Hey everyone,

I noted that for the KEY2, if you run an application in landscape mode and you push a key on the physical keyboard, the virtual keyboard always pops up. Is there a way to disable this kind of behavior? When running applications in portrait mode, typing on the physical keyboard doesn't pull up the virtual keyboard so I was hoping the same behavior could be made for landscape?

This is kind of annoying because some games or applications run better in landscape, but every time you push a keyboard button, the whole virtual keyboard appears and takes up all your viewing realestate. Any suggestions?
    Marek Omasta likes this.
    08-30-19 01:21 PM
    Hey everyone,

I noted that for the KEY2, if you run an application in landscape mode and you push a key on the physical keyboard, the virtual keyboard always pops up. Is there a way to disable this kind of behavior? When running applications in portrait mode, typing on the physical keyboard doesn't pull up the virtual keyboard so I was hoping the same behavior could be made for landscape?

This is kind of annoying because some games or applications run better in landscape, but every time you push a keyboard button, the whole virtual keyboard appears and takes up all your viewing realestate. Any suggestions?
    Hi, afaik you can't disable that in BlackBerry Keyboard. I've looked for that toggle many times. Annoying as hell sometimes.

What you can do is install some dummy/lightweight keyboard app that does respect the Show virtual keyboard setting even in landscape and switch to it in landscape manually.

It becomes even more annoying when you have to switch between BlackBerry Keyboard and the alternative keyboard but it's comfortable enough when you don't need it for a longer period of time (such as using an external keyboard + screen projection).

I use one that's called Hacker's Keyboard.
    08-30-19 01:42 PM