Small update:

I sent the Key2 in for repair for a 2nd time as requested.
    This time they actually tested the device, and their final verdict "software issue/charging fault" and they sent me a replacement Key2!

Sadly the replacement Key2 arrived today and, once I finished setting it up, I noticed a line down the right of the screen. After trying to display a few different colors it seems one row of red pixels are dead. Other colors just appear duller as they're missing the red, but displaying anything red results in a black line.

Attachment 439738

Attachment 439739

I've contacted support yet again, and I have to send my Key2 for repair yet again.

I was expecting the verdict to be water damage, so I'm extremely happy they attempted to replace it. Hopefully the third time is the charm!
    lol yep. Their tech support is not very good to say the least. Had a heck of a time with multiple KEYones last year.
    09-29-18 02:36 PM
    lol yep. Their tech support is not very good to say the least. Had a heck of a time with multiple KEYones last year.
    Yep. Same here.
    The UK's repair centre is the worst ever. SBE in Kent.
    Rude and unprofessional bell ends. Don't send it again.

Just call the BBM Support and ask for a manager, email them daily. Ask for a replacement. Tell them you're a busy professional and don't have time with such unprofessionalism . Might take a while but they should sort you out eventually. Always ask for their names. Make them feel guilty. Customer is always right.
    Good luck.
    09-29-18 04:03 PM
    I've always loved phones with Physical Keyboards.
    I've owned a Priv, KeyOne, KeyOne Black edition and most recently, a Key2.

I was there for the Key2 reveal livestream, I pre-ordered instantly and patiently waited through several delays until finally it was in my hands.

I refused to take it outside for the first week as there were no cases available, so it stayed at home and my trusty KeyOne came to work with me.
    Needless to say, I'm overprotective of my phones.

So needless to say, I was devastated when it died only 3 weeks after I'd got my hands on it.

I'd taken my Key2 to work and it was in my pocket while I did some work outside.
    It had rained the previous day so everything was damp outside.
    At some point I must have leaned against a wall or something else wet, as some of the water had soaked through into my coat pocket and got onto my Key2.

About 1 hour after I'd last used it, I pulled my Key2 from my pocket to check the time only to find the screen wouldn't turn on. I noticed the keyboard was slightly wet, so I initially thought the fingerprint sensor was having issues reading my print and gave it a quick wipe and tried again.
    Nothing.

After trying to power button to wake it up and getting no results, my only clue as to what could have happened is the water on the keyboard.

I try it off with paper towels, hit it with a hair drier to be sure and race home to put it in a sealed bag with some silica packets. It remained in there for 2 weeks without success.

I contacted Blackberrry Support, explaining exactly what happened, and they booked my Key2 into their Repair Centre. I packaged it up, said goodbye and sent it on it's way.

I was told the Repair Centre would be in touch with me once it arrived, so I waited.

Today my phone was returned to me by the Repair Center.
    There was ZERO communication from them, and packaged with my still broken Key2 was an "Unable To Repair Return Form", which states information such as;

• "From: Unknown Manufacturer Repair Centre"
    • "Type of Unit: PRODUCT INDETERMINE"
    • "Please find enclosed your Unknown Manufacturer Cellular Equipment"
    • "...your Unknown Manufacturer cellular phone is not covered by Unknown Manufacturers's product warranty"

As you can imagine, I'm pretty mad.
    I'd never had a Blackberry fail previously, and I'd hoped that when I eventually needed them, Blackberry Support would be there for me.

Yet after I take the time to package and post my device for repair, it's simply returned with NO communication, and a piece of paper that implies they've never even HEARD of a Blackberry device. Nor does the device seem to have been examined in any way.

I'm still in communication with Blackberry Support in hopes of a discounted replacement, or even a refurb unit, but my hopes aren't high.

I've lost £560 on a phone that lasted me 3 weeks before failing from moisture absorbed through my pocket. For a phone that's designed for "work" I didn't expect it to be so fragile.

