Yeah this is ultimately what I had to do. I had read in previous posts, people claiming they were able use the IMEIs from other CDMA-less phones, which according to the tech-2 support person's manager was possible in theory, but not in practice as there were no other ones on this account. Reading through Amazon's return policy made it seem like it wouldn't be possible to return a Key2 LE to them, so I had to drive ~30 miles to the only Best Buy which even had one in stock near me, twice, and eat a $35 fee to return it because Verizon's stupid activation policies. It seems like tier-2 support isnt really nesseccary, as the tier 1 guy was able to add that SFO code for CDMA-less provisioning.
    06-10-19 10:39 AM
    It seems like tier-2 support isnt really nesseccary, as the tier 1 guy was able to add that SFO code for CDMA-less provisioning.
    Or you just got a T1 person who:

- Knew it was possible.
    - Was in a good mood
    - Wanted to actually help you out and not pawn you off.
    - Is trying to become T2
    - etc.

Support has many variables including how close the rep is to clocking out ha!
    06-10-19 11:22 AM
    Just got my Key2. I'm waiting on T2 to add cdma-less feature to my account. Apparently it takes between 24-48 hours. The rep on the phone said to put the SIM back in. I hope it works. She seemed convinced that I should have got 100-3 or 100-5 instead of the 100-2 I purchased.
    06-13-19 07:06 AM
    Just got my Key2. I'm waiting on T2 to add cdma-less feature to my account. Apparently it takes between 24-48 hours. The rep on the phone said to put the SIM back in. I hope it works. She seemed convinced that I should have got 100-3 or 100-5 instead of the 100-2 I purchased.
    May be missing something but I don't see BBF100-3 or -5 listed anywhere.
    06-13-19 07:06 PM
    Hello. I was able to download QuickShortcutMaker and did as you said. Opened up the Arda, clicked Try, then clicked IMS, then IMS Services, and unchecked Skip VZW self activation and go back and press create. The problem is that I restart the phone afterward and when I check back on Skip VZW self activation it is again checked. Why is that?
    06-13-19 11:52 PM
    Thanks.

I would like to also add a couple side notes that may help those looking to do the same:

I own multiple iOS and Android devices that I alternate on my Verizon account. Once the CDMA less code was added with a new SIM provisioned, I was able and still am able to hot-swap my SIM between CDMA capable devices and Non-CDMA devices. It seems the code/new SIM is the gateway to use multiple devices on Verizon at the moment.

I also had some initial activation issues where the service wasn't turning over. I downloaded and installed Quick Shortcut Maker using the ARDA command and unchecked the "skip VZW self activation" under IMS settings..this seemed to push things through..could be placebo but it worked and registered. After a device reboot it is checked back on and I haven't messed with it and all is still good.
    For some reason every time I uncheck Skip VZW self activation I restart the phone, it reverts back to checked. Am I doing something wrong?
    06-18-19 07:46 PM
    Yes, I was told today that they would be selling the Key2 (the same exact dates of June 29 and July 13 in fact). It maybe sold only on the business side.
    Well, it's July 13th. We did have two separate reports in this thread citing these dates for the Key2 being whitelisted and sold by Verizon. Has anyone heard any updates on this?
    07-13-19 11:57 AM
    I just had an extensive conversation with a seemingly knowledgeable VZW Business Telesales rep who's familiar with both the Key2 and Key2LE.

She told me the Key2 is still not on their list of "approved devices" for activation on their network, but that I could give them the IMEI to be sure. Of course, that would probably requirement to actually buy a Key2 not knowing if I could use it on my mobile network of choice.

I don't understand whey VZW will activate Key2LE devices on their network but not Key2 devices. Presumably they have the exact same radios inside. Does anyone here have any theories?
    07-15-19 11:29 AM
    It's not a guarantee Verizon will activate the Key2LE and it will be fully functional Day 1 that you purchase it and bring it to them and even less likelihood that they will do that for Key2.
    07-15-19 08:43 PM
    I just had an extensive conversation with a seemingly knowledgeable VZW Business Telesales rep who's familiar with both the Key2 and Key2LE.

She told me the Key2 is still not on their list of "approved devices" for activation on their network, but that I could give them the IMEI to be sure. Of course, that would probably requirement to actually buy a Key2 not knowing if I could use it on my mobile network of choice.

