I updated the android operating system over the weekend and now my voice to text is not working. I tap on the mircophone icon and it beeps twice very quickly and does not give me the opportunity to speak. Can't get it to work in amy of my text, email, or other apps.

Please let me know if this is fixable or if I have to wait for a bug to be fixed in the OS.

Thanks,
    12-17-19 11:20 AM
    I updated the android operating system over the weekend and now my voice to text is not working. I tap on the mircophone icon and it beeps twice very quickly and does not give me the opportunity to speak. Can't get it to work in amy of my text, email, or other apps.

Please let me know if this is fixable or if I have to wait for a bug to be fixed in the OS.

Thanks,
    How did you update? over the air? Have you done a hard rest?
    12-17-19 05:51 PM
    I updated the OS via wifi. No did not do a full factory reset. Would rather not as I believe all my settings and apps will be lost. My Google Chrome and other serarch apps are working with voice commands.
    12-18-19 07:24 AM
    Why is this in the keyone thread?
    12-18-19 09:28 AM
    I updated the OS via wifi. No did not do a full factory reset. Would rather not as I believe all my settings and apps will be lost. My Google Chrome and other serarch apps are working with voice commands.
    A hard reset isn't the same thing as a factory reset. Just hold the power button down for 32 seconds (I wait for four cycles of the Blackberry splash screen) and then let the phone power on. This does not affect your data, settings, or anything and often solves silly problems like this.

Good luck!
    12-18-19 11:11 AM

Thanks,
    Change in setting for the voice to text to use Google services instead of Blackberry. It should fix cause this is how we had to fix the sam problem on the virtual keyboard

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1179094

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    12-18-19 03:19 PM
    Sorry, I am new to Crakberry but a longtime BB user. Die hard. Couldn't find where to ask questions for Keytwo and thought useres of Keyone may have same issue.
    12-18-19 03:49 PM
    Sorry, I am new to Crakberry but a longtime BB user. Die hard. Couldn't find where to ask questions for Keytwo and thought useres of Keyone may have same issue.
    No sweat
    Did the link and info help you?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    12-19-19 07:14 AM
    Thanks. I will give that a try.
    12-19-19 09:23 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at your link and tried to find where in Settings I can change the voice to text to Google, but I cant find it on my Key2. Can you provide the steps please?
    12-19-19 09:36 AM
    Replied to your previous messgae. In case you didn't receive it, I could not figure out where to go to in Settings to change to Google vocie to text. can you please provide the steps. I am on a Key2.
    12-19-19 09:40 AM
    I did find in Settings "manage keyboards" and under that is Google Voice typing and it is already turned "on". Voice to text still does not work.
    12-19-19 09:47 AM
    I got it!! Switched to Google and it works!! Thanks all for your help.
    12-19-19 09:54 AM
    Why is this in the keyone thread?
    Because it does not matter. I have had both KeyOne and Key2 with the same problem.

Physical keyboard setup.
    Turn the Microbuttons (both off) and both on, the select you prefereed set up.
    12-19-19 09:59 AM
    I got it!! Switched to Google and it works!! Thanks all for your help.
    Sorry I didn't get back to you in time but I don't have a key 2 so that I could show you exactly how to find it but I had hoped you would figure it out
    Glad it's working now and I find my word suggestions for swiping to be slightly better
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-20-19 at 06:19 AM.
    12-20-19 02:30 AM