That just draws attention to an issue that only affects a limited few.
    A communique would obviously be targeted to the region. Some of us care about the "limited few" and how they are treated. Those who do research on the companies will also see how they are treated.
    elfabio80 and Paulelmar18 like this.
    11-04-19 01:17 PM
    I think some of you are just overly dramatic on this non issue. Most people dont have a clue that BB branded phone exist anymore!
    Oh, but they will once the failure of 4 BlackBerry Branded businesses becomes public knowledge and hits the news cycle, not if, when! That can only impact the BlackBerry brand. What folks won't care about is the part that Licensees played in the failure, they will be a tear drop in the news cycle dominated by BlackBerry LTD phone business fails again! Unfair to BlackBerry to be sure, but a certainty!
    11-04-19 01:37 PM
    Most people dont have a clue that BB branded phone exist anymore!
    ^^^^ This!!!!

Bob
    11-04-19 02:03 PM
    1. Investors don’t care about BB mobile hardware as most believe that BB left that business years ago before the actual exit.

2. BlackBerry as brand is already negative association with PKB of 10-15 years ago. Rebranding from RIM was stupid and helped crater share price long ago.

3. Actual institutions that own BB shares and their analysts don’t care about the BB licensees and their shortcomings. They do care if BB wastes resources on customers of another company where there’s no legal obligation and it makes zero economic sense and practically zero economic impact.

4. If anything, BlackBerry is looking to dump the brand in some manner of rebranding either to Cylance or back to RIM depending on cost. BlackBerry was so iconic with mobile phones 10-15 years ago that it’s bad and not good for the brand anymore. Think Reynolds Wrap brand tissues or Kleenex brand foil. When a brand is synonymous with the generic idea so iconically, the brand is worthless for evolutionary purposes.
    11-04-19 02:32 PM
    Oh, but they will once the failure of 4 BlackBerry Branded businesses becomes public knowledge and hits the news cycle, not if, when! That can only impact the BlackBerry brand. What folks won't care about is the part that Licensees played in the failure, they will be a tear drop in the news cycle dominated by BlackBerry LTD phone business fails again! Unfair to BlackBerry to be sure, but a certainty!
    Has the failure of PT BB Merah Putih and Optiemus made headlines?
    11-04-19 02:46 PM
    I think some of you are just overly dramatic on this non issue. Most people dont have a clue that BB branded phone exist anymore!
    Exactly. Which is why making some kind of official statement is ludicrous.
    11-04-19 02:47 PM
    The reality is did the existence of any BB licensees make headlines? Unfortunately, the biggest exposure BB has achieved in recent years is as punchlines for the various comics of multiple comedy shows. As iconically valuable as the Oldsmobile brand was for GM moving into 21st century was. The publicity for shutting the brand completely down was far more significant for GM to prove they were moving forward into the next century.
    11-04-19 02:52 PM
    Unfortunately, the biggest exposure BB has achieved in recent years is as punchlines for the various comics of multiple comedy shows.

Bob
    11-04-19 03:03 PM

Bob
    That's Hilarious!
    11-04-19 06:13 PM

Bob
    That about sums it up!
    11-04-19 10:34 PM
    Sadly I think the Apple part overshadowed the BlackBerry part.....
    11-06-19 09:54 AM
    It isn't official.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-06-19 10:06 AM
    It isn't official.
    Nor will it ever be.
    11-06-19 10:06 AM
    Sadly I think the Apple part overshadowed the BlackBerry part.....
    Unfortunately it usually does...

Bob
    11-06-19 10:07 AM
    Nor will it ever be.
    Wasn't the contract for 5 years?
    11-06-19 10:14 AM
    Wasn't the contract for 5 years?
    Sure. But all of them can just ride it out without doing anything.

As far as we know, PT BB Merah Putih is actually defunct.
    11-06-19 10:19 AM
    Sure. But all of them can just ride it out without doing anything.

As far as we know, PT BB Merah Putih is actually defunct.
    Nothing will be official till that point in time, or at such a time there is a legal break or settlement of some sort.
    11-06-19 10:37 AM
    Nothing will be official till that point in time, or at such a time there is a legal break or settlement of some sort.
    I'm not sure what you're even arguing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    11-06-19 10:39 AM
    I'm not sure what you're even arguing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Why would I argue? You seem to know all about their contracts, perhaps beyond what even they know, so what would be the point in arguing?
    11-06-19 11:07 AM
    Why would I argue? You seem to know all about their contracts, perhaps beyond what even they know, so what would be the point in arguing?
    Huh?

The claim was made that negative licencing headlines would hurt BlackBerry.

I asked what headlines there have been after the collapse of two of the deals already.
    11-06-19 11:16 AM
    What significance or change in circumstances would that represent? Each day that passes beyond tipping point of Oreo/Pie update and other small but significant business decisions helps all licensees wind down the business to end, meeting requirements of licensing agreement.

This behavior is practiced by companies all over that want to minimize penalties of bad contracts.
    11-06-19 07:31 PM
    I am a Cylance user and I care. ;-)
    Looking after a brand name is a good business practice. It is about tending to the brand name. This has been discussed here before. Business reputation in the digital age is a huge area and it is important for businesses to understand this. There are even services that help businesses with their brand reputation and messaging.
    In a similar manner, franchise businesses have to adhere to the standards set by the head company even though the franchise owners are the ones directly responsible.
    The people who will decide to purchase Blackberry's enterprise software solutions probably haven't used a Blackberry phone in a decade.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-07-19 03:35 PM
    The people who will decide to purchase Blackberry's enterprise software solutions probably haven't used a Blackberry phone in a decade.
    Or ever. There is a new generation entering the work force that probably has never even seen one or touched one.
    11-07-19 07:39 PM
    Or ever. There is a new generation entering the work force that probably has never even seen one or touched one.
    Doesn't mean none of them would enjoy one if they picked one up and tried to use it
    11-07-19 08:33 PM
    If I had a Key2, I would be rip roaring pissed off that a promised OS update never materialized. Any way you cut it, that's just wrong. Bad business!
    11-08-19 02:40 AM
126 12345 ...