I don't understand whey VZW will activate Key2LE devices on their network but not Key2 devices. Presumably they have the exact same radios inside. Does anyone here have any theories?
    The LE is VZW certified
    the_boon likes this.
    07-15-19 09:34 PM
    Well, it's July 13th. We did have two separate reports in this thread citing these dates for the Key2 being whitelisted and sold by Verizon. Has anyone heard any updates on this?
    It's pretty much moot at this point because the Key2 is out of stock from official sources and the LE is not far behind.
    07-17-19 04:04 AM
    It's pretty much moot at this point because the Key2 is out of stock from official sources and the LE is not far behind.
    Oh wow, had no idea they were out of stock. Odd considering VZW had apparently been telling people they'd be selling the Key2.
    07-17-19 05:21 PM
    Its been a while since my last post wanted to update my situation. Ordered Key2LE from Verizon on my business account received it Thursday popped in my sim from my iPhone and couldn't receive sms. Quick call to customer service and they did something in the system to show it was a cdmaless unit and Walla started to receive texts, voicemails everything was working fine. So I give it a few hours to settle in and swap the Verizon sim into my Key2 and so far so good it's been 24hours or better and the Key2 is working flawless including Hotspot, native vvm from the phone.
    11-09-19 09:51 AM
    Its been a while since my last post wanted to update my situation. Ordered Key2LE from Verizon on my business account received it Thursday popped in my sim from my iPhone and couldn't receive sms. Quick call to customer service and they did something in the system to show it was a cdmaless unit and Walla started to receive texts, voicemails everything was working fine. So I give it a few hours to settle in and swap the Verizon sim into my Key2 and so far so good it's been 24hours or better and the Key2 is working flawless including Hotspot, native vvm from the phone.
    Wow. So, can you please tell me if the call Recents and History in the native phone app is showing names and not just numbers?

And if you go into Phone > Settings > Calls > Additional Settings are you able to see all the options in Additional Settings okay?

And if I may ask, would you please PM me so we might communicate more directly? (I just lost two weeks from my life conferring with BlackBerry tech support and Verizon tech support about activating a Key2. I activated a SIM at a Verizon store in a Verizon approved CDMA-less phone as tech support said to do and "almost" everything works, and now I'm on the brink of returning the Key2 to Go Talk, who is beyond incompetent/unethical in my experience, while the request a Verizon tech submitted a week ago today for adding my IMEI to the DMD still has not been worked, and they're saying even then it may not get approved to be listed and even if it is it still may not make the call names and Additional Settings work.) Thank you!
    11-09-19 02:44 PM
    Wow. So, can you please tell me if the call Recents and History in the native phone app is showing names and not just numbers?

And if you go into Phone > Settings > Calls > Additional Settings are you able to see all the options in Additional Settings okay?

And if I may ask, would you please PM me so we might communicate more directly? (I just lost two weeks from my life conferring with BlackBerry tech support and Verizon tech support about activating a Key2. I activated a SIM at a Verizon store in a Verizon approved CDMA-less phone as tech support said to do and "almost" everything works, and now I'm on the brink of returning the Key2 to Go Talk, who is beyond incompetent/unethical in my experience, while the request a Verizon tech submitted a week ago today for adding my IMEI to the DMD still has not been worked, and they're saying even then it may not get approved to be listed and even if it is it still may not make the call names and Additional Settings work.) Thank you!
    Not to be rude but this isn’t a surprise as the Key2 isn’t certified for use on VZW and that’s been stated repeatedly here.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    11-09-19 04:29 PM
    I'm on the brink of returning the Key2 to Go Talk, who is beyond incompetent/unethical in my experience
    If you would, please enlighten us with your experience with GoTalk that has you feeling this way.

Thanks...

Bob
    11-09-19 04:33 PM
    Not to be rude but this isn’t a surprise as the Key2 isn’t certified for use on VZW and that’s been stated repeatedly here.
    I understand that, and yet I have two techs in BlackBerry tech support and two supervisors in Verizon tier-2 tech support emphatically insist that it will work if done right, which they said is to activate the SIM in an approved CDMA-less phone and have the IMEI added to the account as an approved device. So, we'll see -- the latter was submitted a week ago and so far there's been no outcome -- the Verizon techs tell me it should be either completed or declined any day now.
    11-11-19 06:52 AM
    At first I was encouraged by your post and was excited about buying an unlocked Key2 LE from BestBuy, which is now available. But then I read your post again and noticed yours was purchased from Verizon (business division sells it, only to business accounts), so I don't know that an unlocked Key2 LE from BestBuy is going to do any better than the Samsung A10e I used to activate my SIM and trigger the CDMA-less feature (which has everything on my Key2 working except Caller ID and access to the Additional Settings module in call settings), as I still wait to see if they'll add my IMEI as an approved device to my account.
    11-11-19 06:55 AM
    If you would, please enlighten us with your experience with GoTalk that has you feeling this way.

Thanks...

