Attached is a Key2 LE thread started by a VZW rep one month ago that ultimately led to a VZW customer getting their Key 2 and Key2 LE phones to fully function.

Bc it seemed to good to be true, I then spoke with VZW tech who's a BB fan. His best advice was make sure you have a return policy before buying Key2 or Key2 LE but otherwise, everything listed in this thread should allow you to send/receive text, phone calls, etc.

Good luck, everyone!

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/950691
    Thanks for posting this. To make it a little simpler (because that link is quite long), here are the steps that people have reported are necessary to make a Key2 or Key2 LE work properly:

1) You need a new SIM card
    2) Then have tier 2 support put a ticket in to have your phones IMEI added to the device management server
    3) Once that is done have them add the CDMA-free feature on your account

NOTE: Step 2 might not be necessary - you might be able to have them provision your line as CDMA-less without Step 2.

I am personally waiting for more Key2 bugs to be sorted out (for example the most recent update caused WiFi challenges) before I make the plunge. I can't afford for my phone to have bugs - I am far too busy with my business to deal with that...
    12-06-18 12:43 PM
    So I made one final call to VZW and for the first time was rudely treated by a rep. She hung up on me and deactivated my Priv. I called back when my wife got home on her phone and insisted on talking to a supervisor. He was very apologetic and I told him that an earlier rep had left a message for me that there was some kind of progress. This was after they told me that there was nothing esle that they could do.

In any case, he said that they had me configured as a Key2 LE for quite some time, and that the DMD didn't do anything but the rep from a few days earlier had opened a help desk ticket. Whatever they did apparently worked and I now have a fully working Key2 on VZW.

I had literally just looked up the nearest T-mobile store and we were headed over there as soon as I was done registering the complaint.

They never give you enough information to really help other people, but hopefully this experience helps someone.
    RAM73 likes this.
    12-09-18 06:12 PM
    So I made one final call to VZW and for the first time was rudely treated by a rep. She hung up on me and deactivated my Priv. I called back when my wife got home on her phone and insisted on talking to a supervisor. He was very apologetic and I told him that an earlier rep had left a message for me that there was some kind of progress. This was after they told me that there was nothing esle that they could do.

In any case, he said that they had me configured as a Key2 LE for quite some time, and that the DMD didn't do anything but the rep from a few days earlier had opened a help desk ticket. Whatever they did apparently worked and I now have a fully working Key2 on VZW.

I had literally just looked up the nearest T-mobile store and we were headed over there as soon as I was done registering the complaint.

They never give you enough information to really help other people, but hopefully this experience helps someone.
    So.... Keeping the VZW KEY2 or jumping ship to T-Mo ?
    12-10-18 06:09 AM

I'm going through this now. I called and got directly to level 2 support. I told them I needed to have the phone added to the device management server (is this the DMD?), and so the rep submitted the request and told me to wait a few days. Here a few days later, it still doesn't work... no calls, just internet working. He politely obliged my request but he was not knowledgeable or optimistic about it. Did you ever get a ticket number or a direct rep that I can contact?

Also, I'm curious about the SIM cards. I went to my local store and got a new one. I told them I needed a CDMA-less SIM and they told me that they were all the same, they only had one kind and this was what they gave me. The rep was nice but disagreed when I said that CDMA was going away in about a year she told me that all of the phones used CDMA. So I'm hoping I got the correct SIM card.
    Last edited by azmojo; Today at 12:56 PM.
    Today 12:37 PM
    So.... Keeping the VZW KEY2 or jumping ship to T-Mo ?
    Staying with VZW.
    Today 02:09 PM
    I'm going through this now. I called and got directly to level 2 support. I told them I needed to have the phone added to the device management server (is this the DMD?), and so the rep submitted the request and told me to wait a few days. Here a few days later, it still doesn't work... no calls, just internet working. He politely obliged my request but he was not knowledgeable or optimistic about it. Did you ever get a ticket number or a direct rep that I can contact?

Also, I'm curious about the SIM cards. I went to my local store and got a new one. I told them I needed a CDMA-less SIM and they told me that they were all the same, they only had one kind and this was what they gave me. The rep was nice but disagreed when I said that CDMA was going away in about a year she told me that all of the phones used CDMA. So I'm hoping I got the correct SIM card.
    DMD is Device Mgmt Database. They don't give you a reference number and you are probably wasting your time by waiting. Just call back. You never get the same rep unless by sheer luck, they do NOT want you to request a specific rep or developing any kind of accountability if the rep doesn't accomplish anything.

You should also have an NRB ticket, but that doesn't do much either, as far as I can tell. The VZW store rep gave me this number (866-221-4096) and said that was 2nd level support, and they claimed to be 2nd level, but no one really knew much. One rep filled out an IT ticket, which didn't do anything but he also filled out a "help desk" ticket, and that finally seemed to do something, but when I dialed into the rude rep, she claimed to know nothing about it. Only after I complained and got to a "supervisor", was he able to reference the help desk ticket and finally get it to work. Everyone (except the rude one) was very polite, just useless (except the guy that went the extra step for the help desk ticket request.

The supervisor seemed to have experience with the Key2, no one else did.

They are absolutely stopping support for CDMA on all new phones at the end of 2019. All new SIM cards SHOULD be CDMA-less, but who knows. CDMA-less MMS must be provisioned on the Key2 (or Key2LE if they are using that to spoof their own system) to receive texts.

As of now, the phone has been working great for a week on a long business trip. The only remaining complaint is that I can't receive texted pictures on Signal, but I haven't had time to Google a solution. I am using Messenger for now until/if I can debug Signal.
    Today 02:25 PM
1,106 ... 434445