happened this morning. key2 is stuck in bootloop. Says blackberry powered by android, screen goes black and just repeats.

I tried holding the power button down for 32 seconds - nothing happens
    I tried pressing the volume down button, it shows another screen menu, then disappears as it reboots
    i removed the back cover and tried to do a battery pull - does not look very easy!

my concern is the data on my phone!

what can I do?

I am located in Mississauga, Ontario - I know its the time of covid - anyone nearby? any shops you suggest?
    thank you for your attention!
    04-17-20 01:12 PM
    happened this morning. key2 is stuck in bootloop. Says blackberry powered by android, screen goes black and just repeats.

I tried holding the power button down for 32 seconds - nothing happens
    I tried pressing the volume down button, it shows another screen menu, then disappears as it reboots
    i removed the back cover and tried to do a battery pull - does not look very easy!

my concern is the data on my phone!

what can I do?

I am located in Mississauga, Ontario - I know its the time of covid - anyone nearby? any shops you suggest?
    thank you for your attention!
    It seems your power button is stuck.
    04-17-20 02:07 PM
    the power button clicks when pressed. I blasted all over as best I could with compressed air.

I also just downloaded the 2gb most recent update. is it possible to re-load the software in this state?
    04-17-20 02:14 PM
    I don't know what to say......It just booted up! battery went from 37% to 8%. phone was boot looping from 1pm to 3:50pm - I initiated some whats app back ups. After maybe 5 min, its now back in boot loop. I unplugged the charger.
    04-17-20 02:55 PM
    I don't know what to say......It just booted up! battery went from 37% to 8%. phone was boot looping from 1pm to 3:50pm - I initiated some whats app back ups. After maybe 5 min, its now back in boot loop. I unplugged the charger.
    I'm telling you, the behaviour is exactly that of holding down the power button, or a bad battery connection. There is something wrong there.
    04-17-20 02:58 PM
    absolutely something wrong! what do you recommend? should I operate and disconnect the battery? damn phone has been flawless from day one!
    appreciate your time and advice!!
    04-17-20 03:04 PM
    absolutely something wrong! what do you recommend? should I operate and disconnect the battery? damn phone has been flawless from day one!
    appreciate your time and advice!!
    I'm not sure. I'd probably get someone to look at it who has all the proper tools and know-how.

Could be anything from the charging port, the charging system, the battery connectors, or the battery itself.
    04-17-20 03:40 PM
    i purchased via amazon.ca in September 2018. Bought with an amex gold card through scotia bank, which is supposedly doubling the manufacturers warranty. going to try going through them.

I let the battery drain by boot looping. now trying a full charge, while its looping. I really love the qwerty have been a loyal user since the bold 9000.

fingers crossed
    04-17-20 06:48 PM
    My money is on the power button. I have seen it become welded inside the button. but it will click
    04-18-20 08:19 AM
    How does the power button just fail like this??
    I've never had a phone fail on me like this!

I've contacted blackberry Mobile Support, and they actually replied almost instantly.

Phone has been out of warranty since this past September, so I'm waiting on them to confirm for me the costs of the initial inspections. Not the repair cost, but the cost to send it to them for inspection etc.

Anyone recommend a knowledgeable blackberry repair person in the GTA (Toronto or Mississauga area)??

Posted via CB10
    04-18-20 01:22 PM
    Well Sir, seems you hunch was exact!

I just got the phone repaired. Specifically, the power button needed to be replaced.

Cost? $60 cash!!! 45 min later and all is well again!

Shout out to ifix Express in Vaughn @ 3175 Rutherford road.

They had the key2 parts in stock! No waiting for days!

Thanks all for your help!
    surgeon1919 and Sigewif like this.
    04-20-20 04:35 PM
    Well Sir, seems you hunch was exact!

I just got the phone repaired. Specifically, the power button needed to be replaced.

Cost? $60 cash!!! 45 min later and all is well again!

Shout out to ifix Express in Vaughn @ 3175 Rutherford road.

They had the key2 parts in stock! No waiting for days!

Thanks all for your help!
    Great news.
    surgeon1919 likes this.
    04-20-20 04:54 PM
    Hello!

It just happened to me and my heart just sank. The same thing also happened with two of my LG's and I didn't believe it.

Anyway, unlike the LG, it fixed itself. Then I worked out what the problem was (after realising it's the Power-on button since I read this forum).

I realised I had wet fingers turning Key2 on this more and moisture got in. Once it dried, it booted back normally in about 20 minutes.

THANK GOD! My life would be shattered and may never recover. Key3 is 6 months away and what would I do in the meantime??? Not to mention the loss of data....