Bob
    I bought the Key2 from them. The fingerprint sensor was intermittent so I emailed them saying I had found online and from talking with BlackBerry tech support that it's a known issue on some units. I told them BlackBerry tech support is on board to help me get a more recent build if they'll share an IMEI or two with BlackBerry, who will instantly tell them if it's a newer build or not. They were entirely uncooperative and simply said the only thing they can suggest is that I send the phone in to them and they will evaluate it and decide what to do.

I said I was not going to do that. I said I was going to buy another unit and try it. I asked if they have a cutoff time for having a unit ship the same day (they ship USPS or FedEx Priority at a higher fee). They wrote back the cutoff time is 2 PM Pacific.

I ordered the second unit and paid for FedEx Priority. This was before 2 PM Pacific, last Wednesday. Their system emailed back the order confirmation right away, and about twenty minutes later their system emailed me saying the status had changed to Shipped. This was still well before 2 PM Pacific time (meaning I expected it to arrive the next morning). The status in my account online said the tracking information will be updated within 24 hours.

Thursday morning came and went and no delivery came. Late Thursday there was still no tracking information. Friday morning came and went and there was still no delivery. Late Friday afternoon the tracking information was still not updated (meaning none had yet even been entered), so I emailed them asking what's up and they emailed back that it had shipped and that the tracking information would be updated by that evening. By the middle of the weekend, which was the last time I checked, there was still no delivery and no tracking information -- meaning I still have no tracking number or even confirmation that it has shipped yet, just them saying so. That status in my account still says what it's said from the first day, that the tracking information will be updated within 24 hours. It says nothing else.

And as to returning the first device, well, that's even more of a fun scenario.

Their website has a main phone number, but calling that just gets a voicemail that says it's best to communication by email. Fine.

Their website has a section with info on returns. It says returns for refund can be made within 14 days of delivery. It says to first fill in the Return Request Form on their site, which is also what they told me by email I had to do. Their site also says that if there are any questions about their return/refund process to call the seperate number they provide for that -- except dialing that number got me that series of beeps and voice saying the "call can't be completed as dialed", meaning it's not a working number.

So, I emailed them asking two questions:

1. How long does it typically take them to respond to the Return Request Form.

2. Does the 14 days mean the Return Request Form has to be submitted within 14 days, or that the item must have been shipped back to them (with tracking information) within the 14 days.

They emailed me back saying the unit has to arrive back at their location within the 14 days.

I emailed back saying they neglected to answer my question about how long it takes them to respond to the Return Request Form.

They wrote back that it takes "two working days."

I wrote back, "That's nice. So, then, of course your 14 days return window is 14 working days, correct?"

They wrote back, "It's 14 days."

Need I elaborate on where that puts someone who decides, say, nine days into the 14-day period that they want to submit the Return Request Form so they can return the device for a refund -- unless they submit the form on a Monday or Tuesday and are prepared to ship overnight the moment they get a response to the form, assuming they can get it shipped out that same day? What happens to the person who is nine days in and decided to submit the form on a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
    11-11-19 07:24 AM
    I understand that, and yet I have two techs in BlackBerry tech support and two supervisors in Verizon tier-2 tech support emphatically insist that it will work if done right, which they said is to activate the SIM in an approved CDMA-less phone and have the IMEI added to the account as an approved device. So, we'll see -- the latter was submitted a week ago and so far there's been no outcome -- the Verizon techs tell me it should be either completed or declined any day now.
    I’m basically posting since there’s an element of members swearing VZW treats Key2 same as LE and negative comments would or could harm Key2 sales or scare prospective customers away. Members like yourself then get frustrated when the issues you have are really more common than expected. I’m sure unbiased accurate information would be preferred over fanboy positive support that isn’t close to accurate for regular expectations.
    11-11-19 07:37 AM
    I’m basically posting since there’s an element of members swearing VZW treats Key2 same as LE and negative comments would or could harm Key2 sales or scare prospective customers away. Members like yourself then get frustrated when the issues you have are really more common than expected. I’m sure unbiased accurate information would be preferred over fanboy positive support that isn’t close to accurate for regular expectations.
    Well, this is still very confusing for someone trying to do genuine due diligence. The first tier-2 tech support supervisor at Verizon I spoke with:

- checked the bands for the Key2 LE and the Key2 on the BlackBerry website and said since they're identical it will definitely work

- sent me to http://willmyphonework.net and said it shows it will work

- told me she is seeing more and more "uncertified" CDMA-less phones added successfully to their network and working fine

And, again, a few techs at BlackBerry and another Verizon tier-2 tech support supervisor told me it will work.

