My Key2 seems to be not doing something right with the Visual Voicemail it just won't activate something that my Passport SE has working very well...

This is strike two for KEY2.
    1. Wifi Calling non existent
    2. Visual Voicemail not working.

What number 3 would be? For now I would say the lack of LED RGB customization but that could be partially fixed with the third party app... now I'm seriously thinking on returning this phone since two options I rely a lot on my Passport don't exist on this phone.
    08-11-18 11:05 PM
    visual voicemail was amazing on BB10. I think this is one of the features of BB10 that I miss the most.

Their are very few Android phones that support this feature. It was mainly only available on Iphone and BlackBerry. I can feel your pain I miss my passport everyday. If BB10 was still being supported, I would be the first in line .

I am with Rogers in Canada and they text me a wav file but it's not the same.
    Stasjuk and Murundum like this.
    08-12-18 07:58 AM
    visual voicemail was amazing on BB10. I think this is one of the features of BB10 that I miss the most.

Their are very few Android phones that support this feature. It was mainly only available on Iphone and BlackBerry. I can feel your pain I miss my passport everyday. If BB10 was still being supported, I would be the first in line .

Let's hope all the mistakes are fixed on the BlackBerry Key3
    08-12-18 12:19 PM
    My Key2 seems to be not doing something right with the Visual Voicemail it just won't activate something that my Passport SE has working very well...

This is strike two for KEY2.
    1. Wifi Calling non existent
    2. Visual Voicemail not working.

What number 3 would be? For now I would say the lack of LED RGB customization but that could be partially fixed with the third party app... now I'm seriously thinking on returning this phone since two options I rely a lot on my Passport don't exist on this phone.
    Visual voice mail works just fine for my KEY2 on AT&T. I can also select any color I want for notification LEDs. Your point about WiFi calling is correct but that is a carrier issue not BlackBerry Mobile.
    tartacutza likes this.
    08-12-18 12:39 PM
    Visual Voicemail is natively supported in the phone app since Nougat. There is no need to install a visual voicemail app.

The only thing I don't understand is how come Hub integrate missed calls but it doesn't integrate voicemail notifications.
    @LiamQ @max-bb
    08-12-18 12:42 PM
    Visual voice mail works just fine for my KEY2 on AT&T. I can also select any color I want for notification LEDs. Your point about WiFi calling is correct but that is a carrier issue not BlackBerry Mobile.
    It doesn't work on my phone, and don't say it's my carrier because I get the two functions working just fine on my Passport.

The LED notification don't say you can pick the color cause you know that is not posible natively, only couple of apps support to choose color like WhatsApp but this doesn't cycle the notifications. It's a very broken system. You can't defend it.
    08-12-18 01:08 PM
    Visual Voicemail is natively supported in the phone app since Nougat. There is no need to install a visual voicemail app.

The only thing I don't understand is how come Hub integrate missed calls but it doesn't integrate voicemail notifications.
    @LiamQ @max-bb
    My hub shows VVM notifications. I can then tap on it and go straight to VVM.
    08-12-18 01:08 PM
    My hub shows VVM notifications. I can then tap on it and go straight to VVM.
    Nice! Who's your carrier? Are you using the natively supported phone and visual voicemail app?
    08-12-18 01:10 PM
    Nice! Who's your carrier? Are you using the natively supported phone and visual voicemail app?
    Factory unlocked Key² on AT&T. I've had the same success on my factory unlocked Passport and KEYᵒⁿᵉ with AT&T.
    08-12-18 01:16 PM
    Factory unlocked Key² on AT&T. I've had the same success on my factory unlocked Passport and KEYᵒⁿᵉ with AT&T.
    Interesting! Wish I could say the same about T-Mobile.
    08-12-18 01:23 PM
    Very interesting, only one of the carriers here in Canada support VVM on Android and they only support it on a select few.

Bell only Iphone and BlackBerry

Virgin only Iphone

Rogers only iPhone

Telus only Iphone and some Android phones.
    08-12-18 01:24 PM
    It doesn't work on my phone, and don't say it's my carrier because I get the two functions working just fine on my Passport.

