesn’t get WFC although it’s supposed to and gets security updates. The BE KEYone still gets some AT&T features but no updates anymore. It’s gets same enhanced calling features even though it wasn’t supposed to.

You don’t expect Apple, Google or Microsoft product support with BlackBerry as it’s never been provided. I’ve never expected it so no disappointments.
    11-10-19 05:15 PM
126 ... 23456