Thanks everybody.
    12-02-20 06:59 PM
    Hello!

It just happened to me and my heart just sank. The same thing also happened with two of my LG's and I didn't believe it.

Anyway, unlike the LG, it fixed itself. Then I worked out what the problem was (after realising it's the Power-on button since I read this forum).

I realised I had wet fingers turning Key2 on this more and moisture got in. Once it dried, it booted back normally in about 20 minutes.

THANK GOD! My life would be shattered and may never recover. Key3 is 6 months away and what would I do in the meantime??? Not to mention the loss of data....

Thanks everybody.
    Glad to see it fixed.

There is no KEY3 coming in six months.
    12-03-20 08:50 AM
    Hello!

Thanks everybody.
    If I were you I would set up a regularly occuring backup of everything on your device (or do it manually often) because water damage can occur in the long run.
    12-03-20 10:16 AM
    If OM does do a new phone.... lets hope we finally get a water resistant BlackBerry.

But yeah, you should never be worried about data loss. You should have a plan always in place for worst case. For an Android phone I'd do a combination of Google Backup, Google Photos (only HD) along with OneDrive saving photos and documents, and of course only use synced accounts for email, contacts, calendar.
    12-03-20 11:05 AM
    If OM does do a new phone.... lets hope we finally get a water resistant BlackBerry.

But yeah, you should never be worried about data loss. You should have a plan always in place for worst case. For an Android phone I'd do a combination of Google Backup, Google Photos (only HD) along with OneDrive saving photos and documents, and of course only use synced accounts for email, contacts, calendar.
    If it's not a slider, there's no reason for it not to be water resistant. Especially since Unihertz cleared proved it to be possible despite their extremely limited resources.
    12-03-20 11:11 AM
    If it's not a slider, there's no reason for it not to be water resistant. Especially since Unihertz cleared proved it to be possible despite their extremely limited resources.
    With probably the worst keyboard ever seen on a pkb device. Hardly conclusive.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    12-03-20 12:23 PM
    The Titan's keyboard is most definitely not world class, its main fault (to me) being that the keys are way too hard to depress and lack sufficient travel.

I don't know about worst ever though.
    12-03-20 12:33 PM
    my bootloop issues we likely due to me wetting the power button with Lysol cleaning wipes. it was the start of the pandemic - so everything was wiped down constantly.
    12-03-20 01:01 PM
    Sad to say I agree
    12-03-20 02:48 PM
    The Titan's keyboard is most definitely not world class, its main fault (to me) being that the keys are way too hard to depress and lack sufficient travel.

I don't know about worst ever though.
    The layout is screwy
    12-03-20 02:49 PM
    Including BB knockoffs, old landscape sliders, Android 2.x devices, keyboard attachments, etc?

Point being: calling it "probably the worst" is quite a claim!

Posted via CB10
    12-03-20 03:15 PM
    my bootloop issues we likely due to me wetting the power button with Lysol cleaning wipes. it was the start of the pandemic - so everything was wiped down constantly.
    It shouldn't be an issue as long as you try to keep the wipe away from ports/holes.

The gap around the power button is tiny, I don't see how Lysol could have gotten in there and seriously damage it.
    12-06-20 08:15 PM
    It shouldn't be an issue as long as you try to keep the wipe away from ports/holes.

The gap around the power button is tiny, I don't see how Lysol could have gotten in there and seriously damage it.
    What NOT to use when cleaning your phone

"Lysol or Clorox wipes might seem like an easy way to clean grime off a phone and the perfect way to fend off COVID-19. But fight this instinct with every phone-loving fiber of your being. Bleach, vinegar, alcohol, and most harsh disinfectant chemicals can clean the sides and back of an Android phone or iPhone. Still, those chemicals need to stay far away from the glass front of your phone (and glass back if you have one), as they will eat away at the oleophobic coating that your phone uses to help fight fingerprint smudges.

What if my oleophobic coating is already gone? Or I don't care about it? The oleophobic coating wears down naturally over time, so if yours is already gone, then feel free to go to town with some Lysol wipes. Just be careful as you do. Make sure you don't let the liquid from the wipe seep into any ports or pinhole mics, and make sure you let the solution dry completely from the phone before you re-apply your case. These chemicals don't play nice with the interior components of your phone, and if they seep in far enough to trip the water damage sensor most phones have these days, you might not be covered for a warranty replacement if something shorts out."

Sometimes these wipes can be very "wet" and moving over a raised surface like a button can be like a squeegee and cause accumulation. Won't take much, and even it not enough to short out a component, the fume can cause corrosion.
    12-08-20 02:23 PM
31 12