Blackberry Key2 and Key2 Red I have a problem and maybe not but when I try to wake up the phone I have to tap the screen several times to wake up is the fault of the software and are the touch screens are so bad in key2 ???
    08-04-19 01:34 AM
    You maybe tapping too quick, above detection rate. Try slowing it down.
    08-04-19 02:02 AM
    You maybe tapping too quick, above detection rate. Try slowing it down.
    Well, the fact I quickly hit it, I do not hide it, but it seems to me that it should react faster to tapping on the screen.
    08-04-19 02:13 AM
    When the phone is asleep, processing is low to save power. I don't know if it uses the main processor or a PIC (say), but responsiveness will be slower until the device is awake again.
    08-04-19 02:25 AM
    When the phone is asleep, processing is low to save power. I don't know if it uses the main processor or a PIC (say), but responsiveness will be slower until the device is awake again.
    For me, it should be differently resolved, the quick wake up reaction should be more sensitive to the touch of the display.
    08-04-19 03:04 AM
    Well, the fact I quickly hit it, I do not hide it, but it seems to me that it should react faster to tapping on the screen.
    You'll need to adapt to the phone, the phone isn't going to adapt to you. Simple behavior modification.
    08-04-19 05:26 AM
    You'll need to adapt to the phone, the phone isn't going to adapt to you. Simple behavior modification.
    And you can explain why Key2 Black wakes up faster than Key2 Red, just as if Red had a screen that is less sensitive to touch, I have such an impression, but maybe I'm wrong even after testing.
    08-04-19 05:56 AM
    Had this issue with my KEYone also from time to time.

That double tap to wake feature doesn't work so well in broad daylight
    08-04-19 07:20 AM
    Had this issue with my KEYone also from time to time.

That double tap to wake feature doesn't work so well in broad daylight
    if you have from time to time it means the fault of the software and not the faulty phone is?
    08-04-19 07:59 AM
    if you have from time to time it means the fault of the software and not the faulty phone is?
    Could be.

I disabled that option long ago on my KEYone/2/LE anyway, so it's just gonna be the power button for me
    08-04-19 07:59 AM
    Blackberry Key2 and Key2 Red I have a problem and maybe not but when I try to wake up the phone I have to tap the screen several times to wake up is the fault of the software and are the touch screens are so bad in key2 ???
    Isn't the phone locked anyway? Use your fingerprint instead.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-04-19 08:16 AM
    Isn't the phone locked anyway? Use your fingerprint instead.
    I work physically and my skin is damaged after a while, and I can not detect my fingerprint, so I have to remove my fingerprint and renew my fingerprint, so I can not always wake up my phone in this way.
    08-04-19 08:30 AM
    I work physically and my skin is damaged after a while, and I can not detect my fingerprint, so I have to remove my fingerprint and renew my fingerprint, so I can not always wake up my phone in this way.
    I understand your problem. I have same issue. I sometimes just would like to see the time and its annoying and if you have the smallest amount of dirt or wear on thumb it wont open that way either. I started to train myself to hit power button.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    08-04-19 08:52 AM
    I understand your problem. I have same issue. I sometimes just would like to see the time and its annoying and if you have the smallest amount of dirt or wear on thumb it wont open that way either. I started to train myself to hit power button.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    I think I will have to come back to waking up the phone by pressing the power button and if I get pissed off, I will return the Key2 Red phone.
    08-04-19 09:06 AM
    I think I will have to come back to waking up the phone by pressing the power button and if I get pissed off, I will return the Key2 Red phone.
    Yet you would actually consider a Titan - a spyware ridden, cheap plastic kickstarter phone with no updates. Lol.
    08-04-19 09:14 AM
    Yet you would actually consider a Titan - a spyware ridden, cheap plastic kickstarter phone with no updates. Lol.
    So you have a solution for users who bought key2 red? when the black key2 wakes up normally so the red key2 does not want to wake up twice on the screen
    08-04-19 09:41 AM
    So you have a solution for users who bought key2 red? when the black key2 wakes up normally so the red key2 does not want to wake up twice on the screen
    No, red or black wont make a difference.

