First of all.... Yay 1000 posts.

As for the SIM card, I have two new ones that I have tried. Both work in my KEY2 LE's and KEYone. So far, no luck receiving texts on the KEY2. I spoke with Tech Level 2, which said it was a device issue, for it showed I was receiving them in their system.
    The SIM I am using is 2 years old, got it with my GS8 when it was new....actually can't remember could be from 2 years of before that in my GS4. Either way, it's old.
    Last edited by csalmon1; 11-07-18 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Adding more details
    11-07-18 09:19 PM
    Ok, my VVM did not activate. And again, my 3 or so month old Sim card was in it. I couldn't receive texts only send them. My Key2 is a BBF100-2 running the October update.
    Looks like I'll be headed to the God forsaken VZW store for a sim
    11-08-18 01:03 AM
    Woa.. What did I miss? Key2 working on verizon?? Which model #??
    Looks that way!
    11-08-18 01:05 AM
    Looks that way!
    This is groundbreaking... waiting to see if this holds up

Posted via CB10
    11-08-18 11:18 AM
    This is groundbreaking... waiting to see if this holds up

Posted via CB10
    Got that right! Headed to VZW store tomorrow or Saturday for a new SIM. We shall see
    ikalinin likes this.
    11-08-18 11:37 AM
    Looking forward to your update.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    11-08-18 11:38 AM
    yes.. please keep us updated.. im getting ready to order one again if its confirmed.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    11-08-18 12:52 PM
    Quick update - some are reporting that it works, while others are reporting that they needed to call tech support to get it fixed (even with a new SIM), while others are saying it didn't work and tech support couldn't resolve it. I have heard that escalating to Level 3 tech support is the best odds of resolving it if the new SIM doesn't work...
    Mamaluka likes this.
    11-08-18 04:54 PM
    yes.. please keep us updated.. im getting ready to order one again if its confirmed.
    I assure you, I won't be "that guy" who says they're going to follow up, then months later, crickets lol....i hate those guys!
    11-08-18 05:11 PM
    Quick update - some are reporting that it works, while others are reporting that they needed to call tech support to get it fixed (even with a new SIM), while others are saying it didn't work and tech support couldn't resolve it. I have heard that escalating to Level 3 tech support is the best odds of resolving it if the new SIM doesn't work...
    Regardless... and I'm this is just my assumption, but it seems that the Key2 is gradually starting to work just like the LE since I guess Verizon is working on the technical stuff daily. Assuming this would one expect eventually both devices will work fully in the near future?

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    11-08-18 05:20 PM
    I 100% agree. Just wanted to make sure I updated everyone to set the right expectations for anyone who is trying it :-) Trust me when I tell you that I would strongly prefer to get the Key2 vs Key2 LE due to the capacitative keyboard + larger keys so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Thanks to anyone who gives this is a try!
    11-08-18 06:56 PM
    11-09-18 07:38 AM
    any news?
    I get finished at work around 3pm eastern US time. Heading straight to VZ store
    11-09-18 08:12 AM
    I get finished at work around 3pm eastern US time. Heading straight to VZ store
    i think you need to get your priorities straight. leave work and go do this for us
    Mamaluka and bibbula like this.
    11-09-18 09:17 AM
    i think you need to get your priorities straight. leave work and go do this for us

Almost done! Might even be an hour early! NYC traffic took it easy on me today. Woot woot
    11-09-18 11:46 AM
    Son of a B!!!! They're renovating my Verizon store!!!
    Livermore likes this.
    11-09-18 02:21 PM
    Oh well, looks like tomorrow for me. The one time in years I actually need a Verizon store and they're closed.
    11-09-18 02:31 PM
    Got it working finally... took both my Key2 and Key2 LE down to the Verizon store. Asked the young lady if I could look at the options they had for the account. Clicked on CDMA-Less Provisioning and suddenly all my texts started flowing into both devices.
    Mamaluka, phuoc and Livermore like this.
    11-09-18 04:49 PM
    Got it working finally... took both my Key2 and Key2 LE down to the Verizon store. Asked the young lady if I could look at the options they had for the account. Clicked on CDMA-Less Provisioning and suddenly all my texts started flowing into both devices.
    Wow, you saved me time and trouble. Now when I hit the other Verizon store tomorrow, I know what to say. I was just gonna go in there tonight and get a new SIM.
    11-09-18 04:51 PM
    Not sure if you need a new SIM... I neglected to mention the reason for me going into the store was the “helpful” tech on the phone disabled both of my SIM cards this morning and I needed to go into the store to get new ones. But as she was processing it I asked to see her tablet and she provisioned it as a CDMA-Less device
    Mamaluka likes this.
    11-09-18 04:54 PM
    I got a new SIM and got everything working on the Key2 except for incoming texts (outgoing work). Called verizon tier 2 support and they say that the CDMA-Less option is automatically checked off for this phone. Stuck...
    11-10-18 01:22 PM
    So you're saying that in your case, the KEY2 is just as compatible with VZW as the LE ?
    11-10-18 01:33 PM
    So you're saying that in your case, the KEY2 is just as compatible with VZW as the LE ?
    It appears so, but if the situation changes at any time, only the LE comes with a Verizon "guarantee".
    11-10-18 01:36 PM
    Yes, both working equally well.
    And made friends with the business rep at my local store.
    If it changes I'll grab a Key2 LE
    11-10-18 01:47 PM
    It appears so, but if the situation changes at any time, only the LE comes with a Verizon "guarantee".
    Which means there won't be a new headline in CB titled "The KEY2 is also Verizon compatible!"
    11-10-18 01:49 PM
1,230 ... 3940414243 ...