Having said that, there were certainly also a few techs at both BlackBerry and Verizon who said they're not sure.

And I'm still not sure if that form that was submitted to add my IMEI/device will be successful or not. A few techs and one tech support supervisor at Verizon said it's pretty standard procedure -- yet, a few other techs at Verizon have told me not to expect it to work.

We do have to keep in mind, in supporting your position that it won't work and shouldn't be expected to, that a lot of the confusion probably lies in the fact that, as in my case thus far, most of the features/functions work but a few do not. Some people might report that as successfully working -- just as I mistakenly did when I started a thread entitled "How I activated my Key2 on Verizon."

So, to be clear, you're pretty sure the Key2 is simp[ly not going to end up working 100% properly on Verizon regardless of whether they work the request form for adding the IMEI/device to my account, or whether I activate my SIM in a Key2 LE?

In other words, if I want to stay with Verizon I really should accept the fact that the Key2 is not an option, period, end of story?

Man, if that's the case, I couldn't agree with you more that I would love to have saved myself over two weeks of lost time in vain!

I almost feel I need to play this out to see what happens if and when they work the request form to add the IMEI/device, and maybe even try to activate in a Key2 LE I buy from (and return to) Best Buy, just so I can help clarify this for others! For goodness sake, one would like to think consistent input from multiple techs at BlackBerry and multiple tier-2 tech support supervisors at Verizon should be reliable. If that's not the case, well, I'm sorry I lost so much time (and expense) and hope others can be spared.
    11-11-19 07:53 AM
    Well, this is still very confusing for someone trying to do genuine due diligence. The first tier-2 tech support supervisor at Verizon I spoke with:

- checked the bands for the Key2 LE and the Key2 on the BlackBerry website and said since they're identical it will definitely work

- sent me to http://willmyphonework.net and said it shows it will work

- told me she is seeing more and more "uncertified" CDMA-less phones added successfully to their network and working fine

And, again, a few techs at BlackBerry and another Verizon tier-2 tech support supervisor told me it will work.

Having said that, there were certainly also a few techs at both BlackBerry and Verizon who said they're not sure.

And I'm still not sure if that form that was submitted to add my IMEI/device will be successful or not. A few techs and one tech support supervisor at Verizon said it's pretty standard procedure.

We do have to keep in mind, in supporting your position that it won't work and shouldn't be expected to, that a lot of the confusion probably lies in the fact that, as in my case thus far, most of the features/functions work but a few do not. Some people might report that as successfully working -- just as I mistakenly did when I started a thread entitled "How I activated my Key2 on Verizon."

So, to be clear, you're pretty sure the Key2 is simp[ly not going to end up working 100% properly on Verizon regardless of whether they work the request for for adding the IMEI/device to my account, or whether I activate my SIM in a Key2 LE?

In other words, if I want to stay with Verizon I really should accept the fact that the Key2 is not an option, period, end of story?

Man, if that's the case, I couldn't agree with you more that I would love to have saved myself over two weeks of lost time in vain!

I almost feel I need to play this out to see what happens if and when they work the request form to add the IMEI/device, and maybe even try to activate in a Key2 LE I buy from (and return to) Best Buy, just so I can help clarify this for others! For goodness sake, one would like to think consistent input from multiple techs at BlackBerry and multiple tier-2 tech support supervisors at Verizon should be reliable. If that's not the case, well, I'm sorry I lost so much time (and expense) and hope others can be spared.
    The problem is that everyone has different level or definition of what functionality is. When Key2 first came out, we had members swearing 1) certification doesn’t matter on LTE devices
    2) VZW supports BYOD in all it’s glory without CDMA

When it turned out initially, people could only get data up and running.
    Swore calling and texting possible just needed Google Voice number and on it went. So here we are. Key2 on VZW, sure, will function at some level. The VZW certified LE will function even better. The VZW branded LE will function the best. Unfortunately even that may not be perfect functionality with all enhanced calling features.

I’ve posted repeatedly on CB about my AT&T KEYone that doesn’t have WFC supported.
    11-11-19 08:06 AM
    I bought the Key2 from them. The fingerprint sensor was intermittent so I emailed them saying I had found online and from talking with BlackBerry tech support that it's a known issue on some units. I told them BlackBerry tech support is on board to help me get a more recent build if they'll share an IMEI or two with BlackBerry, who will instantly tell them if it's a newer build or not. They were entirely uncooperative and simply said the only thing they can suggest is that I send the phone in to them and they will evaluate it and decide what to do.

I said I was not going to do that. I said I was going to buy another unit and try it. I asked if they have a cutoff time for having a unit ship the same day (they ship USPS or FedEx Priority at a higher fee). They wrote back the cutoff time is 2 PM Pacific.