But you should know that the red KEY2 has improvements to the keyboard especially spacebar, and for that reason only, I would keep it.
    08-04-19 10:26 AM
    Who said it's cheap plastic?

All PKB's, whether they were on BB's or not, have been plastic, aside from the Priv's rubber mat.
    BBOS devices have been mostly made of plastic.

Plastic does not necessarily equal cheap.

I doubt any of the KEYBerry's would have survived that ladder drop like the Titan did.

No one's stopping BBMo from making their phones even more rugged like the Titan is.

Gotta give credit where credit is due.
    Luniz likes this.
    08-04-19 10:29 AM
    Who said it's cheap plastic?

All PKB's, whether they were on BB's or not, have been plastic, aside from the Priv's rubber mat.
    BBOS devices have been mostly made of plastic.

Plastic does not necessarily equal cheap.

I doubt any of the KEYBerry's would have survived that ladder drop like the Titan did.

No one's stopping BBMo from making their phones even more rugged like the Titan is.

Gotta give credit where credit is due.
    Forgive me if I don't jump on the designer awards quite yet.

When holding it, Engadget said they would take a KEY² any day over "this thing".
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-04-19 10:40 AM
    No, red or black wont make a difference.

But you should know that the red KEY2 has improvements to the keyboard especially spacebar, and for that reason only, I would keep it.
    With the same thought I bought Key2 red but how to improve the keyboard it again works poorly wake up taping twice on the screen
    08-04-19 10:47 AM
    Forgive me if I don't jump on the designer awards quite yet.

When holding it, Engadget said they would take a KEY² any day over "this thing".
    I do not think about tastes, that you do not like it does not mean that you will not like it and why do you cross the Titan in advance? did you have in your hand?

If Blackberry / TCL did not want to do Passport on Android, then someone else will get the money.

The same will be with Blackberry Apps someone will find who will beat the Blackberry hub, and then will be swept away.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-04-19 10:54 AM
    I wish the device could be woken up by a swipe up gesture a-la' BB10 or better yet allow lock screen customization from which the user can replace the phone or camera launch to any app they want.

So much more intuitive IMO!
    08-04-19 11:02 AM
    I do not think about tastes, that you do not like it does not mean that you will not like it and why do you cross the Titan in advance? did you have in your hand?

If Blackberry / TCL did not want to do Passport on Android, then someone else will get the money.

The same will be with Blackberry Apps someone will find who will beat the Blackberry hub, and then will be swept away.
    I'm all for choice, but I think it's funny that people can even discuss (without a smile on their face) a cheap kickstarter phone from a parts bin in China (with no updates or security) and a KEY² in the same breath.

If we were all being sensible, we would be thinking of this as a novelty item that might be fun to have around as a secondary device.
    Last edited by conite; 08-04-19 at 11:13 AM.
    08-04-19 11:03 AM
    I'm all for choice, but I think it's funny that people can even discuss (without a smile on their face) a cheap kickstarter phone from a parts bin in China (with no updates or security) and a KEY² in the same breath.

If we were all being sensible, we would be thinking of this as a novelty item that might be fun to have around as a secondary device.
    Same security as in Blackberry by Android

I have Keyone from ABT975 from April 5 and what and who do I blame that I still do not have an update to the latest version of the system?

And where is the famous security of Blackberrry?

it is easy to see the eye in others, not seeing the beam in their own eye.
    08-04-19 11:21 AM
    Same security as in Blackberry by Android

I have Keyone from ABT975 from April 5 and what and who do I blame that I still do not have an update to the latest version of the system?

And where is the famous security of Blackberrry?

it is easy to see the eye in others, not seeing the beam in their own eye.
    Lol.

Unihertz has no pedigree for security, is pre-loaded with adups which sends data to Chinese servers, and delivers one or two updates during the entire lifecycle of the device.

Even after 2 years of patches, BBMo devices still have a hardened kernel, and has Integrity Detection monitoring 24/7 for changes to system files.
    08-04-19 11:28 AM
32 12