I remember seeing a link to verizon which listed byod devices in which they whitelist but can't find it anymore /: would be great to dig up in anticipation of the key2 launch among other byod devices folks hope to bring to verizon
    https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...evice-showcase
    portplayer likes this.
    06-25-18 02:56 PM
    Found this document on Verizon's sight that listed the Android devices they allow on their network.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-2843

I assume they update it frequently but then again this document is dated May 23rd. Note that May 23rd was the release date of the HTC U12 which I believe is the newest phone on that list.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-25-18 03:54 PM
    Found this document on Verizon's sight that listed the Android devices they allow on their network.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-2843

I assume they updated it frequently but then again this document is dated May 23. Note that May 23rd was the release date of the HTC U12 which I believe is the newest phone on that list.
    This was the one I was looking for. Good looks.
    fcaputo4 likes this.
    06-25-18 04:02 PM
    I have always purchased my smartphones through a carrier (Verizon for the past 10 years), so I could use from help with understanding this process. Can someone walk me through the steps of setting up an unlocked Key2 using my Verizon number [even if I can only access data via LTE]. If for Verizon does not work out for me, I may switch to StraightTalk for some other non-contract service until the dust settles with respect to Verizon LTE coverage and move away from CDMA. Again, can someone walk me through the steps?
    I can tell you that purchasing an unlocked phone that is able to run on Verizon is as easy as buying the phone and putting your sim in. You don't even have to call anymore to have them update your IMEI, it does it automatically.

I did exactly this with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ but the device was officially supported by Verizon so the the worry of issues weren't present.

If you are interested in giving the device a pre-order and trying it during the return period just pre-order it, pop your sim in when you get it and see what happens. All the articles posted on this thread make it seem like the device might get whitelisted and as long as 4GLTE service is available you are golden.

I'm rocking my KEYᵒⁿᵉ so no huge rush for me to get the KEY² especially with it not being officially supported. I'll let the dust settle and follow this forums to see what happens with the KEY² on VZW.
    FF22 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-25-18 07:21 PM
    Can anyone post the article that was on here about the non CDMA device running on Verizon and it was good. I tried looking for it but couldn't find...

Nevermind, did a little Googling

https://www.androidcentral.com/us-un...and-thats-okay
    06-25-18 07:22 PM
    Got my key2 today -2 us model and it registered with Verizon 4g lte and then went to no service any suggestions? Verizon KEY2 waiting room.-img_8638.jpg
    06-25-18 07:26 PM
    Got my key2 today -2 us model and it registered with Verizon 4g lte and then went to no service any suggestions? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8638.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	437186
    It won't work fully until Verizon white lists the device, if even they do...
    portplayer likes this.
    06-25-18 08:10 PM
    That specific KEYone model or any KEYone model that is not the BBB100-3 is not on Verizon's whitelist. That is why you would be able to use data only.

The difference in this case is that there was a CDMA version of the KEYone (BBB100-3) so that is the only model of the KEYone that Verizon whitelisted. For the Key2, there is no CDMA version so they will whitelist the US unlocked version which is the BBF100-2.
    Why do you think they will whitelist it? Are there any non-CDMA phones on that list?
    06-25-18 08:48 PM
    I can tell you that purchasing an unlocked phone that is able to run on Verizon is as easy as buying the phone and putting your sim in. You don't even have to call anymore to have them update your IMEI, it does it automatically.

I did exactly this with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ but the device was officially supported by Verizon so the the worry of issues weren't present.

If you are interested in giving the device a pre-order and trying it during the return period just pre-order it, pop your sim in when you get it and see what happens. All the articles posted on this thread make it seem like the device might get whitelisted and as long as 4GLTE service is available you are golden.

I'm rocking my KEYᵒⁿᵉ so no huge rush for me to get the KEY² especially with it not being officially supported. I'll let the dust settle and follow this forums to see what happens with the KEY² on VZW.
    KEYone was whitelisted which isn't quite the same as fully supported.
    06-25-18 08:49 PM
    KEYone was whitelisted which isn't quite the same as fully supported.
    To me it doesn't matter if it's not "Fully Supported" I use my KEYᵒⁿᵉ like I did my PRIV and notice no difference. I'm hopeful they will whitelist the KEY² and I'll happily buy it and run it on Verizon.
    06-25-18 08:52 PM
    To me it doesn't matter if it's not "Fully Supported" I use my KEYᵒⁿᵉ like I did my PRIV and notice no difference. I'm hopeful they will whitelist the KEY² and I'll happily buy it and run it on Verizon.
    Fair enough. Only difference I have noticed is no wifi calling and no visual voice-mail.
    06-25-18 08:54 PM
    Fair enough. Only difference I have noticed is no wifi calling and no visual voice-mail.
    Yeah I did like the visual voicemail through VZW with my PRIV but YouMail is my replacement and does just fine. Wifi calling is nice occasionally but barely miss it.
    06-25-18 09:08 PM
    Please read through this thread if you are still confused about this. The Key2 BBF100-2 will work on Verizon once they whitelist which will happen when the phone is released. There are a bunch of non CDMA, LTE only phones that Verizon has whitelisted and the Key2 is not yet on that list. Be patient until the official US release and I'm 99.9% positive they will update the list on July 13th to include it and the Key2 will work on their network without any issues.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-25-18 11:32 PM
    Got my key2 today -2 us model and it registered with Verizon 4g lte and then went to no service any suggestions? Click image for larger version. 

Yes, if the settings are similar to the KEYone.

Settings > more(under wireless & netrworks) > cellular networks > preferred network type > lte/cdma or lte only...

Ultimately you need to change the preferred network type to get the device to not switch to no service.

Whether the device will receive calls and sms, probably not but you will have consistent lte data connection that doesn't drop to no network.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-26-18 04:36 AM

Told yall it won't work on VZW.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-18 05:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Idk who you're referring to as yall. I myself am pessimistic about verizon ever whitelisting the key2 yet, the phone is not officially released for any carrier! Of course it doesn't work yet if at all.
    06-26-18 05:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Of course it's not going to work on Verizon right now, the phone is not yet on their WHITELIST and hasn't even been released in the US. It is not that hard to understand.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-26-18 06:19 AM
    You were right I got the data to stay connected but when I try to make a call I get this error message.
    06-26-18 07:11 AM
    You were right I got the data to stay connected but when I try to make a call I get this error message. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...93fcfc9640.jpg
    Cool beans. Are you saying there is a preferred network lte/cdma? Or did use an lte only preferred network type?

Regarding the error message you need to wait until Verizon whitelists it, if at all.

There's a couple things I can suggest too as a workaround but they're not a fix all nor are they guaranteed to work.
    06-26-18 07:15 AM
    Cool beans. Are you saying there is a preferred network lte/cdma? Or did use an lte only preferred network type?

Regarding the error message you need to wait until Verizon whitelists it, if at all.

There's a couple things I can suggest too as a workaround but they're not a fix all nor are they guaranteed to work.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-26-18 07:17 AM
    Interesting it says LTE/CDMA.
    06-26-18 07:19 AM
    06-26-18 07:25 AM
    Interesting it says LTE/CDMA.
    My KEYone's software has the same preferred network type even though there is no cdma radio in my device.

Verizon KEY2 waiting room.-screenshot_20180626-083708.jpg
    06-26-18 07:37 AM
    Perhaps lazy coding then?
    06-26-18 07:38 AM
    Are you able to access the advanced calling submenu?
    06-26-18 07:39 AM
1,230 ... 56789 ...