Everything has been working for me, calling both ways, texting both ways, data. I first posted the a few pages back in this forum topic. Still working 100% but now nervous since it sounds like others like me are getting disconnected.
    I only read about 1 person getting disconnected...

I did a poll to see whats what..
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-poll-1159322/
    11-15-18 12:15 PM
    We only have 1 instance of someone who had a Key2 working on VZW and then it stopped. We need to find out if others who have a Key2 working on VZW have experienced the same thing. I personally am not jumping to conclusions that the Key2 is not usable on VZW because 1 person experienced a challenge. If multiple people experience the same challenge then that is a different story...

Is anyone else who is using a Key2 on VZW able to tell us whether they ended up disconnected after a day? Thanks.
    11-15-18 01:14 PM
    Sorry - it looks like there is another thread (Poll) that has multiple people using their Key2 on VZW without getting disconnected: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13309502
    11-15-18 01:16 PM
    The problem with this poll is that if it is working, we need to know how long it's been working.
    11-15-18 02:54 PM
    The problem with this poll is that if it is working, we need to know how long it's been working.
    The 1 phone that isn't working was connected for roughly 1 day and then had no service the next day. The first 2 people who posted in the poll (I haven't checked the others) have been connected for multiple days without issues, with the first person having been connected for 2 weeks and the second for a few days. I think we need more people to try to see if it's consistent but my point here is that only 1 person has had the connection challenge when it originally worked properly.
    11-15-18 06:39 PM
    I just received both Key2 and Key2 LE. I went into a Verizon store and got a SIM and all went well with the LE. I have voice/SMS/MMS working for incoming and outgoing. However when I take the SIM out of the LE and put into the Key 2 I have no service. Anyone know how I can get the Key2 working with Verizon?
    11-17-18 03:11 PM
    I just received both Key2 and Key2 LE. I went into a Verizon store and got a SIM and all went well with the LE. I have voice/SMS/MMS working for incoming and outgoing. However when I take the SIM out of the LE and put into the Key 2 I have no service. Anyone know how I can get the Key2 working with Verizon?
    So after toggling the preferred network setting from LTE/UMTS/GSM to LTE/CDMA and then back to LTE/UMTS/GSM (rebooting the device in between) I am now up and running on the Key2
    phuoc likes this.
    11-17-18 04:34 PM
    So after toggling the preferred network setting from LTE/UMTS/GSM to LTE/CDMA and then back to LTE/UMTS/GSM (rebooting the device in between) I am now up and running on the Key2
    Please keep us posted on your thoughts about both of these phones on VZW. I am particularly curious to hear if the reception is identical and whether functional is identical from a VZW perspective. We look forward to your feedback - thanks!
    William Smith40 likes this.
    11-18-18 03:34 PM
    Please keep us posted on your thoughts about both of these phones on VZW. I am particularly curious to hear if the reception is identical and whether functional is identical from a VZW perspective. We look forward to your feedback - thanks!
    I really did not use the LE. I only took it out of the box to get my VZW SIM provisioned. Now that my Key2 is working I will be returning the LE. Reception on the Key2 is good but I am comparing that to my Key1 that was on AT&T. Where I live in Long Island NY the reception on AT&T and Tmobile is horrible forcing me to go to Verizon.
    portplayer likes this.
    11-18-18 04:57 PM
    So before I buy one, is it just the BBF100-2 that's working or is the BBF100-6 working also?
    11-22-18 05:31 PM
    So before I buy one, is it just the BBF100-2 that's working or is the BBF100-6 working also?
    I am using the BBF100-2. I have not seen anyone say they have the BBF100-6 working on Verizon.
    11-23-18 10:23 AM
    So is the consensus that getting the Key2 up and running on VZW requires provisioning the LE first and then using that SIM in the Key2? I know there are multiple simultaneous threads on this and (I think) at least one person who's reported getting the Key2 to work straight away provisioned as a CDMA-less device.

I'd like to get the Key2, because of the touch keyboard, but I don't think I'm going to also buy an LE just to use it to get the Key2 working, if that's the case.
    11-23-18 11:18 AM
    So is the consensus that getting the Key2 up and running on VZW requires provisioning the LE first and then using that SIM in the Key2? I know there are multiple simultaneous threads on this and (I think) at least one person who's reported getting the Key2 to work straight away provisioned as a CDMA-less device.

I'd like to get the Key2, because of the touch keyboard, but I don't think I'm going to also buy an LE just to use it to get the Key2 working, if that's the case.
    I provisioned a SIM using an LE and then put it my Key2. Not sure if it is the only way to get it working however.
    11-23-18 11:22 AM
    I provisioned a SIM using an LE and then put it my Key2. Not sure if it is the only way to get it working however.
    Since the Key2 LE is certified and the Key2 is not, I believe this method is necessary to fool VZW system.
    11-23-18 02:42 PM
    Since the Key2 LE is certified and the Key2 is not, I believe this method is necessary to fool VZW system.
    Lol, that's gonna make for a real slim amount of key2's provisioned, if so.
    11-23-18 05:48 PM
    Lol, that's gonna make for a real slim amount of key2's provisioned, if so.
    Well, before the LE, the Key2 didn’t operate for voice or text on VZW network. I don’t see how certifying the LE also certifies the Key2, otherwise, this would be epic ineptness on both VZW and BBMo/TCL parts.
    11-23-18 07:57 PM
    I'd love to have a K2 on Verizon. But, who has the $$ for this? $1,000+ just to get a K2 up and running is absurd...
    11-23-18 08:28 PM
    Just got my Key2 activated on Verizon. Calls, texts, data, mobile hotspot all work, but haven't tried anything else. I was moving from a Priv.

