Are we ever gonna get dark theme? IG n everything looks so much better.

Any new blackberry devices coming out soon? Key2 starting to get old n feels dated with every other phone out there
    12-26-19 06:46 PM
    yes, get a red key2.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-26-19 06:47 PM
    yes, get a red key2.
    Screen brighter? Dark theme stuff? Lol
    John Albert likes this.
    12-26-19 07:06 PM

Any new blackberry devices coming out soon? Key2 starting to get old n feels dated with every other phone out there
    You're asking if we're getting Android 10? Really?
    John Albert likes this.
    12-26-19 08:26 PM
    You're asking if we're getting Android 10? Really?
    Just got it last night on my OnePlus 6.

It's the best version of Android I've seen so far, especially with Oxygen OS. It's just the right amount of useful customization options but not confusing like a Samsung.

If there were no PKB phones, this would absolutely be the one I'd have my SIM in...unless the S10e could get better battery life.

Oxygen OS > One UI any day!
    (And Stock, BBAndroid, and all the others too).

But since we do still have PKB phones, I can't bring myself to remove my SIM from my KEY2.
    My error rate undeniably goes up when tapping on glass but this one is not nearly as bad as the tiny slabs like the iPhone SE.

It's not satisfying, but haptic feedback does help a bit.

BlackBerry VKB is nice to have as well, not sure which I prefer between it and Gboard.

This is the perfect "second slab device" lol
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-26-19 08:32 PM
    Just got it last night on my OnePlus 6.

It's the best version of Android I've seen so far, especially with Oxygen OS. It's just the right amount of useful customization options but not confusing like a Samsung.

If there were no PKB phones, this would absolutely be the one I'd have my SIM in...unless the S10e could get better battery life.

Oxygen OS > One UI any day!
    (And Stock, BBAndroid, and all the others too).

But since we do still have PKB phones, I can't bring myself to remove my SIM from my KEY2.
    My error rate undeniably goes up when tapping on glass but this one is not nearly as bad as the tiny slabs like the iPhone SE.

It's not satisfying, but haptic feedback does help a bit.

BlackBerry VKB is nice to have as well, not sure which I prefer between it and Gboard.

This is the perfect "second slab device" lol
    Honestly Oreo, Pie, Android 10 - makes no difference to me.

I just need a keyboard and a screen.

And I still prefer vanilla over Oxygen. But the latter is still pretty clean.
    12-26-19 09:08 PM
    I just need a keyboard and a screen.
    If you really did, you wouldn't have plans to jump ship to a slab come late 2020, you'd either stay on a KEY2/LE or go for a Titan or whatever miracle PKB device comes out by then
    12-26-19 09:27 PM
    If you really did, you wouldn't have plans to jump ship to a slab come late 2020, you'd either stay on a KEY2/LE or go for a Titan or whatever miracle PKB device comes out by then
    Well, security is an issue.

I'm referring more to features here.
    12-26-19 09:32 PM
    Well, security is an issue.

I'm referring more to features here.
    Eh, I'm still not convinced.

Most consumers trade a whole bunch of privacy for convenience, you wouldn't keep the PKB for a small potential increase in "risk" ?
    12-26-19 09:35 PM

The 10E is the ideal size. The price is too much for what i am prepared to pay. The A40 is the same size and the specs are ideal. Price is great to. The only issue is Samsung bloat.
    12-27-19 05:45 AM
    The 10E is the ideal size. The price is too much for what i am prepared to pay. The A40 is the same size and the specs are ideal. Price is great to. The only issue is Samsung bloat.
    Yeah the S10e is not worth $750 lol but now it can be found mint condition in the $350 range
    12-27-19 07:06 AM
    Yeah the S10e is not worth $750 lol but now it can be found mint condition in the $350 range
    How much for actual new device?
    12-27-19 02:36 PM
    How much for actual new device?
    Technically I think it's still $750 on the Samsung website.

Not sure about Amazon or Best Buy, but that phone isn't worth $750 so I suggest getting a mint one for between $350 - $400.

It's like cars, you save a bunch of money by buying a used one with 10-15k miles as opposed to driving off the dealer's lot with one.
    12-27-19 03:02 PM
    Technically I think it's still $750 on the Samsung website.

Not sure about Amazon or Best Buy, but that phone isn't worth $750 so I suggest getting a mint one for between $350 - $400.

It's like cars, you save a bunch of money by buying a used one with 10-15k miles as opposed to driving off the dealer's lot with one.
    For a car, I agree. For a phone, I’ll just wait for a carrier deal. I’m not switching carriers anytime soon.
    12-27-19 04:43 PM
    Screen brighter? Dark theme stuff? Lol
    My screen is dark, as is my screen saver, hub, youtube, twitter, wastapp. How much dark do you need? As for screen brightness, whats the issue? When your outside enjoy the fresh air and smell the daisies. Surely you can work your way around extreme sunlight when the situation arises.
    12-27-19 06:31 PM

With the latest updates, all be them a couple of months old, dark theme is already included in 8.1 and made available to apps that support it (a hint to Google Mail who have not deployed it).

Inside BlackBerry launcher which means that you push down on an Empty piece of the screen that the screens drink down and press the cogwheel at the bottom right.

Can you change the theme to dark ( for the launcher only).
    Most apps have dark mode in their settings including gospel library.
    12-28-19 02:14 PM
    With the latest updates, all be them a couple of months old, dark theme is already included in 8.1 and made available to apps that support it (a hint to Google Mail who have not deployed it).

Inside BlackBerry launcher which means that you push down on an Empty piece of the screen that the screens drink down and press the cogwheel at the bottom right.

Can you change the theme to dark ( for the launcher only).
    Most apps have dark mode in their settings including gospel library.
    I just want dark theme Instagram lol
    12-28-19 03:36 PM
    I just want dark theme Instagram lol
    Instagram picks up the dark mode setting from your phone. So set the launcher to dark mode that should bring up dark mode in Instagram automatically.
    12-28-19 03:45 PM
    For a car, I agree. For a phone, I’ll just wait for a carrier deal. I’m not switching carriers anytime soon.
    What does this have do with carriers?
    12-28-19 09:48 PM
    What does this have do with carriers?
    AT&T only supports WFC on it’s own devices.
    12-29-19 08:48 AM
    AT&T only supports WFC on it’s own devices.
    Is WFC is must-have in Tampa lol
    12-29-19 10:32 AM
    Is WFC is must-have in Tampa lol
    Just on my property for whatever the luck I don’t have. First world problems.
    12-29-19 10:41 AM
    I've noticed play store has gone dark recently. would be great if we could have it for WhatsApp and Gmail too.
    12-29-19 10:46 AM
    I've noticed play store has gone dark recently. would be great if we could have it for WhatsApp and Gmail too.
    Ya, every other phone seems to have dark mode. My theme is already set to dark mode. Nadda
    12-30-19 07:43 AM
    You can use substraine to have dark mode for all apps. I have Facebook, Insta, what's app, system settings, Chrome etc.
    01-01-20 08:55 PM
33 12