But a longtime blackberry fan [literally every model]

My question
    I got a keyone BE
    And love it
    Now nearly 2yrs on ~ I wonder is it worth moving up to keytwo

Or hang out for key3 instead ?

Not bothered about cameras performance
    Mainly use my phone as communication tool instead of my laptop
    What Key3 are you waiting for? If the Key3 happens, that’s way off and probably depends on sales of Key2 and Key2 LE more than anything.

The Key3 right now is like the Z50 that everyone waited for..
    TgeekB and Vistaus like this.
    03-31-19 10:59 AM
    Newbie on the forums

My question
    I got a keyone BE
    And love it

I would hang onto your keyone BE. It's a fantastic phone. At this point you may as well just wait for the key 3
    Catriona62 likes this.
    03-31-19 01:38 PM
    If your current phone is still working well and meeting your needs, you could wait to see if a new Key device is in the making (we don’t know).

If you would like to just get a newer device now, go for the 2!
    Laura Knotek and Catriona62 like this.
    03-31-19 01:49 PM
    Unless you hate the glossy keys and heavy weight of the KEYone, there's little reason to upgrade.

If you really wanna upgrade, go for a KEY2 or LE (I personally recommend the LE, especially if you don't swipe on the keyboard much).
    03-31-19 03:00 PM
    Personally, if you're still happy with your K1 BE, I would stay put. Although, there is no guarantee of a K3 and anyone who states differently would be misinformed. We are all hoping for it, time will tell. Cheers,
    Catriona62 likes this.
    03-31-19 03:53 PM
    Unless you hate the glossy keys and heavy weight of the KEYone, there's little reason to upgrade.

If you really wanna upgrade, go for a KEY2 or LE (I personally recommend the LE, especially if you don't swipe on the keyboard much).
    Personally, I prefer the weight and glossy keys of the KEYone. My contract with Telus is up in June, so I'm waiting to see if there is a KEY3 announcement coming. My KEYone is doing quite well, and if I can hold out for a few (several) months sans contract I will. I don't want to tie myself to a KEY2 if a newer device is in the works. If not, I'm still quite happy with my KEYone's performance and battery.

Edit: Plus, I keep reading of swipe issues on the KEY2. I use swipe gestures all the time, so the LE is a no-go for me.
    Catriona62 likes this.
    03-31-19 07:44 PM
    Nearly two years? Uhhuh. The first k1 didn't come out til after memorial day weekend. BE came out several months later, around the fall. Two years?
    03-31-19 08:04 PM
    Personally, I prefer the weight and glossy keys of the KEYone. My contract with Telus is up in June, so I'm waiting to see if there is a KEY3 announcement coming. My KEYone is doing quite well, and if I can hold out for a few (several) months sans contract I will. I don't want to tie myself to a KEY2 if a newer device is in the works. If not, I'm still quite happy with my KEYone's performance and battery.

Edit: Plus, I keep reading of swipe issues on the KEY2. I use swipe gestures all the time, so the LE is a no-go for me.
    You'll find that most users, minus a select vocal few on these forums, do not have swipe issues on the Key2. Don't let that deter you from enjoying an exceptional phone, which in my opinion is a worthy upgrade from the Key1 in all areas, especially in the keyboard/scrolling area. The key1 is jumpy and not smooth when it comes to scrolling the screen, etc. The Key2 is more like the PRIV regarding smoothness. You will notice the difference if you ever decide to try the key2.
    Sarek1701 and Catriona62 like this.
    03-31-19 10:40 PM
    You'll find that most users, minus a select vocal few on these forums, do not have swipe issues on the Key2. Don't let that deter you from enjoying an exceptional phone, which in my opinion is a worthy upgrade from the Key1 in all areas, especially in the keyboard/scrolling area. The key1 is jumpy and not smooth when it comes to scrolling the screen, etc. The Key2 is more like the PRIV regarding smoothness. You will notice the difference if you ever decide to try the key2.
    Oh hey, thanks for the intro! Unfortunately I am one of those affected with the PKB sensitivities issue. It is a sore point for some on this forum apparently. I would recommend getting a K2, if you wish, but know that it could be affected, unlike those of us who have this issue, it was not known at the time of launch. It certainly is now and fixes are being attempted with reasonable results thus far. For anyone buying a K2 now, just keep a very close eye for the first few days as you can trade in your Defective unit for a brand new one during the exchange period. Wish I had known. Cheers and I hope this helps,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 03-31-19 at 11:37 PM.
    Catriona62 likes this.
    03-31-19 11:16 PM
    Defective unit
    All units are defective. I have proven it before.
    03-31-19 11:40 PM
    Newbie on the forums

My question
    I got a keyone BE
    And love it

Although I am typing this on my BB Motion, I have the Key2 and absolutely love it!

Definitely worth it!
    Catriona62 likes this.
    04-01-19 01:46 AM
    Depending on your carrier, you can still get advanced features on KeyOne that seem to be not allowed on Key2. My wife and I are on T-Mo and she gets Volte, wifi-calling, that stuff. Unless something's changed, on Key2 -- nope.
    Crusader03 and Catriona62 like this.
    04-01-19 07:55 AM
    I had the 3/32 first
    Then got the BE

So nearly two years

Also I'm a 56yr business woman
    Have a bit more respect

Time isn't something I have lots to spare

Or dealings with immature trolls
    04-01-19 04:58 PM
    Actually I've looked at a keytwo
    An was a little disappointed

Quite bland ,low key
    Compared to the BE
    04-01-19 04:59 PM
    I'm UK based
    So I'm probably not missing too much if anything

But thanks
    04-01-19 05:02 PM
    my keyone contract is up in a week so am considering the key2... camera quality reviews from users puts me off, as does possible build quality problems... is it worth the upgrade? like most people on here, hoping for a k3 but...who knows if / when that might happen
    04-13-19 11:54 AM
    I have not been on here for a while but the last time was when I was so disappointed that the bb Classic Whats App stopped working and the whole bb issue of RIM etc Was going on- I like many others absolutely love my experiences with bb mobiles when compared to other mobile companies. I came here looking for solutions for What’s App on bb at the time and found it- have all the apps I need really but What’s App was especially my main concern at the time, so until now been using it successfully as my second or back up phone ever since for in emergencies when for some reason other mobiles can’t seem to get a signal while bb could and can. Thus; it’s reliability for me is important.

Now, thinking to get an update but seen so many reviews on both Keyone and Key2 - just want to know which is best ( I prefer it has a keyboard option) ; and will there be any issues etc expected for these two phones too?
    thank you all very much *
    04-14-19 03:09 AM
    If you want an upgrade from the KEYone BE and you don't like the KEY2.. Then your only option is the LE, which is awesome imo
    04-14-19 04:01 AM
    I'm willing to bet the glossy keys on the keyone will outlast the matte keys on the key 2.
    04-14-19 04:02 AM
    go ahead the key2 is really amazing , I've enjoyed it more than my key1. never looked back to the key1
    04-14-19 02:34 PM