There is an updated 2 page list
    12-23-20 01:30 PM
    There is an updated 2 page list
    You’re right there’s an updated list from AT&T dated December 17 2020 on the edge but it’s four pages. It’s not displaying correctly on devices so you only see two pages unless you turn devices sideways or horizontal.

I have the four pages saved but I can’t remember how to post on CrackBerry even with browser....
    12-23-20 08:19 PM
    So what are we saying here? That if the devices are on this list, they will than be able to work on the carriers network come 2021 and onward?

Or if the device is on the list, it's official dead come the new year?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-20 08:31 PM
    So what are we saying here? That if the devices are on this list, they will than be able to work on the carriers network come 2021 and onward?

Or if the device is on the list, it's official dead come the new year?

Posted via CB10
    The AT&T list is of the AT&T VoLTE sold and supported devices. If not on the list, the device is most likely good for WiFi only use. The factory unlocked versions of certain OEMs might be allowed like Apple, Google, Microsoft and such that write Billion USD checks...
    12-23-20 08:47 PM
    You’re right there’s an updated list from AT&T dated December 17 2020 on the edge but it’s four pages. It’s not displaying correctly on devices so you only see two pages unless you turn devices sideways or horizontal.

I have the four pages saved but I can’t remember how to post on CrackBerry even with browser....
    Send to me & I will post it 4u bud…
    12-23-20 10:31 PM
    Send to me & I will post it 4u bud…
    This is the AT&T updated list four pages that are the AT&T sold and supported devices

http://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/cons...TT-Network.pdf

This is the AT&T updated list four pages that are the factory unlocked devices supported.

http://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/cons...TT-Network.pdf

Why I was attempting photos or scans I have no idea. Probably Captain Morgan’s first mate Jim Beam was distracting me too much.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 12-24-20 at 08:44 AM.
    12-24-20 08:30 AM
    on the latest ATT document, there is no listting for PRIV or for KEY¹ as was in prior listings. the ATT pdf is viewed in its entirety by Foxit app. I assume ATT lists supercede.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 12-24-20 at 11:42 AM.
    12-24-20 09:35 AM
    on the latest ATT document, there is no ting for PRIV or for KEY¹ as was in prior listings. the ATT pdf is viewed in its entirety by Foxir app.
    The first link clearly shows the PRIV and KEYone on page 3 of AT&T sold and supported devices that will continue. The document is updated from 03/20/2020 and now reflects 12/17/2020 update.

The second link is a new document listing factory unlocked support that will continue or will be supported going forward. This is new but also dated 12/17/2020 with first page factory unlocked in title.

You’re correct in saying there are no supported factory unlocked BlackBerry devices on that list. There wasn’t a previous factory unlocked list. A person may get VoLTE if switching AT&T SIM from any VoLTE supported phone into BE KEYone or Key2/LE but no guarantee.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 12-24-20 at 09:58 AM.
    12-24-20 09:47 AM
    Thanks everyone, Mint Mobile is working fine on the KEY2.
    12-25-20 09:12 AM
    My sister just switched from being a long standing T-Mo user to Mint on her Note 9. Loves it, ported her # over and has experienced no discernable differences.

She is now saving 50 dollars per month. Went from 70 for a single line to 20/mo. The service includes 8GB of data (more than she needs based on past hx) AND she got 3 months free (all sign up is online). 6 months of prepaid service amounts to 10/mo for 8GB data. Over the next 6 months she will be realizing 360 dollars in savings. Annually she will save $660 dollars.

It has me thinking.... Their 12GB is 25 per line and unlimited is 30/mo. Savings is savings....

I was a 15 year corp AT&T user until 2015 when I tried T-Mobile on a free SIM for a month. I noticed no difference and at that time and went from $168/mo plus fees for 2 lines unlimited and that included a 18% discount (but REALLY not unlimited and a class action lawsuit for AT&T) to 100/mo flat for 2 lines on T-Mobile.

Now that our kids are on T-Mobile our 4 lines is a flat 160 plus Netflix for free or @ 145/mo for our 4 lines Unlimited plus Hotspot.

Mint is a VERY interesting and reasonable idea. Everything is ONLINE thus no stores or overhead so just major savings!! (as Flossy Carter would say)

Anyone can get a free 7 day SIM for Mint to try it out.
    Thanks everyone, Mint Mobile is working fine on the KEY2.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-25-20 11:50 AM
    My sister just switched from being a long standing T-Mo user to Mint on her Note 9. Loves it, ported her # over and has experienced no discernable differences.

