I wonder if the new K2 will have any splash or water resistance. I'm not someone who submerges my phone, but I do get my phone splashed time to time. At a sink, by a pool, beach, etc.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-25-18 05:35 AM
    I'm sure we would have known by now if it were.

Unless they copy the Priv's keyboard design, I don't think we re gonna see a water resistant PKB device.
    05-25-18 05:55 AM
    I'm sure we would have known by now if it were.

Unless they copy the Priv's keyboard design, I don't think was gonna see a water-resistant PKB device.
    It's one hell of a challenge to make a watertight physical keyboard. I pray the god of phones but I highly doubt it.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-25-18 10:42 PM
    I don't think it's happening this time around , but eventually bbmo may not have a choice as consumers are demanding it more and more. Although I have personally never had a device that has be damaged due to water
    IndianTiwari and Rico4you like this.
    05-25-18 11:22 PM
    According to GSM Arena Phone Finder there were at least 6 models of PKB phones IP rated:
    https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php...,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
    05-26-18 01:04 PM
    it better be
    05-26-18 01:12 PM
    According to GSM Arena Phone Finder there were at least 6 models of PKB phones IP rated:
    https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php...,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
    The last in 2013, FWIW.
    05-26-18 01:20 PM
    It's one hell of a challenge to make a watertight physical keyboard. I pray the god of phones but I highly doubt it.
    Not really, BB LTD did it with the Priv. That keyboard is one single piece of rubber basically.

The question is, how to use that design without compromising on quality of the clicking
    05-26-18 04:56 PM
    Water resistance is kinda like a hype. So I dont want Blackberry phones to be water resistant, but he concept of Oneplus 6 is nice. May eb a bit fof rain r drizzle resistance would be nice to have.
    05-26-18 09:42 PM
    Water resistance is kinda like a hype. So I dont want Blackberry phones to be water resistant, but he concept of Oneplus 6 is nice. May eb a bit fof rain r drizzle resistance would be nice to have.
    Sony's flagships have had it for years. No hype, it's the norm for them. ☺
    05-26-18 09:51 PM
    Sony's flagships have had it for years. No hype, it's the norm for them. ☺
    Thats true Johnny, but having the an IP 67 or more rating has some other side effects.

a. Its gonna be an expensive certification process which is gonna add cost to the phone. Im sure if we care a little our BB's with be just fine without an IP certification, atleast for the Keyboard varients.

b. If the go for IP ratings the phone will be completely sealed and even if we want to replace the battery, say 2 yeard down the lane ourselves, its gonna be dufficult or atleast we need to get an experts help.

That is why I said a basic splash resistance is enough rather than going for a full fledged IP rating.
    05-26-18 10:01 PM
    What good is a PKB, if I can't take it swimming?
    05-26-18 10:59 PM
    What good is a PKB, if I can't take it swimming?
    May be you should try getting a waterproof case/cover
    05-26-18 11:03 PM
    I skinny dip. So should my phone.

SMH

What's wrong with you people?

05-26-18 11:07 PM
    I wonder if the new K2 will have any splash or water resistance. I'm not someone who submerges my phone, but I do get my phone splashed time to time. At a sink, by a pool, beach, etc.
    Water resistant device will only add to the costs . I agree with @Carjackd that I didnt have any water ingress in any of my devices till now .
    05-27-18 02:08 AM
    I skinny dip. So should my phone.
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 05-27-18 at 10:48 AM.
    dmlis likes this.
    05-27-18 10:24 AM
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    05-27-18 11:48 AM
    Not really, BB LTD did it with the Priv. That keyboard is one single piece of rubber basically.

The question is, how to use that design without compromising on quality of the clicking
    I personally like the feel of the PRIV keyboard at least as much as the KEYone's and I know there are others who do as well. I know there are those who don't.
    But, hey, if it meant getting some water resistance on a BlackBerry device I think many of them would appreciate it. I would be very happy about it.
    05-27-18 12:37 PM
    I bought one of these after my first trip to the Oregon coast with my PRIV. when it started raining, I reluctantly put my PRIV away from the wetness that threatened it till we left the beach. So I didn't want to have to do that again. But I have never used the cover. It is so bulky. Maybe a better one is out there now.
    05-27-18 12:42 PM

Never knew that about the PRIV. But to your second point, it's not worth sacrificing keyboard quality. The PRIV 's keyboard was well below average in my opinion.
    05-27-18 12:44 PM
    The priv isn't water resistant. So if they copy the design it still would get ruined if wet.
    05-27-18 12:44 PM
    The priv isn't water resistant. So if they copy the design it still would get ruined if wet.
    I said the Priv's KEYBOARD is water resistant because it is a single piece of rubber with holes in it acting as keys.

Skip to 2:42 - 2:58

05-27-18 01:07 PM
    I bought one of these after my first trip to the Oregon coast with my PRIV. when it started raining, I reluctantly put my PRIV away from the wetness that threatened it till we left the beach. So I didn't want to have to do that again. But I have never used the cover. It is so bulky. Maybe a better one is out there now.
    I'm not fully sure, if it is a case or a pouch which is fully waterproof. I think I saw it amazon. But if you are going to the beach frequently it's worth trying it. Honestly I too feel worried about my Keyone when I go to the beach with it.
    05-27-18 01:24 PM

SMH

What's wrong with you people?

Shall I start preparing a list for you? Come on you don’t need help to answer that question.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-27-18 08:28 PM
    Shall I start preparing a list for you? Come on you don’t need help to answer that question.
    That list gets people killed
    Carjackd likes this.
    05-27-18 08:34 PM
31 12