If you own a Key2, treat it like it's made of paper.
    If you don't, stick to a KeyOne for now.
    TCL thanks your for your money.
    09-29-18 05:03 PM
    Fixed it for you. Let's not pretend that they're gonna just swap out a damaged phone "no questions asked" and "for free". The only real advantage is that Apple stores are everywhere, and they always have stock of every model in every color and storage option. That's it. To continue my mini-rant, guess how much they charge to fix a shattered glass back for iPhone X? About $500. The price of a brand new KEY2 LE lol.
    AppleCare brings that down to $50. Meanwhile, TCL doesn't even acknowledge your device as being a Blackberry and send you back worthless scraps of paper so you can spend another $650 and go through this process again in 1-2 years.

In the end you pay more for two phones than for one iPhone, except in a year, you can resell the iPhone for 70% of its original value and buy the new model.

Or, you can struggle to find a buyer after having your Key2 on Craigslist for two months, before finally settling for $250.
    09-29-18 05:08 PM
    For anyone following this, the Key2 was sent in for repair a 3rd time.
    This time I received ANOTHER replacement which seemed to work well.

When I first received the 3rd replacement, all seemed well except that I couldn't type very well and kept missing spaces in my sentences. I put this down to being without a physical keyboard for over a month, and thought I just needed more practice.

However, over the following few weeks I've come to realise that the left side of the spacebar often doesn't register a press, or will register a double-press, adding a period to the middle of sentences.
    It's been slowly driving me crazy and makes typing extremely frustrating, which isn't ideal when I purchased the Key2 for it's typing experience.

I'm in touch with support once again, looking like it's going to have to go in for repair a 4th time.
    My first Key2, have completely uneven brightness on the keyboard & the 1 of the 3 navigation buttons was half the brightness of the other 2.

Anyway, this Key2 has a multiple of small issues which are unacceptable for a new phone & especially at this price. Since my first week, I've said on here along with a few other people this might be marketed as "premium quality phone" but it's evident to me it's just cheap chinese junk from TCL. Terrible, probably cheap screen. Marketed with a dual lens which has been proven to be crap in low light photos & a step BACKWARDS from the KeyOne. My keyboard constantly "Falls asleep" and doesn't respond. There are a lot of issues.

I'm just trying to hold off until the Key3 comes with a proper camera for the price and not terrible quality control.

**edit*** almost forgot, my premium phone currently has un evenly cut keys. So the last row with speed key, shows light under the keyboard because some of the keys are cut very unevenly.
    09-29-18 05:17 PM
    @markusbeutel @S2G-Unit
    The KEY2 has its occasional issues, but do you think TCL has upped their quality control in general compared to the KEYone? I remember seeing alot more complaints about faulty hardware during the months following the KEYone last year than now with KEY2. This could mean two things:
    -The KEY2 has overall better QC than KEYone silver at launch
    -The KEY2 isn't selling as well as KEYone did.

Hoping it's the former obviously
    09-29-18 06:00 PM
    Seems I was correct and I have to send it to SBE for repair for the 4th time.

I want to say, Blackberry support have been very understanding and helpful.
    The problem always lies with SBE. No device I've sent them has been repaired, they've always just sent a replacement and every one of them has had a fault.

My KeyOne is becoming a bit outdated, and the experience I've had with the Key2 is far too unreliable and always feels "temporary" as I have to keep sending it back once it's all set up.
    So when the Key2 returns it's going on eBay to fund a different phone.

It's goodbye for now, Blackberry.
    I eagerly await the Key3, but I think I'll wait a few months after release before I jump on board this time.
    10-23-18 11:49 AM
    Seems I was correct and I have to send it to SBE for repair for the 4th time.

I want to say, Blackberry support have been very understanding and helpful.
    The problem always lies with SBE. No device I've sent them has been repaired, they've always just sent a replacement and every one of them has had a fault.

My KeyOne is becoming a bit outdated, and the experience I've had with the Key2 is far too unreliable and always feels "temporary" as I have to keep sending it back once it's all set up.
    So when the Key2 returns it's going on eBay to fund a different phone.

It's goodbye for now, Blackberry.
    I eagerly await the Key3, but I think I'll wait a few months after release before I jump on board this time.
    There's always the KEY2 LE... I'd wait for the Atomic
    10-24-18 06:47 AM
33 12