She is now saving 50 dollars per month. Went from 70 for a single line to 20/mo. The service includes 8GB of data (more than she needs based on past hx) AND she got 3 months free (all sign up is online). 6 months of prepaid service amounts to 10/mo for 8GB data. Over the next 6 months she will be realizing 360 dollars in savings. Annually she will save $660 dollars.

It has me thinking.... Their 12GB is 25 per line and unlimited is 30/mo. Savings is savings....

I was a 15 year corp AT&T user until 2015 when I tried T-Mobile on a free SIM for a month. I noticed no difference and at that time and went from $168/mo plus fees for 2 lines unlimited and that included a 18% discount (but REALLY not unlimited and a class action lawsuit for AT&T) to 100/mo flat for 2 lines on T-Mobile.

Now that our kids are on T-Mobile our 4 lines is a flat 160 plus Netflix for free or @ 145/mo for our 4 lines Unlimited plus Hotspot.

Mint is a VERY interesting and reasonable idea. Everything is ONLINE thus no stores or overhead so just major savings!! (as Flossy Carter would say)

Anyone can get a free 7 day SIM for Mint to try it out.
    I was a Mobile Nations beta user for Mint few years ago on a free promo for a year or something like that. Great service anywhere TMO had coverage. Didn’t allow for WFC although it wasn’t important to me back then. I replaced it with the prepaid TMO service I have now for backup.
    12-25-20 01:49 PM
    Just a heads up about Cricket Wireless: my family has had them for years. One iPhone 12, one AT&T-branded Galaxy S9+, one factory unlocked Galaxy A30 (?). Tuesday 12/22 we wake up to the Androids not being able to make or receive voice calls. SMS and data work fine.

This seems to be only at the house. I can drive around and have service no problem. But then I drove around more and found other isolated areas of town where this is happening. No one at Cricket can tell me anything.

Some research showed the problem: as AT&T rejiggers towers for 5G, they're turning off the old voice technologies and requiring VoLTE for all voice calls on those towers. And it appears that Cricket isn't enabling even my AT&T-branded Galaxy S9+ for this, let alone the factory unlocked A30. (As usual, iPhones are completely functional no matter what--I'm beginning to appreciate iPhones.) They're "requiring" a Cricket-branded phone.

No warning, nothing.

On Thursday 12/24 I went to the Cricket store and bought my wife a new phone to replace the S9+. Got a Samsung A51, Cricket-branded. Works just fine.

Some people in the world are saying that Cricket knows all of this and is enabling VoLTE on non-Cricket phones, because they have no choice. Well, if that's so, it's taking them awhile. In the meantime, there's no voice service. But frankly, I don't trust rando Reddit users or whatever.

So anyway: bring your factory unlocked, otherwise Cricket-compatible BB to Cricket at your own risk.

And I have to imagine this is just the beginning, for ALL carriers. And MVNOs are probably the first. At the very least, there will no doubt be a period of "we don't know what we're doing" with respect to all of this, that the carriers will have to work out. Unlocked and/or unbranded phones from 2+ years ago will be the redheaded stepchild.

BTW: the term is MVNO. Em Vee En Oh. Mobile Virtual Network Operator. It's not NVMO, or MNVO, or any other combination. MVNO.
    12-27-20 07:19 AM
    Just a heads up about Cricket Wireless: my family has had them for years. One iPhone 12, one AT&T-branded Galaxy S9+, one factory unlocked Galaxy A30 (?). Tuesday 12/22 we wake up to the Androids not being able to make or receive voice calls. SMS and data work fine.

This seems to be only at the house. I can drive around and have service no problem. But then I drove around more and found other isolated areas of town where this is happening. No one at Cricket can tell me anything.

Some research showed the problem: as AT&T rejiggers towers for 5G, they're turning off the old voice technologies and requiring VoLTE for all voice calls on those towers. And it appears that Cricket isn't enabling even my AT&T-branded Galaxy S9+ for this, let alone the factory unlocked A30. (As usual, iPhones are completely functional no matter what--I'm beginning to appreciate iPhones.) They're "requiring" a Cricket-branded phone.

No warning, nothing.

On Thursday 12/24 I went to the Cricket store and bought my wife a new phone to replace the S9+. Got a Samsung A51, Cricket-branded. Works just fine.