I ordered the second unit and paid for FedEx Priority. This was before 2 PM Pacific, last Wednesday. Their system emailed back the order confirmation right away, and about twenty minutes later their system emailed me saying the status had changed to Shipped. This was still well before 2 PM Pacific time (meaning I expected it to arrive the next morning). The status in my account online said the tracking information will be updated within 24 hours.

Thursday morning came and went and no delivery came. Late Thursday there was still no tracking information. Friday morning came and went and there was still no delivery. Late Friday afternoon the tracking information was still not updated (meaning none had yet even been entered), so I emailed them asking what's up and they emailed back that it had shipped and that the tracking information would be updated by that evening. By the middle of the weekend, which was the last time I checked, there was still no delivery and no tracking information -- meaning I still have no tracking number or even confirmation that it has shipped yet, just them saying so. That status in my account still says what it's said from the first day, that the tracking information will be updated within 24 hours. It says nothing else.

And as to returning the first device, well, that's even more of a fun scenario.

Their website has a main phone number, but calling that just gets a voicemail that says it's best to communication by email. Fine.

Their website has a section with info on returns. It says returns for refund can be made within 14 days of delivery. It says to first fill in the Return Request Form on their site, which is also what they told me by email I had to do. Their site also says that if there are any questions about their return/refund process to call the seperate number they provide for that -- except dialing that number got me that series of beeps and voice saying the "call can't be completed as dialed", meaning it's not a working number.

So, I emailed them asking two questions:

1. How long does it typically take them to respond to the Return Request Form.

2. Does the 14 days mean the Return Request Form has to be submitted within 14 days, or that the item must have been shipped back to them (with tracking information) within the 14 days.

They emailed me back saying the unit has to arrive back at their location within the 14 days.

I emailed back saying they neglected to answer my question about how long it takes them to respond to the Return Request Form.

They wrote back that it takes "two working days."

I wrote back, "That's nice. So, then, of course your 14 days return window is 14 working days, correct?"

They wrote back, "It's 14 days."

Need I elaborate on where that puts someone who decides, say, nine days into the 14-day period that they want to submit the Return Request Form so they can return the device for a refund -- unless they submit the form on a Monday or Tuesday and are prepared to ship overnight the moment they get a response to the form, assuming they can get it shipped out that same day? What happens to the person who is nine days in and decided to submit the form on a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday?
    Appears GoTalk is seriously lacking with timely Customer Service support. Regarding finding a more recent KEY2 build, it's my understanding that there hasn't been any builds of the KEY2 Black and Silver since December 2018. I'm curious what the build date is of the KEY2 you have currently and the replacement one you have coming from GoTalk. From what I remember reading here, people that purchased KEY2s from GoTalk were reporting August 2018 build dates.

Sorry to hear of your spacebar issues with your KEY2 and attempting to get it working on Verizon. From all I've read here getting a KEY2 working on Verizon with complete features is a challenge... if possible at all.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 11-11-19 at 09:22 AM.
    11-11-19 08:48 AM
    Appears GoTalk is seriously lacking with timely Customer Service support. Regarding finding a more recent KEY2 build, it's my understanding that there hasn't been any builds of the KEY2 Black and Silver since December 2018. I'm curious what the build date is of the KEY2 you have currently and the replacement one you have coming from GoTalk. From what I remember reading here, people that purchased KEY2s from GoTalk were reporting August 2018 build dates.

Sorry to hear of your spacebar issues with your KEY2 and attempting to get it working on Verizon. From all I've read here getting a KEY2 working on Verizon with complete features is a challenge... if possible at all.

Bob
    I doubt GoTalk is more than 2-3 guys running the operation with a fulfillment center doing the shipping. Their "headquarters" address is a shared "virtual office" space in California.
    11-11-19 03:42 PM

Bob
    I should point out that I no longer care about build date as much as I did. I also learned, as you said, that there have been no "recent" builds. What has me less concerned about a different build date than what I first bought is the fact that I've now learned how to run a diagnostic on the Key2 to see exactly how it is or is not reading images with the fingerprint sensor (which I would like to mention is not the same as a "spacebar" issue that others have reported with the LE or Key2), and I also learned that fingertips affect how these sensors do or don't read, and the consistency thereof, way more than one might suspect. Do a search in these forums on fingerprint sensors and you'll see a few threads where I posted the details on what I've learned about all of this.

Getting the Key2 "almost completely" working would be okay for me. The KeyONE never had WiFi Calling working and I never once cared, but all else worked flawlessly.
    11-11-19 09:15 PM
1,230 ... 47484950