The LED notification don't say you can pick the color cause you know that is not posible natively, only couple of apps support to choose color like WhatsApp but this doesn't cycle the notifications. It's a very broken system. You can't defend it.
    The fact that visual voice mail work on other phones proves my point. It is your carrier because all functions are not supported on all phones.

AT&T and other carriers simply do not support WiFi or HD calling on unlocked devices.

There is nothing to defend. I am just stating facts. I really don't care. I was just trying to be helpful.
    08-12-18 01:39 PM
    The fact that visual voice mail work on other phones proves my point. It is your carrier because all functions are not supported on all phones.

AT&T and other carriers simply do not support WiFi or HD calling on unlocked devices.

There is nothing to defend. I am just stating facts. I really don't care. I was just trying to be helpful.
    Plot twist, my Passport is an Unlocked device that has worked fine on both T.Mobile and AT&T Networks getting my Visual Voicemail and WiFi Calling (WiFi Calling never tested while on AT&T because I didn't needed it at the time), KEY2 won't work on any of them LOL
    08-12-18 01:44 PM
    Plot twist, my Passport is an Unlocked device that has worked fine on both T.Mobile and AT&T Networks getting my Visual Voicemail and WiFi Calling (WiFi Calling never tested while on AT&T because I didn't needed it at the time), KEY2 won't work on any of them LOL
    The Passport was a phone supported by AT&T and the KEY2 is not. Meaning they did sell a carrier locked version so they could and would support it. That is not the case with the KEY2.
    08-12-18 01:48 PM
    The Passport was a phone supported by AT&T and the KEY2 is not. Meaning they did sell a carrier locked version so they could and would support it. That is not the case with the KEY2.
    They do "support" the KEYOne (even have a branded device) and not even that one gets wifi calling xD
    08-12-18 01:54 PM
    They do "support" the KEYOne (even have a branded device) and not even that one gets wifi calling xD
    Correct and that was their choice. I have heard other people that have the KEY2 on T-mobile that say HD or WiFi calling is working for them.
    08-12-18 01:57 PM
    Correct and that was their choice. I have heard other people that have the KEY2 on T-mobile that say HD or WiFi calling is working for them.
    I'm on TMobile, get the Visual Voicemail Toggle but it says it can't activate, as for WiFi Calling I don't even get the option to turn it on or off
    08-12-18 01:59 PM
    I'm on TMobile, get the Visual Voicemail Toggle but it says it can't activate, as for WiFi Calling I don't even get the option to turn it on or off
    I got the AT&T VVM app to work. Maybe try calling T-mobile about both issues.
    08-12-18 02:07 PM
    ...only couple of apps support to choose color like WhatsApp
    If your apps which require LED notifications lack configurable colors, the recourse is to provide a feature request to the developer(s) of those apps. AT&T VVM...

Visual  Voicemail-2244.jpg

Visual  Voicemail-2242.jpg

Visual  Voicemail-2245.jpg
    08-12-18 08:01 PM

This has been covered sooooo many times. This is a carrier/android thing. Yes despite it being natively supported in android 6+, the carriers have to provision it and very VERY few do. And zero up here in Canada do.

Edit: oh apparently Telus supports a couple of android devices for vvm in Canada which is promising that there is movement at least.
    08-13-18 09:07 AM

You referring to when the VM would be in the HUB like a message and all you had to do was select it to hear the sound file? I too miss those days...
    08-13-18 02:54 PM
    Actually, it was Blackberry Mobile that rid of wifi calling, so it's not a carrier issue. BB Mobile support emailed me that they will "fix" the issue with future update, which I hoped wouMonday, August 13, 2018 be the ABE, but unfortunately it wasn't.
    08-13-18 10:41 PM
    Actually, it was Blackberry Mobile that rid of wifi calling, so it's not a carrier issue. BB Mobile support emailed me that they will "fix" the issue with future update, which I hoped wouMonday, August 13, 2018 be the ABE, but unfortunately it wasn't.
    Mines works, what carrier do you have?

Edit to say: oops, didn't notice this was Key2. I have a KeyOne but my WiFi calling works just fine.
    08-14-18 01:11 AM
    Not true. I spoke to a corporate rep from AT&T and he said AT&T does not support it.
    08-14-18 06:22 AM
    I have att and visual Voice mail works fine. I believe mine is a carrier app.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-14-18 06:30 AM
77 123 ...