Some people in the world are saying that Cricket knows all of this and is enabling VoLTE on non-Cricket phones, because they have no choice. Well, if that's so, it's taking them awhile. In the meantime, there's no voice service. But frankly, I don't trust rando Reddit users or whatever.

So anyway: bring your factory unlocked, otherwise Cricket-compatible BB to Cricket at your own risk.

And I have to imagine this is just the beginning, for ALL carriers. And MVNOs are probably the first. At the very least, there will no doubt be a period of "we don't know what we're doing" with respect to all of this, that the carriers will have to work out. Unlocked and/or unbranded phones from 2+ years ago will be the redheaded stepchild.

BTW: the term is MVNO. Em Vee En Oh. Mobile Virtual Network Operator. It's not NVMO, or MNVO, or any other combination. MVNO.
    Interesting to know that AT&T is refarming in your area. Where are you located? I believe what you are experiencing has been going on for the last year or so. Since Cricket Wireless is a 100% owned AT&T subsidiary, I’m surprised about the AT&T S9+ since the AT&T list above does appear to apply to it’s Cricket division as well. Did you buy the S9+ new from AT&T directly?

The A30 isn’t a model variant intended for USA from what I can tell so you’re probably missing some LTE bands to begin with. This is similar to what happens with each rollout generation of service level. The carriers are looking to recoup infrastructure costs but also use to minimize churn during the industry shuffle.....
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 12-27-20 at 08:31 AM.
    12-27-20 08:19 AM
    I'm in central Ohio.
    12-27-20 08:22 AM
    Interesting to know that AT&T is refarming in your area. Where are you located? I believe what you are experiencing has been going on for the last year or so. Since Cricket Wireless is a 100% owned AT&T subsidiary, I’m surprised about the AT&T S9+ since the AT&T list above does appear to apply to it’s Cricket division as well. Did you buy the S9+ new from AT&T directly?
    I bought it used from Swappa; I wanted an AT&T-branded phone specifically to test AT&T service against T-Mobile. I spent good money for a month or two and quite literally tested them side by side in the geography in which I travel. (Summary: they were completely equal in service levels, which made the cheaper T-Mobile a better value.) The phone boots up with the Death Star logo and operated 100% on AT&T, complete with VoLTE, wifi calling, and hotspot capability.

The A30 isn’t a model variant intended for USA from what I can tell so you’re probably missing some LTE bands to begin with. This is similar to what happens with each rollout generation of service level. The carriers are looking to recoup infrastructure costs but also use to minimize churn during the industry shuffle.....
    I get it on the A30--it's a Latin American variant--but the AT&T-branded S9+ really showed what's happening.

I do seem to remember back in the day, the only hope of getting VoLTE on a non-AT&T phone was to put your SIM into an AT&T phone and get your account to recognize the phone, at which point it would enable VoLTE on your account. Either that's gone away, or AT&T specifically hobbles Cricket.

Either way, I've no doubt AT&T specifically hobbles Cricket, just because. "We can do anything we want. We're the phone company."

Oh, and btw--this is what clued me in:

https://community.cricketwireless.co...mp-T/td-p/7532
    12-27-20 08:38 AM
    I bought it used from Swappa; I wanted an AT&T-branded phone specifically to test AT&T service against T-Mobile. I spent good money for a month or two and quite literally tested them side by side in the geography in which I travel. (Summary: they were completely equal in service levels, which made the cheaper T-Mobile a better value.) The phone boots up with the Death Star logo and operated 100% on AT&T, complete with VoLTE, wifi calling, and hotspot capability.

I get it on the A30--it's a Latin American variant--but the AT&T-branded S9+ really showed what's happening.

I do seem to remember back in the day, the only hope of getting VoLTE on a non-AT&T phone was to put your SIM into an AT&T phone and get your account to recognize the phone, at which point it would enable VoLTE on your account. Either that's gone away, or AT&T specifically hobbles Cricket.

Either way, I've no doubt AT&T specifically hobbles Cricket, just because. "We can do anything we want. We're the phone company."

Oh, and btw--this is what clued me in:

https://community.cricketwireless.co...mp-T/td-p/7532
    I’ve been through AT&T re-farming as well. Last year, the exact same week before Christmas for network overhaul as it’s sometimes referred to. However, I haven’t seen AT&T block it’s own TRUE carrier devices. By that, I mean sold by them originally for certain. I’ve actually had VoLTE on both AT&T KEYone and BE KEYone so I understand many of the swapping out SIMs techniques.

