Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi guys,im in the uk, in 3 weeks time i'm off on holiday around europe, Holland/Germany etc. Might be a stupid question but is there any setting i need to make sure is switched on etc . Reason i ask is i went to europe two years ago & had a Blackberry Dtek50 & couldn't get anything on my phone unless i found a wifi spot. Vodafone couldn't fix it while i was over there. I'm on a new contract,have roaming use abroad included but wanted to check if on my Key2 i have to turn anything on.
    Sorry if this sounds a stupid post.
    07-04-19 02:07 PM
    Hi guys,im in the uk, in 3 weeks time i'm off on holiday around europe, Holland/Germany etc. Might be a stupid question but is there any setting i need to make sure is switched on etc . Reason i ask is i went to europe two years ago & had a Blackberry Dtek50 & couldn't get anything on my phone unless i found a wifi spot. Vodafone couldn't fix it while i was over there. I'm on a new contract,have roaming use abroad included but wanted to check if on my Key2 i have to turn anything on.
    No rhetorical questions here my friend. Just check with your carrier if there is anything you need to do prior to leaving. Look to see if they have a temporary international plan or feature you can add to your phone as you definitely do not want to using roaming while you're away. Have a safe trip be safe and have fun!
    07-04-19 02:18 PM
    Assuming you are still with Vodafone, download the vodafone app or login to your vodafone account using a browser and make sure International roaming is on (Very very important, should be under plan features or billing). Roaming within EU countries should be no extra charge but still double check based on your plan. Also make sure in settings, search for data roaming and make sure it's on.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=nMmrkpg3
    07-04-19 02:49 PM
    Don't forget EU power plug is different.
    Before end of OCTOBER, UK mobile subscription should allow you use it in EU washout extra cost.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-06-19 01:24 PM
    Don't forget EU power plug is different.
    Before end of OCTOBER, UK mobile subscription should allow you use it in EU washout extra cost.
    Does this mean that if you have UK carrier and you go to Germany, you don't have to set up roaming on the phone (meaning you don't activate roaming) to use data, but you keep the settings of your phone just like you would keep it UK?
    07-07-19 06:11 AM
    Does this mean that if you have UK carrier and you go to Germany, you don't have to set up roaming on the phone (meaning you don't activate roaming) to use data, but you keep the settings of your phone just like you would keep it UK?
    According to the literature for all British networks, you do not activate roaming unless you go outside of zone, so if you are in their individual network European zone you should be ok on their data plan
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 07-07-19 at 03:16 PM.
    07-07-19 02:41 PM
    According to the literature for old British networks you do not activate roaming unless you go outside of zone so if you are in their individual network European zone you should be ok on their data plan
    Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.
    07-07-19 02:45 PM
    you do activate roaming but the charges are the same as the UK

If your plan does not give you a lot of data ..buy a bundle from Vodephone before you go

Hope that helps..
    07-07-19 03:11 PM
    They do roaming but no influence with cost. EU have agreement within zone, there will no roaming cost (call and data) However, some packages of telecom may separately EU data plan and domestic plan. You may need check out.
    07-07-19 05:02 PM