Bit of an odd one here but I've noticed that I can't connect to my computer or car via USB. I can still charge okay but get no option to select data connection. Anyone else had this?
    01-13-20 04:32 AM
    Have you looked at connected devices USb in settings while plugged in? My phone will not connect to my computer either unless I change a setting.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    01-13-20 10:29 AM
    When connecting to computer after plugging in is when you change the setting. Weird but I guess it's for security.
    01-13-20 03:10 PM
    Yes aware of that. I no longer get the option when I plug my phone in. I just get the options of "Charge only" or "Boost mode". If I go into settings and connected devices the USB option is greyed out and says not connected.
    01-14-20 03:52 AM
    Not all USB cables are created equal... Yes maybe try a different one?
    01-14-20 02:33 PM
    I have exactly same issue, gives me the 2 charging options but not data and started a couple of days ago. Cannot use Android Auto in car without it! Can't be USB cable as same cable works for Android Auto using a different mobile. Noticed also that only have same 2 options when charging! I have the Key2 Red Edition (UK).
    01-15-20 02:09 PM
    I too have identical in problem, need this to function for Android Auto (AA) in car. Cannot be USB lead as the same cable works for AA on a different mobile! Noticed also that only same 2 charging options available when using charger. Only started with this issue 2 days ago.
    Have the Key2 Red Edition (UK) version.
    01-15-20 02:16 PM
    first you should try a different cable.

barring that, you probably need to clean the port connectors on the phone.
    01-15-20 03:08 PM
    Thanks for your response and have tried another couple of cables to no avail.
    I have momentarily got connection but then it's lost, so it could be a 'dodgy' connection!
    Out of interest, how do you clean the connectors on the mobile?
    01-16-20 05:10 PM
    I find a can of compressed air helps clean it out but to be honest it sounds like you may have a fault with the port. warranty job?
    01-17-20 02:18 AM
    Yeah, real bummer. Recently decided to try Android Auto and really like it - when I get a connection. Sometimes it connects, a lot of the time it doesn't. Sometimes when it does connect, it will lose connection and Android Auto will give a communication error. Tried numerous USB cables that work perfectly with any and everything else. Even hooked another phone up without issue. Has to be a faulty USB port on my KEY2 Silver. Pretty disappointing.
    01-17-20 10:14 AM
    I also have issues with Android Auto. an intermittent connection fault. Sometimes I make a long journey without disconnecting, sometimes not. Reconnecting the cable gets it back up again, but going over bumps severs the connection.

Weird. Likewise no issues with other phones.

A wireless version of AA would be nice.
    01-17-20 04:24 PM
    this is a blackberry problem. had the same problem with key1 and key2 despite the phones beeing pretty new. if i just touch or wiggle the cable slightly, connection to data or current sometimes gets lost and i have to replug it again. No dirt in there, cable is fine and the usb c port is new too. Idk what the problem is, i didn't have it with non blackberry phones
    mikeath likes this.
    01-17-20 04:56 PM
    Yeah, real bummer. Recently decided to try Android Auto and really like it - when I get a connection. Sometimes it connects, a lot of the time it doesn't. Sometimes when it does connect, it will lose connection and Android Auto will give a communication error. Tried numerous USB cables that work perfectly with any and everything else. Even hooked another phone up without issue. Has to be a faulty USB port on my KEY2 Silver. Pretty disappointing.
    So, problem solved, not a USB issue. Do the following:

1. Settings
    2. Connected Devices
    3. Cast
    4. Hamburger menu top right
    5. Uncheck "Enable wireless display

My KEY2 Silver now works flawlessly with Android Auto in my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Hopefully this solution will work for others. Good luck!
    01-20-20 04:36 PM
    I have no Android car but I have the exact same problem with not being able to use data transmission. Not on pc and other devices.
    01-21-20 04:37 PM
    Thanks for suggestions, unfortunately they did not work for me. In the end, I sent it off for a repair as the mobile was still under warranty, they carried out a replacement of a part (paperwork didn't say what) and can now confirm that problem has been fixed and Android Auto in my car is working again.
    02-05-20 06:15 PM