AT&T explained to me that it’s less about SIMs and really about the IMEIs now and installed firmware. What I have seen happen, is that resellers will and do re-flash carrier firmware. Some devices have more demand on different carrier so carrier unlocking TMO device and installing AT&T firmware with logo battery covers swapped out happens.

AT&T treats postpaid accounts, prepaid accounts and MVNO accounts in that order on it’s network, for prioritization schedule. For devices though, it’s counter-productive to block it’s own MVNO and the different MVNO resellers that buy it’s network in bulk quantities.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell...ing-your-phone

Check your IMEI with the above tool link. I’d also go to a Cricket store for a new SIM and make sure it’s VoLTE compatible.
    12-27-20 09:27 AM
    I’ve been through AT&T re-farming as well. Last year, the exact same week before Christmas for network overhaul as it’s sometimes referred to. However, I haven’t seen AT&T block it’s own TRUE carrier devices. By that, I mean sold by them originally for certain. I’ve actually had VoLTE on both AT&T KEYone and BE KEYone so I understand many of the swapping out SIMs techniques.

AT&T explained to me that it’s less about SIMs and really about the IMEIs now and installed firmware. What I have seen happen, is that resellers will and do re-flash carrier firmware. Some devices have more demand on different carrier so carrier unlocking TMO device and installing AT&T firmware with logo battery covers swapped out happens.

AT&T treats postpaid accounts, prepaid accounts and MVNO accounts in that order on it’s network, for prioritization schedule. For devices though, it’s counter-productive to block it’s own MVNO and the different MVNO resellers that buy it’s network in bulk quantities.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell...ing-your-phone

Check your IMEI with the above tool link. I’d also go to a Cricket store for a new SIM and make sure it’s VoLTE compatible.
    Cricket simply says "works for us, must be unlocked". Technically, since it's an AT&T phone, they're covering themselves with that statement.

Yes, I get it--someone could have flashed the AT&T firmware on an unlocked S9+. But when I gave it to my wife, I did so knowing it was completely and without doubt functional on AT&T's postpaid service, with wifi calling, VoLTE, hotspot, and visual voicemail. At no point did T balk at using any specialized feature. That's why I figure it really is an AT&T unit.

I agree, it's counter productive to block this phone in this circumstance. I will probably test it out in a couple of weeks, just because I can.

And for the record, TMobile has a similar idiosyncrasy with respect to its service and IMEIs: while they are the most liberal service of all with respect to BYOD, it's a fact that Android devices bought OUTSIDE the TMobile sales channel are ineligible for roaming on US Cellular.

I discovered this by accident recently. I had traded my own S9+ to Samsung for an S10+; they had a tremendous deal. And Samsung sells carrier-branded units as well as unlocked. I bought the carrier-branded unit. For all intents and purposes, it is 100% identical to the units they ship to TMobile for TMobile to sell. The difference is, the IMEI never passes to TMobile and doesn't get into TMobile's database.

This is evidenced by TMobile's unlock process. Once a phone is eligible for unlock, it's a simple matter to go into settings and hit the unlock button. But a phone that did not come directly through TMobile's sales channel won't unlock. You have to call them and have them fix it inside the system for the unlock process to work. They have to add the IMEI to their system for this.

But when it comes to USC roaming, there's an administrative issue where the two companies compare databases--and phones that did NOT come through TMobile's sales channel (as evidenced by IMEI) are not in that database. And cannot be made to work for roaming in that situation, period.

I validated this at the highest levels with TMobile, and based on their response (I won't get into details) I am 100% positive they're telling the truth when they say this is just how it is and cannot be rectified with such an existing phone in question. The only way to fix it is to get a phone from TMobile's sales channel. Even a TMobile branded phone, that came from the factory that way (not reflashed by a third party or anything), won't work if it didn't come through TMobile's sales channel.

I thought I was being safe when I bought it the way I did, but apparently not safe enough. The ONLY way to ensure complete compatibility is to buy from the carrier. Period. Between TMobile's thing I discovered a couple of months ago and now this Cricket thing, I consider that to be an absolute certainty. BYOD at your own risk, knowing for a fact that SOMETHING on their service won't work.