Don't bother going to a store, they cannot and will not help you. I only went because I knew you had to get a new sim from reading other's stories, but they will not give you a new sim without a phone to activate.

I called Tech Support, asked them if they could try pushing through an activation on a BYOD LTE-Only (CDMA-less) device. The lady said she would try and would then transfer me to tier-2 if it wasn't successful. It was not successful.

Talking to tier-2, they have been having some troubles with the newer CDMA-less phones (mostly just the OnePlus 6T). The guy provisioned my phone I believe the same as a OnePlus 6T for the most part. When it wouldn't activate, he said that I am going to need a new sim. He had the new sim mailed to me. (This whole process took somewhere between 1-2 hours).

I got it today, called up support again, they saw that my case for my BlackBerry was still open, and asked me for the sim number on the new sim. She pushed through the activation (I guess tier-2 guy had saved the provisioning somehow) and it came up no problems. Texting didn't work at first, but rebooting the phone seemed to fix that.

I have never had a Key2 LE and now have a functioning Key2 (Silver) on Verizon.

I always just said that I had a Key2 and that it is supposedly white-listed. I made sure to not get into the I know this isn't the whitelisted LE model. Although, they didn't seem to care. Everyone I talked to, this was the first they've heard of someone calling in with a BlackBerry Key2.

All in all, it took me quite a few hours to get to this point, but it was totally worth it.
    mtalinm likes this.
    11-23-18 08:31 PM
    Just got my Key2 activated on Verizon. Calls, texts, data, mobile hotspot all work, but haven't tried anything else. I was moving from a Priv.

Don't bother going to a store, they cannot and will not help you. I only went because I knew you had to get a new sim from reading other's stories, but they will not give you a new sim without a phone to activate.

I called Tech Support, asked them if they could try pushing through an activation on a BYOD LTE-Only (CDMA-less) device. The lady said she would try and would then transfer me to tier-2 if it wasn't successful. It was not successful.

Talking to tier-2, they have been having some troubles with the newer CDMA-less phones (mostly just the OnePlus 6T). The guy provisioned my phone I believe the same as a OnePlus 6T for the most part. When it wouldn't activate, he said that I am going to need a new sim. He had the new sim mailed to me. (This whole process took somewhere between 1-2 hours).

I got it today, called up support again, they saw that my case for my BlackBerry was still open, and asked me for the sim number on the new sim. She pushed through the activation (I guess tier-2 guy had saved the provisioning somehow) and it came up no problems. Texting didn't work at first, but rebooting the phone seemed to fix that.

I have never had a Key2 LE and now have a functioning Key2 (Silver) on Verizon.

I always just said that I had a Key2 and that it is supposedly white-listed. I made sure to not get into the I know this isn't the whitelisted LE model. Although, they didn't seem to care. Everyone I talked to, this was the first they've heard of someone calling in with a BlackBerry Key2.

All in all, it took me quite a few hours to get to this point, but it was totally worth it.
    Thank you so much for this re-cap. To confirm, you have a BBF100-2?
    So a store won't give you a new SIM, the only way is through having Tech Support mail you one?
    11-23-18 11:28 PM
    Yes, BBF100-2. I bought it off Amazon.

Store was super dismissive. The only thing the store can do is the same thing that you can do online. They type in your IMEI and it comes up as not recognized by Verizon. They said store policy is that they can't give out SIM cards if they're not activating a phone with it. Tech support said that was correct.

They did offer to call tech support for me, but I'd rather just call them from the comfort of my home.
    11-23-18 11:36 PM
    Yes, BBF100-2. I bought it off Amazon.

Store was super dismissive. The only thing the store can do is the same thing that you can do online. They type in your IMEI and it comes up as not recognized by Verizon. They said store policy is that they can't give out SIM cards if they're not activating a phone with it. Tech support said that was correct.

They did offer to call tech support for me, but I'd rather just call them from the comfort of my home.
    Yes, thanks so much for this detail. So it sounds like ultimately we're at the mercy of the support person we happen to talk to. That is, it's possible but it depends on what the tech is willing to do. They may or may not dismiss the suggestion of provisioning a Key2 from the start due to it not being supported (if they're aware of this) or might actually be helpful and try to get it working.
    11-24-18 06:35 PM
    Yes, thanks so much for this detail. So it sounds like ultimately we're at the mercy of the support person we happen to talk to. That is, it's possible but it depends on what the tech is willing to do. They may or may not dismiss the suggestion of provisioning a Key2 from the start due to it not being supported (if they're aware of this) or might actually be helpful and try to get it working.
    The point was that whoever you get on the phone is provisioning a Key2 LE because that support person thinks you have an LE or doesn’t care. If you get a person that’s doing their job properly, your Key2 won’t get provisioned since it’s technically not supported because it’s not certified.

BlackBerry doesn’t need misinformed customers mad because VZW doesn’t support the Key2 the same as the Key2 LE for now or ever.
    11-24-18 07:09 PM
    Just to confirm: If you buy both an Key2 LE and a Key2 get a sim card authorized for the Key2 LE and then put it in the Key2. You will have a working Key 2. Return the LE for a refund and you are good to go.
    William Smith40 likes this.
    11-24-18 07:40 PM
    Just to confirm: If you buy both an Key2 LE and a Key2 get a sim card authorized for the Key2 LE and then put it in the Key2. You will have a working Key 2. Return the LE for a refund and you are good to go.
    Thanks!
    11-25-18 03:25 AM
    VJgamer has proven that buying an LE is not necessary. You are not fooling Verizon by moving the sim from one phone to the other. Do you really think Verizon has either allowed or is oblivious to such an obvious network vulnerability?
    11-25-18 10:28 AM
1,230 ... 4142434445 ...