Though we're not getting any security patch updates since December 18.
    Whom to blame?
    11-02-19 11:59 PM
    You can blame BlackBerry Ltd and BlackBerry Mobile. I don't think they really give a **** anymore though as they're both out of the BB branded phone business.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised either. BB has been screwing over and treating it's customers like crap for nearly a decade now. Just one empty promise after another. Buying a BlackBerry in 2019 and expecting support is a fools game.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-19 12:28 AM
    Whom to blame?
    I believe there is a autoloader to take Indian variant Key 2 to April 19 update. Conite has this information.
    shrenik301 likes this.
    11-03-19 01:14 AM
    Whom to blame?
    Afaik Optiemus is the manufacurer that's responsible for the Indian variants. Heard that they had a dispute with BlackBerry on the licensing deal.
    But I don't know if Optiemus is even alive anymore...
    11-03-19 01:50 AM
    Afaik Optiemus is the manufacurer that's responsible for the Indian variants. Heard that they had a dispute with BlackBerry on the licensing deal.
    But I don't know if Optiemus is even alive anymore...
    If so, Blackberry should come for its customers
    Sigewif likes this.
    11-03-19 02:52 AM
    You may ask blackberry Ltd what contract is ( with optimus)
    There will have legal conditions about customers.
    Or, it also depends local law.
    11-03-19 03:00 AM
    I think BlackBerry Ltd is no party for you as a customer. Optiemus as the manufacturer is.

Let me also state that I think it is a construction in which consumers are going to pay the price.

But legally I think there is nothing that you can do towards BlackBerry Ltd.
    11-03-19 03:07 AM
    I think BlackBerry Ltd is no party for you as a customer. Optiemus as the manufacturer is.

Let me also state that I think it is a construction in which consumers are going to pay the price.

But legally I think there is nothing that you can do towards BlackBerry Ltd.
    I also think you are right that legally we can't do anything to Blackberry., ...
    But there are some more words for Blackberry to learn..(for their customers). .. Like..morals , rewards , acclamation etc....
    11-03-19 06:28 AM
    I also think you are right that legally we can't do anything to Blackberry., ...
    But there are some more words for Blackberry to learn..(for their customers). .. Like..morals , rewards , acclamation etc....
    BlackBerry is completely out of the handset business, and has been for years.

Optiemus paid BlackBerry for the naming rights and for the BlackBerry Android software. Optiemus has exclusive rights to the Indian market.

BlackBerry isn't paid enough to "step in". The other issue is that the update mechanism on the phones is not from BlackBerry - nor are the servers from which they draw the updates.
    11-03-19 06:47 AM
    If it doesn't make them money, BB won't help you. Customer satisfaction and respect for their Brand are things they do not care about. Which is why their Brand is so hated and disrespected now.
    John Albert, elfabio80 and so crow like this.
    11-03-19 12:09 PM
    If it doesn't make them money, BB won't help you. Customer satisfaction and respect for their Brand are things they do not care about. Which is why their Brand is so hated and disrespected now.
    They were already satisfied to give up the brand in the device space 3 years ago. So it's no skin off their nose.
    11-03-19 12:13 PM
    They were already satisfied to give up the brand in the device space 3 years ago. So it's no skin off their nose.
    The negative reputation is still going to follow them wherever they go. They'd be smart to rebrand.
    11-03-19 04:34 PM
    I feel your pain and agree with you! Licensed or not, it is labeled BlackBerry with the Iconic symbol on each and every failed unit and variant. This modern revisionist thinking that brand Association when Licensed does not have serious repercussions for BlackBerry Ltd is at best misguided! Need further convincing, please check BlackBerry Ltd. stocks for value and performance.
    11-03-19 04:40 PM
    I feel your pain and agree with you! Licensed or not, it is labeled BlackBerry with the Iconic symbol on each and every failed unit and variant. This modern revisionist thinking that brand Association when Licensed does not have serious repercussions for BlackBerry Ltd is at best misguided! Need further convincing, please check BlackBerry Ltd. stocks for value and performance.
    What does their share price have to do with mobile hardware? ZERO

BB shareholders know their ownership has NOTHING to do with hardware for three years. Shareholders rejoiced when BlackBerry exited hardware. Their issues now revolve around UEM, MDM and EMM product solutions. That business is related to other Android/iOS device management.