And you may not realize it, or you may not realize it's important to you, until later.

And by the way, this is all about Android phones. iPhones? You are utterly and completely safe if you have an iPhone that came unlocked from the Apple Store. I'll repeat:

1) came unlocked
    2) directly from the Apple Store

Those phones are completely functional for any carrier. Just put the SIM card in.

As much as I'm not a fan of the iOS ecosystem and what Apple's become, the simple fact is the iPhone just plain works. Sure, their marketing is blowhard; how long did it take them to get widgets? And then they blast it out to their ignorant users like that feature has NEVER been done before, it's BRAND NEW and UNHEARD OF, and treat it like it's the second coming of Christ. So yeah, their technology lags behind just as much as it innovates.

So using an iPhone is a tradeoff in that regard. But with respect to functionality? No question--plug in any SIM card and get 100% functionality, guaranteed as long as the iPhone came unlocked directly from Apple.
    12-27-20 10:11 AM
    Cricket simply says "works for us, must be unlocked". Technically, since it's an AT&T phone, they're covering themselves with that statement.

Yes, I get it--someone could have flashed the AT&T firmware on an unlocked S9+. But when I gave it to my wife, I did so knowing it was completely and without doubt functional on AT&T's postpaid service, with wifi calling, VoLTE, hotspot, and visual voicemail. At no point did T balk at using any specialized feature. That's why I figure it really is an AT&T unit.

I agree, it's counter productive to block this phone in this circumstance. I will probably test it out in a couple of weeks, just because I can.

And for the record, TMobile has a similar idiosyncrasy with respect to its service and IMEIs: while they are the most liberal service of all with respect to BYOD, it's a fact that Android devices bought OUTSIDE the TMobile sales channel are ineligible for roaming on US Cellular.

I discovered this by accident recently. I had traded my own S9+ to Samsung for an S10+; they had a tremendous deal. And Samsung sells carrier-branded units as well as unlocked. I bought the carrier-branded unit. For all intents and purposes, it is 100% identical to the units they ship to TMobile for TMobile to sell. The difference is, the IMEI never passes to TMobile and doesn't get into TMobile's database.

This is evidenced by TMobile's unlock process. Once a phone is eligible for unlock, it's a simple matter to go into settings and hit the unlock button. But a phone that did not come directly through TMobile's sales channel won't unlock. You have to call them and have them fix it inside the system for the unlock process to work. They have to add the IMEI to their system for this.

But when it comes to USC roaming, there's an administrative issue where the two companies compare databases--and phones that did NOT come through TMobile's sales channel (as evidenced by IMEI) are not in that database. And cannot be made to work for roaming in that situation, period.

I validated this at the highest levels with TMobile, and based on their response (I won't get into details) I am 100% positive they're telling the truth when they say this is just how it is and cannot be rectified with such an existing phone in question. The only way to fix it is to get a phone from TMobile's sales channel. Even a TMobile branded phone, that came from the factory that way (not reflashed by a third party or anything), won't work if it didn't come through TMobile's sales channel.

I thought I was being safe when I bought it the way I did, but apparently not safe enough. The ONLY way to ensure complete compatibility is to buy from the carrier. Period. Between TMobile's thing I discovered a couple of months ago and now this Cricket thing, I consider that to be an absolute certainty. BYOD at your own risk, knowing for a fact that SOMETHING on their service won't work.

And you may not realize it, or you may not realize it's important to you, until later.

And by the way, this is all about Android phones. iPhones? You are utterly and completely safe if you have an iPhone that came unlocked from the Apple Store. I'll repeat:

1) came unlocked
    2) directly from the Apple Store

Those phones are completely functional for any carrier. Just put the SIM card in.

As much as I'm not a fan of the iOS ecosystem and what Apple's become, the simple fact is the iPhone just plain works. Sure, their marketing is blowhard; how long did it take them to get widgets? And then they blast it out to their ignorant users like that feature has NEVER been done before, it's BRAND NEW and UNHEARD OF, and treat it like it's the second coming of Christ. So yeah, their technology lags behind just as much as it innovates.

So using an iPhone is a tradeoff in that regard. But with respect to functionality? No question--plug in any SIM card and get 100% functionality, guaranteed as long as the iPhone came unlocked directly from Apple.
    Actually the latest exception to rule with AT&T, I suppose VZW and TMO as well, is that Google Pixel seems to be getting the Apple iPhone treatment also. TMO and VZW have pretty much embraced the AT&T strategy.