Cylance is their new line of business. If anything, I suspected the iconic BB name could eventually be phased out if toxicity of the brand can’t be eliminated. It’s not beneficial when people think of antiques from 15 years ago that exist from product lines exited long ago.
    11-03-19 06:48 PM
    The negative reputation is still going to follow them wherever they go. They'd be smart to rebrand.
    Nah. IoT or Cylance users couldn't care less about handsets.
    11-03-19 06:59 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry LTD. is doing very well! My mistake!
    John Albert and elfabio80 like this.
    11-03-19 07:20 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry LTD. is doing very well! My mistake!
    And you're suggesting a handful of disappointed Optiemus users are responsible for the slow Cylance revenue growth?
    Last edited by conite; 11-03-19 at 11:15 PM.
    11-03-19 07:47 PM
    Now that is common sense thinking! Even in this topsy turvy forum at times!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-03-19 10:31 PM
    [QUOTE=conite;13460048]And you're suggesting a handful of disappointed Optiemus users are responsible for the slow Cylance revenue growth?

Since how long is Chen is CEO? And still the stock sinks..... Time for a change maybe?

I think people lost or are losing faith on BB, and this has nothing to do with TCL or Optiemus....rather with management.
    11-04-19 12:26 AM

Since how long is Chen is CEO? And still the stock sinks..... Time for a change maybe?

I think people lost or are losing faith on BB, and this has nothing to do with TCL or Optiemus....rather with management.
    The line of discussion here was about the handset brand (specifically Optiemus' handling of it) influencing BlackBerry Limited's IoT and Cylance products.

If you wish to completely change topics and discuss Chen, then ok.

Now that the transition is complete, and BlackBerry is just now what was envisioned by Prem and Chen in 2013, we will have to see what will happen with growth over the next few quarters. We are coming up on make or break time for sure.

Chen still has the complete support of the BoD and the principal shareholders.
    anon(10622733) likes this.
    11-04-19 12:37 AM
    This thread is about Optiemus not John Chen or Cylance. Keep your pants on everyone.
    11-04-19 12:38 AM
    Nah. IoT or Cylance users couldn't care less about handsets.
    I am a Cylance user and I care. ;-)
    Looking after a brand name is a good business practice. It is about tending to the brand name. This has been discussed here before. Business reputation in the digital age is a huge area and it is important for businesses to understand this. There are even services that help businesses with their brand reputation and messaging.
    In a similar manner, franchise businesses have to adhere to the standards set by the head company even though the franchise owners are the ones directly responsible.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-04-19 01:11 AM
    You can blame BlackBerry Ltd and BlackBerry Mobile. I don't think they really give a **** anymore though as they're both out of the BB branded phone business.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised either. BB has been screwing over and treating it's customers like crap for nearly a decade now. Just one empty promise after another. Buying a BlackBerry in 2019 and expecting support is a fools game.

Posted via CB10
    I have gotten updates for my KEY2 devices. I just got an update a few days ago. I know we didn't get the upgrade to Pie yet but I don't care about that.
    What I do care about is that something had gone wrong with one of my KEY2s (which I had bought used) so it didn't recognize the SIM card. The update fixed it.
    11-04-19 01:15 AM
    I am a Cylance user and I care. ;-)
    But you DON'T care. You actually proved my point.
    11-04-19 06:25 AM
    The line of discussion here was about the handset brand (specifically Optiemus' handling of it) influencing BlackBerry Limited's IoT and Cylance products.

If you wish to completely change topics and discuss Chen, then ok.

Now that the transition is complete, and BlackBerry is just now what was envisioned by Prem and Chen in 2013, we will have to see what will happen with growth over the next few quarters. We are coming up on make or break time for sure.

Chen still has the complete support of the BoD and the principal shareholders.
    My point is that management decisions influenced also handset decisions.... Maybe Optiemus was not that strong as licensee. But since as stated by somebody else the name in the phone is BB, than I would take the necessary steps towards customers to hold up my reputation as BB. In this sense I think Chen and the Board are responsible.
    Last edited by elfabio80; 11-04-19 at 08:06 AM.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-04-19 07:22 AM
126 123 ...