The MVNO space is getting shaken up pretty well too. AT&T/Cricket, TMO/MetroPCS, VZW/Tracphone and it’s various subsidiaries. With Sprint merger requiring it’s carrier owned divesture, there’s bunch of corporate debt needing paid off. I’m sure all the players are going to focus on every regulatory loophole.
    12-27-20 12:24 PM
    That'd be impressive if Pixel is going the way of iPhone in all of this. I hadn't heard that before.

I do keep hearing talk about how Samsung is kowtowing to the carriers, to stay on their "good" side--otherwise they would go the iPhone route as well. They keep creeping up on it with later models--as you say, it's very easy, without jailbreaking and changing bootloader, to use Samsung tools and firmware to switch any Galaxy S phone from carrier firmware to carrier firmware. That solves most of the problem, but the IMEI thing is still a tool in the carrier's toolbox to do anything they want.

I think Apple just played the 800lb gorilla on all of them, and all the carriers cried uncle.

TMO "uncarrier" went away a couple of years ago, easy. They've been ReCarrier for a long while now. As you say, they're playing with the big boys now in terms of how they treat their customers.

And if the carrier can "convince" you that BYOD is a bad idea, that you need to buy directly from them, they will do so.
    12-27-20 01:05 PM
    12-27-20 02:54 PM
    That'd be impressive if Pixel is going the way of iPhone in all of this. I hadn't heard that before.

I do keep hearing talk about how Samsung is kowtowing to the carriers, to stay on their "good" side--otherwise they would go the iPhone route as well. They keep creeping up on it with later models--as you say, it's very easy, without jailbreaking and changing bootloader, to use Samsung tools and firmware to switch any Galaxy S phone from carrier firmware to carrier firmware. That solves most of the problem, but the IMEI thing is still a tool in the carrier's toolbox to do anything they want.

I think Apple just played the 800lb gorilla on all of them, and all the carriers cried uncle.

TMO "uncarrier" went away a couple of years ago, easy. They've been ReCarrier for a long while now. As you say, they're playing with the big boys now in terms of how they treat their customers.

And if the carrier can "convince" you that BYOD is a bad idea, that you need to buy directly from them, they will do so.
    I’ve been saying pretty much everything you’re saying going back to original announcement of T-MOBILE/Sprint merger. At time, BYOD and uncarrier was good strategy to sell plans and service. The BYOD meant not carrying as much inventory and creating positive churn. It forced Sprint into the arms of TMO since BYOD wasn’t really possible for Sprint CDMA network. This has been one whale of a chess game.
    12-27-20 09:49 PM
    So I'm gonna have to switch out of T-Mobile in the next few days, and upon shopping around I like what MetroPCS has to offer. I don't even want to waste time getting transferred around from rep to rep if I ask whether my KEY2 will work with their network or not, as they most likely won't have a clue.

Does anyone know whether I'm necessarily limited to the big two GSM carriers (T-Mobile, AT&T) in order to keep using my KEY2?

Is anyone here using their KEY2 with a carrier other than those two? (not counting Verizon with the LE/provisioning trick)

My options would be MetroPCS, or maybe Cricket, or another of the lesser known ones.
    12-28-20 12:29 AM
    My red Key2 works on Google Fi. I use my Verizon SIM normally and switch to my Google Fi SIM when I travel (in US and abroad) and it works
    12-28-20 12:32 AM
    One thing I can say about MVNO's, you are a 2nd class citizen. If you are fine with that, you can save some money. In most cases you might never notice it unless you live in a large city or go visit one. Or you go do things that most today avoid.... large stadiums, festivals or theme parks (big crowds). Because in a crowd that 1st class citizens get priority on the networks.

Other issue I found was in a natural disaster.... the lines get clogged with calls or data via land based services goes down. You'll be treated like a 2nd class citizen.

That said my wife spent three months on Xfinity, and she never noticed it (as we never went anywhere). Great Service and if you can get by on 1GB of Data.... they have a $15 plan (Unlimited was $45).
    12-28-20 07:37 AM
    One thing I can say about MVNO's, you are a 2nd class citizen.
    Third class, I'd say--because while the carrier's own name brand prepaid service comes after their premium postpaid (contract) service, it comes before MVNO service.
    12-28-20 10:59 AM
53 123